Are Turtle the best tribe out there on W72?

Mr.Impossible

I do not remember much before I left after Hans (confused llama) left...
..it is really impressive to see that when I left Turtle was going on a downfall from tribes sorrounding them, and I was not expecting them any sooner to survive but was predicting a break up.

Nevertheless, they proved they are dedicated and quality players out there on how they handled the situation and now it can be seen they are on top board.

Great work,

do you agree that Turtle is the best tribe out there?

DeletedUser98728

I do not remember much before I left after Hans (confused llama) left...
..it is really impressive to see that when I left Turtle was going on a downfall from tribes sorrounding them, and I was not expecting them any sooner to survive but was predicting a break up.

Nevertheless, they proved they are dedicated and quality players out there on how they handled the situation and now it can be seen they are on top board.

Great work,

do you agree that Turtle is the best tribe out there?

I'd say they are lucky to have Messypantz / Noobs on ice / Locjam on their frontline in k54. I could see the argument made for them being #1 especially since the way things are going in Cruel as of late.

Thats coming from someone in 800 who has fought both tribes on both fronts.

Asylum Escapee

turtle are not really a good tribe, but the quality of tribes on w72 is super low.

TheHans

Master Commander 2016
Reaction score
I left quite suddenly. But it is great to see Turtle still fighting strong.

Agree that with Noobs and MessyPants they have a great advantage. But two accounts do not make a great tribe like them.

DeletedUser

Not sure at what point you left, but they have been allied to Cruel since day 1. Put the top 2 tribes in an alliance (+ CORE at the start, making it 3 of the top 5, can't remember rankings) (+ ninja, which was top 5 for a long period of time) (+ merge in kaboom etc, although you were probably around for this bit)

Still really impressive when put into context?

In saying that, it could easily be argued that they are the best tribe in 72. Obviously some great players in there. It could be argued that they are not, as well ;P

rich26ca

i would say that it takes more then brute force attacks to make a good tribe on any world. mergers, alliances, recruitment are all part of a long term strategy so in that way yes i would say turtle/Cruel depending on the month are the two best tribes on w72. Not to demean or take away from tribes like mayhem or captcha...

mayhem is a huge merger after merger after merger so to demean turtle for this action is a but hypocritical. and captcha was created off a merger as well. their recruitment at first was very tight and they destroyed the smaller tribes around them... but like all tribes over the summer, activity hurts. The Turtle family organizational structure ensured that we would survive and thrive during what is always a tough time on any top 5 tribe which is summer vacation and the start of the new school year.

I think strategically Turtle has place them selves extremely well as has Cruel... strategically we are better placed then any other tribes in the world as no other alliance has yet matched our growth or activity. Now its just a test of time and will to see if the Northern alliance will take out the southern alliance....

should be good fun;)

DeletedUser98728

i would say that it takes more then brute force attacks to make a good tribe on any world. mergers, alliances, recruitment are all part of a long term strategy so in that way yes i would say turtle/Cruel depending on the month are the two best tribes on w72. Not to demean or take away from tribes like mayhem or captcha...

mayhem is a huge merger after merger after merger so to demean turtle for this action is a but hypocritical. and captcha was created off a merger as well. their recruitment at first was very tight and they destroyed the smaller tribes around them... but like all tribes over the summer, activity hurts. The Turtle family organizational structure ensured that we would survive and thrive during what is always a tough time on any top 5 tribe which is summer vacation and the start of the new school year.

I think strategically Turtle has place them selves extremely well as has Cruel... strategically we are better placed then any other tribes in the world as no other alliance has yet matched our growth or activity. Now its just a test of time and will to see if the Northern alliance will take out the southern alliance....

should be good fun;)

Mergers are always good this time of game. It ensures you have fresh active players and a good pool to grab from. Nothing wrong with that. I'm a firm believer that activity trumps skill at this point of the game.

As for Cruel, They are putting on a strong face I'd say ;)

They recently had ram-me-harder delete after being opped, why me account gone, now johnny account is being nobled by the nomads/EIN pretty steadily. If I was to rank the top 4 myself? I'd put it like this

Turtle - activity / new recruits fresh blood new hype is always good. Then the messy/noobs combo

800 - my tribe / all active now and no more dead accounts for Cruel to pad stats off of.

