are bang! and c2 going to merge too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Just a question... but it looks that way to everyone else.

MichielK

Sure, because inviting 15 new members is just what you do before merging with a tribe with 72 members :icon_rolleyes:

Just a question... but it looks that way to everyone else.

You + two friends that are also so far on the rim they can scout W15 = not everyone

DeletedUser

yep we are gonna merge. we got hacks to override the 80 member limit. or maybe make a family? worked well for your tribe didnt it?

at least you gave Mk a new sig ^^^ ;P

DeletedUser

MK didn't use it as his sig, but this is just irrational. Not worth responding to directly, MK is good enough :lol:.

DeletedUser

well, it don't matter bout the limit, when I am talking bout later down the road. It would seem that they are close enough to be called a family... Everyone I've spoken to has the other tribes back. c2, tkr, bang!. no mention of plight from these groups though. even though you have diplomatic relations, they aren't as tight. So, I put this question up to see HOW you would respond. Looks like I'm closer to truth than you like...

DeletedUser

Nope you couldn't be further from the truth. I might not be in any of those tribes, but it's pretty obvious that they aren't gonna merge.

DeletedUser

So if we agree, you're right, but if we disagree, you're right because we're covering up the truth?

DeletedUser29719

well, it don't matter bout the limit, when I am talking bout later down the road. It would seem that they are close enough to be called a family... Everyone I've spoken to has the other tribes back. c2, tkr, bang!. no mention of plight from these groups though. even though you have diplomatic relations, they aren't as tight. So, I put this question up to see HOW you would respond. Looks like I'm closer to truth than you like...

BANG! and C2 alliance is the "oldest" w16 alliance existing so far and was also the only alliance BANG had for about 14-15 months. (Until this August). If you ever picked your friends in a different way than "can we be allies?" method then you should already know the difference between "family" and "ally" terms.

Your post seems to be effected from your political and military problems with BANG! and also BANG and TKR's recent decision to join together. Dont forget that Ad Inf tried to get "others back" and also Ad Inf had more tribes at their back then BANG! at the beginning. But as quality were more important on this point, Ad Inf failed.

Do not think that the best way is to become allied with "top tribes". You dont have to mail them and beg for alliance. You just have to give some time to think. C2 and BANG! were both about 40th~ at overall rankings when the alliance was sealed.

DeletedUser

MK didn't use it as his sig, but this is just irrational. Not worth responding to directly, MK is good enough :lol:.
oh yh forgot about that black line thing for sigs. and nicely put kerb

MichielK

And surprisingly enough, the "Ha! But that was my plan all along!" approach fails again.

Kerb gave a nice example about the BANG-C² relationship and how old it is. Let me give you another, more lengthy one, in the hope that you'll learn something from it.

Back when I was diplomat of TIF, we ran into TKR...head-first :icon_wink:. During the course of our little expedition, we got talking to our "enemies". Signing a ceasefire was pretty easy once we discovered that the tribe was not only more skilled than other tribes in similar areas but led by intelligent and respectful people who seemed trustworthy. After a while this ceasefire developed into a NAP.

Observation 1: The NAP didn't come about by TKR randomly mailing us and asking for one, but by both tribes earning eachothers trust and respect over time.

This diplomatic relationship had time to grow, and both tribes went up in the ranks. TIF moved into the top 10, while TKR moved into the top 40. When the war between TIF and C² broke out, TKR offered support and assistance. Despite the fact that TIF was taking heavy losses against a top tribe, this small tribe had the guts to do the right thing, consequences be damned.

Observation 2: Even when short-term tribal goals dictated otherwise, TKR went above and beyond the call of duty protecting a friend at their own peril.

TIF lost the war and merged into C². One of the first thing the former TIF leadership did was introduce TKR, and insist that the NAP TIF had would be carried over into C². After all, here was a tribe who not only had shown loyalty in difficult circumstances but who was by now clearly one of the top tribes on the rim, and had the potential to go far. The existing C² leadership agreed.

If TKR had stood idly by or attacked TIF when they were vulnerable, it's safe to say that in that case the TIF leadership would have been less motivated, the C² leadership less impressed, and TKR's future less succesful.

