Any really old farts around?

DeletedUser

Well glad you are okay, despite our past differences / wars; we shared some good times ;-)

I was doing W50, but it was just too easy.... it was like the setting was ultra easy or I had god mode on....

God mode? Civ fan? Yeah W50 is easy, but it allows me a lot of time to do whatever I want (which is nothing) and mess around with a few old friends.

torflek

God mode? Civ fan? Yeah W50 is easy, but it allows me a lot of time to do whatever I want (which is nothing) and mess around with a few old friends.

God mode - I was referring to Doom, but that might be too early for you. At least from my memory it effectively was the first god cheat I can remember. That was the point I quickly realised how unsatisfying cheating in computer games was, and never did again. I did however like Civ and Civ 3, but I quit all time wasting games years ago...... :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

God mode - I was referring to Doom, but that might be too early for you. At least from my memory it effectively was the first god cheat I can remember. That was the point I quickly realised how unsatisfying cheating in computer games was, and never did again. I did however like Civ and Civ 3, but I quit all time wasting games years ago...... :icon_confused:

So you finally quit TW lol?

DeletedUser

I'll move this to general so you guys can discuss whatever you like (within reason...)

Levy

Kylan

Kylan, I never liked you. I think you are almost as full of yourself as I am. Best of luck to you. Jerky ;)

soph

Awww I love you too <3

It doesn't matter to me how any of you remember me... I just know that you all will remember me :p

giantsfrey

Thanks for remembering me, Giantsfrey, was a very long time ago playing this game. I scanned through the thread:

I hated General Maclean too, he was a loose canon. This kid had way too much time on his hands, his activity level was scarey. He was leader of Mars so I had to make nice with him since I led Ares. When he quit and I took over Mars things went much smoother.

I remember PKennedy well. He and I decided to do a joint long range expansion, and together we knocked PTT out of a whole continent. Possibly the most fun Ive ever had in a video game.

But no one here ever liked the GODS tribes, labelling us as a family tribe or some such. I just never had the heart to band together our best and leave behind all our tiny sim city players who never did anything wrong. Or maybe it was because we were never very vocal on these forums. I made sure of that. I wanted us to fly under the radar as long as possible, and came down hard on anyone I caught posting on these forums. Mainly just peeps talking smack on here, I explained nothing good could ever come from members posting here and comparing e-peens. I remember Mclean picking fights on here a lot.

TFB was a worthy opponent, we never duked it out with me at the helm. Maybe we should have went after them instead of PTT, would have been more interesting
for sure.

I forget how SF first formed, but they gained a lot of power from some branch of Gods turning traitor, Thor maybe? Probably from some friction that idiot Maclean caused. I remember the leader Thanatopsis I thought was my friend, when he turned on me and took a whole branch with him I took it personal. Lost a lot of my drive to play. SF was pretty well organized and I didnt have the time or desire to give them the fight they deserved. I did however have great fun when I talked one of their core members (from the defecting tribe) into letting me play his account. He was a half a million points, was being sat by a leader, and had all of his troops out defending the front line. When I took over it was quite the surprise. I recalled mass defense and started fast nobling empty cities at their core, causing them to lose entire villages of defense because all their defenders were out at the edge of their continent. I had more fun playing the renegade account I commandeered than my own. It took them a while to recall all the cores defenders and turn their attention to me. I nobled dozens of cities with no defense, and when they took my cities it just freed up coins to make more nobles and keep right on chain-nobling. Unfortunately I seemed to be the only one fighting the war, and after they took me out I felt no desire to pursue the war with my main account.

WE formed after I left, I think was PKennedy in on that. He begged me to come back, offering a several million point account to take over, but the real life problems that had forced me to leave were still there. Plus this game really seems like work after you have about 10 cities. Great fun till then.

Kylan, I never liked you. I think you are almost as full of yourself as I am. Best of luck to you. Jerky ;)

I think my main problem with this game is it didn't seem to have an end. At least Travian does, but the people here seem better than there. I play on Grepolis now and then, but nothing will ever compare to our time together on world seven tribal wars. Being ranked #1 in the world was interesting. You get a lot of hate mail. And you get a lot of random attacks, people who quit the game and as their last act throw every troop they have at the world leader. Good times. And best of all I met Amy through here. You knew her as Awron, leader of the Orion gods tribe. What were the odds that I would befriend a fellow family tribe leader and find out we went to the same grade school together? We ended up living together for a year and a half. Things didnt work out but I have no regrets. And to think when I first met her on here I was convinced she was a guy pretending to be a girl to elicit sympathy. Too weird!

As usual I've said too much. Good luck to all of you. And congratulations to the WE members for bringing the endgame near.

soph
Soph!!! it is awesome to see you back here again, if even just for a single post. I never got to know you real well, but you were everything that was good and right with GODs according to Awron, and that was enough for me. I happily played under the bullseye of the GODs tag for you, and it was a fun time (until everyone else in orion quit ;P )

but hey, i'm a duke in -WE- now, so don't worry, us GODs still have a stranglehold on the gameworld. and i'm sitting another duke here at the moment, and lazerus is just my pet, so i guess you could say Orion is 3/5 of -WE- now woooooooo haha.

sorry things didn't work out with amy, but that was a great story in and of itself, and i still tell it to baby TW noobs from time to time, heh. best wishes in all that you do, and enjoy the holidays.

-Frey

P.S. i'd have liked to reply sooner, but work and sassy forum bans prevented me from doing so :(

DeletedUser

i was only a two bit player (maxing at about 275k) :) and left in september of 2008 i think. I was a member of TATEC and cant believe its still going haha. iv just started again in world 52 and cant believe the amount of stuff i have forgotten. Anyway it was nice seeing some familiar names and congrats -WE- even though i have no idea who you are (past tribes etc)

DeletedUser

Was in here in 2007 left on 2008 K74/K84 player :) was in THOR then WE... Maintos if you looking here HI mate! :D

DeletedUser

Well I started in TW6 in March 2007 and was only in it a short time then I joined TW7 on its first day, back in May 2007.
Thanks to my tribe being allied to -WE- I was still in K43 and K44 until the end phase, when I agreed to be nobled out by my -WE- friends. My last village was nobled in December 2010, but I still log on to the forum to keep track of TW7 events till the very end. I am no longer playing in any TW worlds.

Fenix7

Been reading the last posts... lots of good memories :) though i didn´t had time to play in the end, its still great to be part of w7 history.

Fenix7
KONW - TG-cib - TG - TFB - WE