Anime like it dislike it?

DeletedUser

Back to anime.

I think code geass is for pedo's.

all giant robot anime is for pedo's... they're just overcompensating :icon_eek:

anyway, i like anime, but manga is better. comes out faster, and has MUCH less filler crap.

DeletedUser

anyway, i like anime, but manga is better. comes out faster, and has MUCH less filler crap.

Well, I like both :)

I remember dragon ball, saint seya, things like that... way before pokemon or just fist of the north star...

DeletedUser

Don't manga still have filler archs and the like? i mean bleach is the worst about it so is naroutu all there manga had massive filler arches.

darkaniken2

Seen Ninomiya-kun. And Durarara. xD I watch too much anime, I really do.

Durarara had some laughs, but it gave a more serious vibe than I'm looking for. Will try railgun next. Thx. :)

DeletedUser

I tried watching higurashi xD watched 1st season, was not brave enough for 2nd one :D (jk was not interested :p)
Btw, thx for all those suggestions, ill start watching them tomorrow :p

and i liked Code Geass really much because everything was perfectly made. Lelouch, CC, interesting story and really dramatic :p

Higurashi actually wasn't even that gory, compared to some other anime. Almost all of the violence occurs off-screen and you don't see much other than blood splatters. But it's so intense and creepy that it seems incredibly graphic. And then of course sometimes it actually is, lol. It took me 3 tries to make it through all the way through S1. Anyway, if you went through the trouble of watching the entire first season of higurashi, I would definitely recommend the second season. Although the first season did have a couple 'answer' arcs where you think you understand things, you are pretty much still left completely in the dark as to why everything in S1 happened. S2 kind of changes modes - I found it to be much more gripping than S1 in terms of plot, it seems to gain some direction, and pretty much everything is explained by the end. Give it a try :)

Clannad and Clannad After Story, especially if you watch it by yourself, will make you cry multiple times. Highly recommended. Clannad is hilarious and yet at the same time, The Titanic is a comedy in comparison.

I second Ef - A Tale of Memories. very abstract and artsy anime but it is beautiful to watch and thought provoking.

darkaniken2

^What he said about Clannad. Clannad is more funny, where as Clannad: After Story is incredibly sad.

DeletedUser

Seen Ninomiya-kun. And Durarara. xD I watch too much anime, I really do.

Durarara had some laughs, but it gave a more serious vibe than I'm looking for. Will try railgun next. Thx. :)

Yeah, DRRR is different from what it seemed like you were looking for, but if you hadn't watched it I would've suggested it for another time xD

Hope you enjoy :) Unfortunately comedy is my least explored genre so I was a bit short on those suggestions. I like watching depressing stuff :icon_sad:

and yes Clannad is just amazing D:

darkaniken2

Yea, I watch a lot of depressing stuff, but after the last 3 series I've watched, I'm getting to a point where I need lulz.

DeletedUser92094

Poke'mon is the only decent one.
And DragonballZ was cool back in the day :)

The rest i dislike.. -.-'

DeletedUser

only the latest pokemon series is any good team rocket got awesome O.O

Currently im watching Fairy Tail and its pretty good.

DeletedUser

Okay, this definitely caught my eye... thanks overlord :D

Anyways top five for me (in no particular order);

1 - Excel Saga ~ Just for the sheer stupidity of it and side splitting laughter.
2 - Full Metal Alchemist ~ I love the theory of equivalent exchange that they use, it's also got a rather meaningful storyline to it... I am still in the middle of watching this series but I've already seen the FMA movie "Conquerors of Shamballa" so know the main gist ;)
3 - Trinity Blood ~ Crusniks are the win!
4 - Earth Girl Arjuna ~ Relative to modern life with a sci-fi twist.
5 (tied) - Chobits and Fruits Basket ~ Both earn an equal placing because I can't decide between the two :D

DeletedUser90862

2 - full metal alchemist ~ i love the theory of equivalent exchange that they use, it's also got a rather meaningful storyline to it... I am still in the middle of watching this series but i've already seen the fma movie

+1

DeletedUser

Ive noticed no one has said nothing about desert punk that hurts me i liked desert punk!

Also if you like full metal alchemist you should really see the brotherhood one which follows the manga.

DeletedUser92094

Poke'mon 1st generation were the best poke'mons :)
with the exception of the Mudkip :)

DeletedUser

I checked most of the animes posted here and none of them is as good as Code geass

if only you can suggest me some dramatic, with good story anime :p CG was the best one for me and Death note/Elfen lied were not bad

DeletedUser

@ darkaniken: if you're still looking for a pick-me-up check out To Love-Ru if you haven't already, I've gotten major lulz out of that this evening after a friend badgered me into checking it out. Sweet misunderstandings of youth :lol:

darkaniken2

@ darkaniken: if you're still looking for a pick-me-up check out To Love-Ru if you haven't already, I've gotten major lulz out of that this evening after a friend badgered me into checking it out. Sweet misunderstandings of youth :lol:
I've watched a few eps of it, but I hate the stand-alone story lines. No central plot makes it a 5/10 at best.

DeletedUser

I agree the plot isn't very much and it certainly doesn't rank up there on the grand scale of things I watched, but I thought it was light and worth some chuckles nonetheless. Which happened to bring to mind the fact that you wanted something light when I gave you some recommendations earlier :)