Observation 3: Loyalty breeds loyalty. By doing the right thing, TKR did more to advance themselves than by going for quick success.

We all know the outcome. TKR made it into the top 5 and became a true force to be reckoned with, despite starting out in a continent of interest to both BANG and C². They did this not just on superior skill and activity, but on superior ethics and character as well. They made the tough decisions and got rewarded.

If you want another example, I know a tribe that could have been a factor during the BANG-ORC war but cowered in the corner instead, hoping they'd remain unnoticed...how's that decision working out for you these days?

DeletedUser

lol, I was unaware of any of this you speak of, I wasn't involved in any of this worlds politics, ever.
Now, as my tribe is getting beaten on and the end does appear to be coming closer and closer as no one supports my tribe cus "it cowered" as you say... I had but three villages for an eternity, check my stats... I followed a couple guys who are not even around anymore (they went inactive) and it lead me into the tribe of Ad inf... kinda sucks that I am on this end of the politics of this world. I have been told that my tribes leadership started all this mess, and now they are no longer here... so why hasn't anyone tried diplomacy now? cus eventually, you will have to fight each other to be one supreme ruler of this world...no? otherwise, everyone left must merge. (ojagdtiger and weepinwillow apparently were part of our demise? or no? can anyone tell me more of the history of how this war even started, as I don't know. I did not know that you were allied so long, just heard that c2 is supreme commander over the three... not just by points, but either way... I must be missinformed, or just not informed enough. can anyone be so kind as to let me know?

sorry for jumping off topic, but I ment to say, Now, as my tribe gets beaten on, I am all of a sudden part of council, finding the tribes leadership slowly fell off(except for amberor), we lost our diplomat(tryandcatchme to hospital in RL) and the council that is left is not trying diplomacy, nor had they been allowed, I have taken it up on myself as no one seemed to be. now I find more and more out.
And I was given chance to jump ship, but I didn't take it, cus I am not a sellout, I am loyal to my tribe.
So I will die with them, or merge if allowed, with them to another tribe. but I won't leave them. thats the rules ain't it...?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol, I was unaware of any of this you speak of, I wasn't involved in any of this worlds politics, ever.
You just completely destroyed any shred of credibility that you may have had in making this thread. You assert that Bang! and C2 will merge, and then continue on to say that you are not and have never been involved in this world's politics. So where on Earth did you come up with the evidence that supports your statement?

Now, as my tribe is getting beaten on and the end does appear to be coming closer and closer as no one supports my tribe cus "it cowered" as you say...
They did. Both Bang! and ORC tried to get Ad Inf to help, but they preferred to sit on the fence until one side had started to win, and then jump in to take a share of the spoils. Unfortunately for Ad Inf, there was no winning side to join as both sides merged and focuses on Ad Inf. As for your question of why does no one support you guys, its for two simple reasons.
1. There is no one left to support you. The closest tribe that might even entertain the thought is IAR, but they are in no position to do so.
2. You refused to help anyone in a major war, so why should people want to support a tribe who won't repay the favor in the future?

I had but three villages for an eternity, check my stats...
You would've been better off leaving this out. You just basically stated that either A. You are a bad player or B. You are an inactive player. I'm guessing it's a combination.

I followed a couple guys who are not even around anymore (they went inactive) and it lead me into the tribe of Ad inf... kinda sucks that I am on this end of the politics of this world.
You seem to be one of those people who wishes to blame others for your troubles. Following bad leaders was your own poor decision. You could've left at any time you wished. In the end, you can only blame yourself.

I have been told that my tribes leadership started all this mess, and now they are no longer here...
You had to have someone tell you this? Again, this raises that issue of possible inactivity on your part.

so why hasn't anyone tried diplomacy now?
Going back to the Bang!/ORC war, no one wants any sort of diplomacy with a tribe that will refuse to hold up their end of the bargain. Remember that diplomacy goes both ways.

cus eventually, you will have to fight each other to be one supreme ruler of this world...no?
True

otherwise, everyone left must merge.
Not true

(ojagdtiger and weepinwillow apparently were part of our demise? or no? can anyone tell me more of the history of how this war even started, as I don't know.
To be short: Ad Inf refused to help either side in the Bang!/ORC war. The two sides merged to form Bang!? Then both Bang!? and TKR decided to attack Ad Inf for both not joining a side and just for plain expansion.