Mayhem - allies pushing Turtle and finding the weak spots ;)

Cruel - Stated above they have their core active, but unlike mayhem/800/Turtle I don't see them having anywhere to pull new recruits from. The north looks like they've decided to hit johnny so I doubt theyll join them, and Axe when we decide we will just eat them, so I doubt they will recruit them.

Then again the maps will change more I'm sure and we've got a long way till we're done here.

DeletedUser

Well Cruel did ask Axe for recruitment, so i hear. So they may just get that fresh blood that they are looking for.

Silly silly, we all know we provoked the northern tribes to hit cruel.

On topic. Turtle at this moment do hold the most dominance and have a lot of momentum going in the right direction. If they can maintain this speed and activity they will have a great ride to the end. Barring some unforeseen difficulties, i don't see Turtle being knocked off by anyone directly.

DeletedUser

Ram was dead before you opped him, though it certainly appears that way based on the timeline.

Everything else you're on a need to know basis and even good ol Waalter here doesn't know it all, though I'll give him credit for resourcefulness. :3 Trust me when I say if you make a player quit based on your attacks we will indeed give you guys the credit for a job well done but don't mistake one thing for another is all.

xman182

For the record Ram was done way before 800 started hitting him so they only jumped on a guy who was red before anything started so no applause there. Flinty got caught off guard for sure.

Johnny it seems someone planted a co on that account who has been playing games trying to provoke all tribes around us, I wonder who in this world would resort to such bullshit tactics to try to win, seeing how playing straight up hasn't been working. As for provoking the northern tribes to hit us again this has been happening the whole war with 800 nothing new. So go ahead and bring up axe , your just mad they have sided with us over you. So stop trying to play puppeteer with every rim tribe in the world. You can go on beating your chest that you got the better of a dead account and caught one guy with a few villas on the front off guard but in the end stats speak for them self.

Ruthless
555 ~ 150

DeletedUser

Ram me was dead yes, didn't even rebuild walls.

Not sour about anything. I understand their stance, and just like every other tribe who has sided with you, I'm sure they will flourish.

Stats tho.

[spoil]Side 1: Tribes: CruelSide 2: Tribes: 800813Timeframe: Last monthTotal conquers against opposite side:Side 1: 28Side 2: 69Difference: 41
chart
Points value of total conquers against opposite side:Side 1: 265,445Side 2: 630,129Difference: 364,684
chart
[/spoil]

[spoil]Side 1: Tribes: CruelSide 2: Tribes: 800813Timeframe: Last weekTotal conquers against opposite side:Side 1: 10Side 2: 36Difference: 26
chart
Points value of total conquers against opposite side:Side 1: 95,159Side 2: 344,029Difference: 248,870
chart
[/spoil]

Omniscience, maybe not, but not far off.

DeletedUser

Congrats on the upper hand this month. Though for the past week the last 22 were indeed villages not fighting back. (just counted em) So I wouldn't brag too hard about the past week exactly. But again, you've got the upper hand this month. Wars long from over though!

xman182

I'd agree you got the jump on us this month . we have defiantly had alotta other issues to deal with not to make excuses. Not sure who you are referring to tho we have had diplo with one other tribe this world and yes turtle does seem to be flourishing.

We have had numerous chances to beat our chest and spam the forums with stats but I prefer to be modest and not brag about things but if you insist I will again point you to the big picture here.

Side 1:
Tribes: Cruel
Side 2:
Tribes: 800813

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 559
Side 2: 153
Difference: 406

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 5,313,385
Side 2: 1,406,356
Difference: 3,907,029

chart

Last edited:

DeletedUser98728

Lol someone was active enough to thit that delete button on Ram-me account though, because it sure deleted quickly after we started nobling it.

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Hmmm. Are Turtle the best tribe? In my opinion, no. They've recruited and internalled multiple tribes of players. On top of that, they've nobled tons and tons of barbs to build their clusters. Sure, turtle may have been surrounded by tribes and been at war with multiple at once, but I don't think they've really fought anybody that they haven't recruited from, or put diplomacy in place to win the war.

