archers-r they worth it?

DeletedUser

CB thanks i might look into this but also could you look at what it would do against 6k axee, 3k LCS, 500MA and 300 rams
That is 22 000 farm space. Maximum in 9k village is 21000.
Anyway there are not any changes. The more you put MA in nuke vs defence of spears+hc the less losses for defender. :lol:
In this thread it has been said above that MA is the worst offensive unit because of 5 farm space it consumes :)
Terrific simulation you did. However, could you do the same simulation with 14k swords, perhaps? I don't mean this personally or anything, but shouldn't it be obvious that archers work much better than spears against an axes nuke? I'm not sure I've seen anyone try to use spears as an infantry defense before....

Just putting it out there,
Dmanic
I said approximately 10 times in this thread that the best defence is 10 000 archers + 10 000 swords but it requires ages to build so it can exist in theory only. And swordsman is an essential defensive unit. It is obviously.
In this thread several guys from 3 levels tech worlds try to learn us what we should to do. I do find it funny. I do not know exactly but afaik those tech worlds are mostly increased speed of unit production x1,6-x2. And there are not archers. :)
What about archers and axes. Axeman costs cheaper than archer and takes less production time. Seems you try discuss something like "How to crack a village where are 100k archers and 100k swords in defence?". Answer is: It is impossible. Have fun :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In my humble opinion it all depends on who your attacker is and what he is firing at you.

It also depends on the length the World has been running.

Lets say you have 100 villages the troop mix for defence is just as important as the split between off and def villages. If your 90% offence then having a few troops in defence will not make much difference to you but if your skilled you can snipe a noble or lower the loyalty yourself to make him attack himself ( or herself ) and then having ARCHERS or SWORDS or SPEARS does not mean much really.

If your a turtle then you will have trouble expanding so its really down to each individual and how well his tribe is able to adapt to this new religious world.

Just my two pennies worth

DeletedUser

Forget about 90% offensive villages. LOL
Also forget about decreasing loyality of your own village. That is dumb :)

DeletedUser53418

My village is already stacked with archers and im prepared for atatcks and ARCHERS ARE WORTH IT.

DeletedUser

And what? :icon_biggrin:

Archer
thumb_2008-Aston-Martin-DBS-Front-And-Side-1280x960.jpg

Spear fighter
070531vw-1.jpg

They are almost the same.
:)

DeletedUser

Archers are worth it if you have a wood farm nearby. Having archers saves farm space, and although it's not a problem near the beginning, when people start smartening up and realizing tey are near their farm limit they might stack their defense with archers.

DeletedUser

If you have not enough farm space you still may build higher level of farm.

DeletedUser

Ive found that a lot of people do not use MA in their nukes so having archers in defense will be a great idea.

spears, archers and HC is a good defense, since swords are slower and archers and HC are pretty good against axe. Depends what tactic you like though, since it isn't the strongest defense

DeletedUser

Archers and MA are best support units, no lie. But swords can be good for just keeping at base, because when you start building, well, buildings (like workshops, lvling up barracks, wall, stables, etc) iron becomes expendable and wood becomes very valuable.

But it brings me back to my point of the 20k troop limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

both archers and MA even with swords will be weak against an offense with LC and MA in it

DeletedUser

I meant best as support units. Sure, HC will trounce the stuffing out of them, but still, they are good defensively. MA, like HC, are good both ways (HC slightly more)

DeletedUser

i dont really build archers cost too much for them to be mauled by MA. in a defense i prefer to mix swords spears and HC sometimes with a couple hundred ma supporting but not often

DeletedUser

You can use MA as a defensive unit but it is significantly weaker then spear/archer/HC. <-- Good thing about that tactic is that it is fast; you can get more troops in there before the attack arrives

DeletedUser

Only weakness in that trio is that if they nuke you with mainly axes your HC will be the only major defence against them which is why i always like to have some swords defending :)

DeletedUser

Spear fighter is 12,5% stronger vs light cavalry than archer. So archer is useful only against axeman but if stack village with many heavy cavalry so attacker's axes will be mostly annihilated by bigger defensive stack of heavy cavalry.