I did not know that you were allied so long, just heard that c2 is supreme commander over the three... not just by points, but either way... I must be missinformed, or just not informed enough. can anyone be so kind as to let me know?
That's usually part of diplomacy. You don't run around telling everyone who you are and are not allied to. And yes, you are misinformed. If C2 was the "supreme commander" of the three tribes as you put it, that would make it a family tribe. Instead, all three, or rather, the two tribes now are equals in the alliance.

DeletedUser

Well, firstly i gotta say some much smarter and astute observations have already been made about ST efforts at manipulation, but the comment that caught my eye is his clear attempt at unsettling the Plight alliance.

'no mention of Plight from these groups'....

Excuse me, but that right there is the cause of this thread. this thread isnt aimed at supposed mergers - which is plain for us all to answer - its about a continued effort on ad inf part to distract Bang! from our current path of destruction (destroying ad inf) and to try and bring a plight vs. C2/Bang war to w16.

The pathetic thing is that he makes this post and his misguided comments after Bang have gone on record as stating we have an alliance with Plight. Now that may not be as old as the c2 one, but it certainly means more than 'until we get bored with kicking ad inf'.

As for tkr and c2 i cannot speak, but as tkr now merged with us, they will also treat plight as ally, and i suspect c2 are quite busy enjoying themselves fighting Hrv.

i can't be bothered writing anymore

MichielK

A loss to us all :icon_wink:

Now, as my tribe is getting beaten on and the end does appear to be coming closer and closer as no one supports my tribe cus "it cowered" as you say... I had but three villages for an eternity, check my stats... I followed a couple guys who are not even around anymore (they went inactive) and it lead me into the tribe of Ad inf... kinda sucks that I am on this end of the politics of this world.

I have no doubt that it "kinda sucks", but you have no one to blame for that by yourself. Had you remained active, you would've had a chance to A) prove your worth and join a better tribe or B) become more influential in Ad Inf and help prevent mistakes. Decisions are made by those who show up.

For future reference: if a tribe takes in a player that was inactive for months, that's generally not a sign it is well led.

I have been told that my tribes leadership started all this mess, and now they are no longer here... so why hasn't anyone tried diplomacy now? cus eventually, you will have to fight each other to be one supreme ruler of this world...no? otherwise, everyone left must merge.

Or remain at peace and petition TW for closing the world with them as victors. Only two worlds in TW history ended (that I know of), and both were smaller worlds. There is no rule or strong evidence anywhere that a world can only end through one tribe conquering all others.

ojagdtiger and weepinwillow apparently were part of our demise? or no? can anyone tell me more of the history of how this war even started, as I don't know.

I wasn't directly involved, but here's the story as I understood it:
* BANG and ORC had a war
* Ad Inf had a chance to be a factor in this war, but preferred to stay out
* After the war, Ad Inf obviously offered their "loyalty" to the winners
* BANG doesn't have amnesia :icon_wink:

I did not know that you were allied so long, just heard that c2 is supreme commander over the three... not just by points, but either way... I must be missinformed, or just not informed enough. can anyone be so kind as to let me know?

This implication is downright insulting to all three tribes involved.

Alliances only work as a cooperation between equals. Ours clearly work. Do the math.

sorry for jumping off topic, but I ment to say, Now, as my tribe gets beaten on, I am all of a sudden part of council, finding the tribes leadership slowly fell off(except for amberor), we lost our diplomat(tryandcatchme to hospital in RL) and the council that is left is not trying diplomacy, nor had they been allowed, I have taken it up on myself as no one seemed to be. now I find more and more out.
And I was given chance to jump ship, but I didn't take it, cus I am not a sellout, I am loyal to my tribe.
So I will die with them, or merge if allowed, with them to another tribe. but I won't leave them. thats the rules ain't it...?

Not the rules, but it is the classy thing to do. You'll end up the same way as your tribemates, but at least you might be able to hold your head up high and say with some pride that it took a true elite tribe to knock you out.

DeletedUser

At first, I wrote this thread, thinking that I would inquire as it only seems obvious after what I have seen on other worlds to happen in the end, it will come down to a couple tribes maybe three that battle it out...

As for me being active, I wasn't for quite sometime... then I became active, I was also a poor player about a year and a bit ago... this has been going on longer than that... I only have become involved lately in the inner dealings of the tribe, say the last month... so say what you want, yeah I guess I am trying to save a tribe that has only brought me in to my immenent doom, but what else am I to do? I won't backstab them, so I can't leave them. I am screwed, and I am a good player, check my ODA, even my points in last two months, I just got a full membership about two weeks ago. Bad timing on that, but oh well. I am going to try and do what I can, right now I am just trying to keep people organized.

Oh, and as for PLIGHT, I am not in anyway trying to stir any trouble between you, them or anyone. I may have let that sound that way, but I was just fishing for information on diplomacy, I am new to forums for most part, this is not my entire life as it is for some people... so give a guy a break. You guys were all prolly playing this world for at least 2yrs now... so quote this up, least I can say this and know its all truth, and doesn't make me look bad, just unlucky.

before anyone says it, ok 3 months... its still big jump, and I wasn't playing for like at least another 3 after that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

MichielK

so say what you want, yeah I guess I am trying to save a tribe that has only brought me in to my immenent doom, but what else am I to do? I won't backstab them, so I can't leave them. I am screwed, and I am a good player, check my ODA, even my points in last two months, I just got a full membership about two weeks ago. Bad timing on that, but oh well. I am going to try and do what I can, right now I am just trying to keep people organized.

And kudos for doing that. I know quite a few people in both BANG and TKR, and I know they appreciate a good fight more than simply eating players who quit...if you're working hard and doing well, you're doing them and your own tribe a favor.

However, while your intentions may be commendable, your methods are not. You've alienated quite a few people with your early posts, and people tend to have a pretty long memory.

Best advice I can give you is to use this as a learning experience. Fight your heart out, try to get your tribe organised, take a few less ambitious stabs at diplomacy if you must :icon_wink:

The odds are good that you'll still end up being rimmed, but instead of a guy who came back to a mess and ran for the door, you'll go into your next world a better player and a battle-hardened veteran.

DeletedUser

I know this, but somethings don't jive with me, like Why is it only bang! members answer here? Mostly? If, and I say if plight were to war you now it would be prime opportune time, cuz c2 is at war with lhrva. Thats why you started in on me the way you did. Your scared cus that would mean you actually have someone that poses a challenge and may put YOU down. As for diplomacy, I tried everything everywhere, except with bang!, cus I am not stupid. Its up to people to take a stand against you all, or have you decide. I say you decide, cus everyone has alliances and they won't break them, so they have to have you decide if its ok for them to accept me, or anyone for that matter that is in ad inf. right? like if I wanted to merge with say PLIGHT. would you be ok with that? I highly doubt it. what about c2? or anyone else other than you? is that a problem, and if it is why? cuz this is your area to take? according to who? you? Thats what I am talking bout, who really controls what? and when do others realize it...
I have no problems with any of you, the only problem is with our tribes. I haven't tried to take any villages from any of you. and none of you from me, yet. so I am asking for diplomacy with you. I also ask if it is ok for me to find a way out without being a refugee? I have been asked, I won't say from whom, but it is a tribe of your alliance. Is it ok, if they reach proper channels, for me to leave Ad inf now??? I asked my tribe and they said it was with them, as they know my history even better than you.

DeletedUser52669

Hey, I am not sure if you think before you post, but you should have done your homework and at least counted the replies by each tribe member before you stated that mostly bang answers here. I did a quick count and I think there was 9 or 10 replies from non bang member and like 4 from bang members. :icon_eek: Actually add another non bang member to the count for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.