Whenever Turtle would lose their #1 rank, they'd simply recruit a few of their basher or academy members to give them back the #1 spot. They certainly don't deserve the #1 spot in my opinion. Sure, you can say they have high war ODA and ODD, but their ratio is only 3.4 and Ninja's is 2.5. On top of that, their recruitment policy is pretty non-existent, they pretty much let anybody into their academies and main branch, making it easy for spies to get in. Really, the best player in Turtle is Noobs. Noobs participates and has made war caps and fought both offensively and defensively. The only sad part is that Noobs is the leader and is the one with the seemingly open-door recruitment policy.

Here is the tribe changes for some of the tribes:

Turtle:
Tribe Changes:298
Ruthless:
Tribe Changes:173
Mayhem:
Tribe Changes:131
Captcha:
Tribe Changes:136
Ninja Turtles:
Tribe Changes:285

As seen above, you can see all the players that have come and gone through out just two of the Turtle Family Branches.

If Cruel hadn't stepped into save Turtle from 800813 slaughtering them, and if Turtle didn't have a seemingly endless supply of noobs to recruit, then Turtle certainly wouldn't be where it is today. I imagine 800813 would have done a lot of damage to Turtle's core. Sadly however, once Cruel declared in a surprise move against 800813, 800813 lost quite a bit of ground and quite a few players went inactive, leaving the rest of 800813 to be ran by a few players to find new account owners and sit multiple frontline accounts. 800813 have picked things up lately, so it should be interesting to see what happens next. Now that Mayhem have mass recruited the old skype members that didn't give up, quit, or jump on the Turtle bandwagon, it should be interesting to see what happens. I think Mayhem could do a lot of damage to Turtle if Mayhem coordinate well.

I'd have to say that if any tribes possibly deserve the #1 spot, it'd have to be either Mayhem or Cruel. Yes, Mayhem just recruited a bunch of skype members, but their war stats (war rankings) are great, at a 6.9 ratio, and they've done well against Turtle so far. Mayhem also have a nice cluster. Cruel has grown nicely without doing too much recruiting. Cruel is also #1 for tribal ODA. Cruel are also at the top of the leaderboards in the war rankings, and have a 9.2 ratio.

If turtle members disagree with me, I do encourage you guys to prove me wrong and to prove that you guys actually deserve your rank, but not with words. Rather, prove me wrong with war caps, ODA, coordination, and activity. In a way, you can see this is both positive and negative criticism. You can take what I've said and argue with me, or you can try to improve yourselves and do better.

I'm sure other players will comment on my statements, especially the external Turtle trolls that seem to keep taking over every forum thread. I do wish to hear what other players have to say though. Just to be clear, the above statements are meant to be an opinion with some facts thrown in. An opinion is debatable as everybody looks at things differently from different perspectives and attitudes towards the subject matter. My statements do not reflect my thoughts or opinions towards individual players, rather my comments are made in regards to the tribes themselves and not necessarily each individual member. My statements also do not represent the feelings, opinions, or beliefs held by the tribe I'm in or its members. Should anybody wish to reply to anything I've said, please do so in a mature, respectful manner using facts, logic, and well thought out statements.

-BGeorge3

DeletedUser

You can't even argue with that disclaimer, and I pretty much agree with what you say, almost wholeheartedly.

DeletedUser

I do find this quite funny as Turtle seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield of W72, but it's of little consequence. The tribe is still here, it has a very tight and very talented core nucleus of players that push the tribe along it's path, much like any of the other top tribes on this world.

Would it have been a top tribe on a world like the one I originally came from? Not a snowball's chance in hell. But there will be very few tribes that will ever match that type of leadership and tribe-before-self mentality. However, to try and claim that Mayhem or Cruel deserve anything is quite funny. You think you deserve it? Take it. Cruel/Mayhem haven't had to fight multiple wars on multiple fronts. The closest you could come to that was your "war" with BACON at the time of declaring on 800813. Mayhem has never fought on anything but one border. Turtle/Ninja fought it's way out from enemies on all sides besides it's east where their main ally was located, so indeed, both sides combined have quite a few losses related to wars.

Whenever Turtle would lose their #1 rank, they'd simply recruit a few of their basher or academy members to give them back the #1 spot.

Interesting you would bring this up. You seem to have lost sight of the many months that Turtle fell to second, and even to third place for a bit, and remained there while keeping members in Ninja/Turtle relatively unchanged. But honestly, ranking is nothing but a number, on to what you apparently think is the most important: war caps.

You bring up a good point, the ratio isn't as high as any of the other tribes, but if Turtle hasn't fought a tribe that has been, as many call it, 'of much consequence' to this world, what can the rest of W72 claim? The biggest tribe to fall to date has been the SKYPE F. with at the time of their fall over 50M+ points and what seemed like a bazillion accounts splintering all over the place. You would be short-sighted to think the absorption of live players is dumb on Turtle's part tho: just a quick check into Cruel, 800813 or Mayhem's TW Stats shows the pain of inactivity. And if you wish to combine Turtle/Ninja's losses (which number over 1k and counting), it's best to also combine their war conquers, which numbers at nearly 3,400, which of course doesn't include the dozens of accounts that were booted mid-war. Cruel is barely above Ninja in war ODA and falls WAY behind Turtle in the same breath, and I will be short and sweet as far as Ninja was concerned: for many moons, that tribe was alive through the hard work of a select few, the actual active participants barely hovered above double digits for a very long time, we just stuck it out as two tribes to literally save face because inactivity hit both tribes tremendously hard. The idea was the put-on that there were two tribes was enough to keep some people at bay and weary to attack, and in some regards it worked, while others were able to pick off weak/inactive accounts to make the war stats appear as they are.

If Cruel hadn't stepped into save Turtle from 800813 slaughtering them, and if Turtle didn't have a seemingly endless supply of noobs to recruit, then Turtle certainly wouldn't be where it is today. I imagine 800813 would have done a lot of damage to Turtle's core. Sadly however, once Cruel declared in a surprise move against 800813, 800813 lost quite a bit of ground and quite a few players went inactive, leaving the rest of 800813 to be ran by a few players to find new account owners and sit multiple frontline accounts. 800813 have picked things up lately, so it should be interesting to see what happens next. Now that Mayhem have mass recruited the old skype members that didn't give up, quit, or jump on the Turtle bandwagon, it should be interesting to see what happens. I think Mayhem could do a lot of damage to Turtle if Mayhem coordinate well.

Now this is quite a statement to see. 800813 slaughtering Turtle huh? Interesting, I remember it as 800813 beating on the Noobs account and nobling the inactive Asians from ORC that were overwhelmingly not wanted by a majority of the tribe when they were brought in. To me, it looked more like Cruel took advantage of the fact that 800813 were concentrated elsewhere and were literally caught with their pants around their ankles. To think that a long-standing ally wouldn't eventually attack the tribe(s) attacking their ally is kind of... foolish. Either on 800813's leadership, or maybe Cruel members who believe they swooped in to save the day. Who knows, maybe it was planned that way? And to say this isn't a calling out or slandering of us, to say Turtle has an 'endless supply of noobs to recruit from', I'll leave you with this little bit:

Personally I am listed as being 145-1 in the 2 wars I've participated in under our tag. That obviously doesn't come close to accounting for the villages I've taken from booted enemies/barbs from enemies that quit that I went on to take, so that places me at just under 54% caps from accounted war caps. There are MANY like that within our tribe that fight, war, and move to different fronts. If I had to bet on Cruel, Mayhem, 800813, or our group of core players like myself who do nothing but look forward to the fight, I'd choose Turtle based off what I've seen. The few carry the many on all accounts everywhere: Zullu and Xman are wonderful representatives of Cruel in their war with 800813. Mayhem are represented quite well by... well... Farmercy. 800813, FDRN was doing well for awhile until the players all bounced off it and went elsewhere. Turtle has the Noobs account and people like Loc and Messy who may stand out, but they have a supporting cast of players like myself that make things work here. Whoever has the number 1 spot is mostly irrelevant, but for right now Turtle is in that driver seat and has quite a large lead in terms of where it can expand and continue to grow out while pushing towards the final main enemies on this world: Mayhem and 800813.

What I will look forward to is what exactly will Cruel do about the grumblings coming out of the North? You have members who have seemed to have upset the natives and have been doing so for quite awhile.

Asylum Escapee

Everything is great, this is a great world with amazing competition. The rivers flow with whiskey, and the mountains are glazed with gold. World 72 is the pinnacle of activity and competition! I am truly honored to be playing among such giants.

Last edited:

rich26ca

Hmmm. Are Turtle the best tribe? In my opinion, no. They've recruited and internalled multiple tribes and players. On top of that, they've nobled tons and tons of barbs to build their clusters.

1. Which tribe in this world doesn't have internals, who havent recruited/merged
2. Which tribes are farspread as we are other then cruel which take just as many barbs. A sign of quit players, and starting clusters for war efforts.

Sure, turtle may have been surrounded by tribes and been at war with multiple at once, but I don't think they've really fought anybody that they haven't recruited from, or put diplomacy in place to win the war.

we fought Skype for 4 months before there leadership shat the bed and there members came to us... any war tribe that has constantly had the upper hand on the bulk of there enemies this will happen. and again i would ask which tribe in this world hasnt recruited from a tribe they have been at war with or in conflict with? Cruel has, mayhem has, Captcha has and so has turtle...

Whenever Turtle would lose their #1 rank, they'd simply recruit a few of their basher or academy members to give them back the #1 spot.

This is just false... Turtle hasn't been rank#1 since what February! and just recently took number one as a result of cruel's issues not recruitment.

there was a merger between Ninja and turtle but that didnt put us at number one... and the whole point of an academy is to replace inactive, quit players... you sound surprised which is weird.

They certainly don't deserve the #1 spot in my opinion.

Except

Sure, you can say they have high war ODA and ODD

but their ratio is only 3.4 and Ninja's is 2.5.

thats war ratios from ingame and only apply to tribes that declare all there conflicts as turtle does... that cant be said about most of the world so that stat is really skewed...

Here is a real ratio that shows some actual intel ie which tribes are agressive...

Turtles ODA ratio is: 5.46
Cruel ODA ratio is: 4.70
Mayhem ODA ratio is: 3.73
Captcha ODA ratio is: 4.21

On top of that, their recruitment policy is pretty non-existent, they pretty much let anybody into their academies and main branch, making it easy for spies to get in.

Cant really argue this all i can really say is that is no longer the case and noobs isnt running recruitment anymore.

Really, the best player in Turtle is Noobs. Noobs participates and has made war caps and fought both offensively and defensively.

Yes Noobs account is one of the better accounts in Turtle but there are several accounts with in turtle that are always attacking and help defend. the fact that you think only one account does that kind clouds your credibility in the rest of your comments to mention just a few would be;

messy, loc, roc, david, ect all do the things your talking about and there are many many more... the real difference between these accounts is activity/co players and location.

Here is the tribe changes for some of the tribes:

[spoil]Turtle:
Tribe Changes:298
Ruthless:
Tribe Changes:173
Mayhem:
Tribe Changes:131
Captcha:
Tribe Changes:136
Ninja Turtles:
Tribe Changes:285
[/spoil]

People have always posted these types of stats as if to say a tribe that recruits/mergers is somehow weaker then the ones that dont do that... which is a complete false hood, usually used to offset other bad stats with in the tribe posting this junk. i can post several smaller tribes in this world with much lower tribe changes then any of the top 5 tribes but there relevance or ability to win the world is extremely low. ultimately what happens as shown in Captcha is inactive strikes and you disband unless you bring in new players... other then that this stat shows very little...

If Cruel hadn't stepped into save Turtle from 800813 slaughtering them,

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: Turtle, Ninja
Side 2:
Tribes: 800813

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 280
Side 2: 141
Difference: 139

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 2,609,425
Side 2: 1,231,895
Difference: 1,377,530

chart

[/spoil]

Bit of an over statement... the war in the beginning consisted of captcha hitting inactives and weak players from core... once they got to real players like loc, messy, or noobs there efforts were met with little to no gains whats so ever...

And if Turtle didn't have a seemingly endless supply of noobs to recruit,

I like that when turtle recruits or brings up players from the academy there noobs but when mayhem recruits skype left overs there top notch or captcha and selfie.... lmao Hippocrates at its finest.

then Turtle certainly wouldn't be where it is today. I imagine 800813 would have done a lot of damage to Turtle's core.

Woulda coulda should of... blah blah blah...

Sadly however, once Cruel declared in a surprise move against 800813,

This right here shows the issue with captcha... some great players with no real leadership... if you had leadership or really just someone leading at all it would have been perfectly clear that the longest standing alliance on w72 would fight each others war targets... that is just one of the most short sided things ive heard in this game. especially seeing that turtle and captcha have a very tiny board in comparison to Turtle/Mayhem or Cruel/Captcha... to think Cruel wouldnt attack you guys is just funny... Cruel didnt save turtle they definitely helped the players down there and are one of the best allies ive seen in this game and xmen one of the best leaders ive gotten a chance to know. but if you think cruel attacking captcha was saving turtle then the same could be said about Mayhem taking over the war from captcha against turtle when cruel did start attacks as mayhem have done far more in this war then captcha have... which by the way was expected on our side... #foresight

but their war stats (war rankings) are great, at a 6.9 ratio,

Lmao if that is what you are using to gauge all this then you really are deluded... in game war stat ratio is so lopsided... Mayhem have only warred what 2-3 tribes and one of them have allied to them now and work with them against turtle so will say 2 to be fair, lol... Turtle is one of the oldest tribes in the world and has been in countless wars the entire time... which is to say they declare in game which other tribes dont... but keep thinking that means anything... a perfect example is selfie look at there ratio... by your logic there the elite of the elite of this world.

If turtle members disagree with me, I do encourage you guys to prove me wrong and to prove that you guys actually deserve your rank, but not with words. Rather, prove me wrong with war caps, ODA, coordination, and activity.

uhmmm

Turtle: 8845 caps, 537,068,244 ODA
Cruel: 10426 caps, 413,187,735 ODA
Mayhem: 6733 caps, 258,235,349 ODA
Captcha: 7634 caps, 264,229,179 ODA
EIN: 3319 caps, 55,568,905 ODA

We have also been in the top 2-3 nobling every week for the last year so obviously were active and working and our tribal setup has allowed us to do so...

In a way, you can see this is both positive and negative criticism. You can take what I've said and argue with me, or you can try to improve yourselves and do better.

This has to be one of the most condescending comments ive seen in these forums to date... improve yourselves... geez. perhaps you should just focus on improving your own tribe rather then coming here to attempt and fail to criticize others... just saying...

I'm sure other players will comment on my statements, especially the external Turtle trolls

because we dont agree with you or your opinions and turtle is the most active tribe in the externals makes us trollz?

this world just shows how player skill has deteriorated over the years.

Ive seen you make this comment so many times if you dont like the state of the game then dont play... stop living in the past!

Any top tribe on this world would get crushed by most half decent tribes

Ive been playing this game since W4 and yes have been in tribes with more active and skillled players then exists on this world but almost none of them last to end game... the best players tend to enjoy start up then move on after a year, two tops...

Sure, the top tribes might have 5-10 good players each, but this world is pretty much going to come down to who can continue to log in for the longest amount of time.

This is over simplified however in my experience this is the case for all end game tribes and worlds.

Asylum Escapee

Very interesting points, however, since this morning my stance on the matter has changed and I no longer care to defend my original viewpoint. If you'd known me long enough, you'd realize that the lack of flowery metaphors in my post meant that I just felt like spewing out a steaming pile of text onto the forums for no real reason other than to exercise my typing fingers.

Much like a politician in the face of revolutionary social change, I have amended my stance on the issue as to better reflect the mood of everyone, and usher in a new period of levelheaded discussion on these forums. You will find that my original post now reflects this new, more positive outlook on world 72 and life in general. I thank you for imparting your wisdom to me, and through me, to future generations of TW players.