Any other oldies around?

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
That might be true yes. But I remember in the early days of the world I could also be offline for two days (youngster at school eh) and nothing bad would happen to my account ^^ That above all has changed a lot.

Deleted User - 848897645

When this game started, less than half the world even had high speed internet.

Oh man, I think that was dial up days for me.
I still remember the sounds when I accidentally picked my the landline XD

alions312

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just recently rejoined. Had forgotten the password to my old account so created a new on. Used. To play at a few world's With the name "tatijean'. this game has definitely changed ALOT!!

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
When this game started, less than half the world even had high speed internet.

Likely being the only player here who was in the .net BETA I'm pretty sure we were off dialup ;) Vast majority of early players tended to be German, US or UK also. I remember having around 2-4Mb speed internet at that time.

Main issue really was that most players didn't use trains at the start. Took a while for that to get going and even when it did it wasn't any good until T trains came in

Deleted User - 848897645

Hey guys, I just recently rejoined. Had forgotten the password to my old account so created a new on. Used. To play at a few world's With the name "tatijean'. this game has definitely changed ALOT!!

Depending on how long you were gone they might have straight up deleted your account.
Thats what they did to mine, I remember getting the email notifying me about it

Likely being the only player here who was in the .net BETA I'm pretty sure we were off dialup ;) Vast majority of early players tended to be German, US or UK also. I remember having around 2-4Mb speed internet at that time.

Main issue really was that most players didn't use trains at the start. Took a while for that to get going and even when it did it wasn't any good until T trains came in

Was living in Aus back then and they are fairly well know (at least in country) to always be behind on internet infrastructure.

Radioactive

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
W21 - AlexWong here.

Great to see some oldies around. Really hesitate to join the game again. I mean too time consuming.

Is there any changes to the game?

Honestly good changes for players like yourself and myself. Lots of new features that save time and with Scavenging you can be a top player without farming. Saving you loads of time. I personally like a lot of the updates but there are some negative updates too that are designed for newer players but make late game for veteran players a pain. Example in my opinion is the watch tower. Although helpful and saves time defensively. Takes away most of the fun on the offensive side. Sending random backline nukes to villages getting full clears, and messing up their farms haha.

Deleted User - 848901890

World 12 was my first world and I ended it in the FEMA tribe when we lost to DNY. I then played world 19 and another world I can't remember back in 2015. Stopped for a bit and just came back.

Deleted User - 848906914

Do I count as an oldie yet? How many years does it take?

PowerofGod.

Reaction score
Started playing on world 1 back in 2006.
Super happy to see a new classic world opening without pp spending!
Long time no see old fart, You and bloodhood are about the only two names that I remember, I played under "ddog456" which is now deleted but Im a W2/W6 original and former w9 Forum Mod.

I'm back and ready for another run but only with some oldies :)

PowerofGod.

Reaction score

No sir I was there aswell haha we are getting old old blood, I used to tell people all the time that they would never understand the feeling of being apart of something in beta that has been going this long I started playing TW in early 2006 if I can recall.

Through my time from w2-w80 on .net and uk1-uk35 before I quit playing at all I've witnessed some Legends in this game.

My very last world: Uk35- We won the world in pure domination and I finished 3rd with my Co Mates I guess Im getting Rusty lol

UK353Green Scream6,938,910565HQ

Last edited: