Argument Quality on This World

DeletedUser

I would like to start this post by first acknowledging the fact that I know that I do not play this world. This is just an outside perspective that I think should be said now. Flame me if you must, but please read the entire post before considering doing so.

I have been reading these forums with great interest since the beginning of the R.L. v 1ns4n3 war, mainly because of how the world was split up into four quadrants that were all at war. That is something I had never seen before in all my years playing here, and I wanted to see how it played out.

Now, I have noticed one thing throughout the duration of this period, and that is that few (if any) of you play on other worlds. There is a reason that so few of you guys don't play other worlds as well: you would get eaten alive with every argument you tried to make.

I tried to make a point earlier in the war thread that the fact that no one person can decide if a person's opinion matters or not, but it was met with the usual moronic reply of, "nobody cares what you think." Ironically, that was the type of response I was targetting with my post.

This world started out well, but lately the post quality of users on this world is embarrassing to all of Tribal Wars to say the least.

You have the trolls, who spice up the conversation, but on this world, they are way to dumb to carry on an argument.

You also have your pseudo-intelligent posters, the ones that try to sound intelligent but really just look up every single word over 8 letters that they post in the thesaurus. On this world, they don't even maintain their "intelligence," they just allow themselves to be drawn down to the intelligence level of the trolls. Then, as if by magic, they regain their "intelligence" and the cycle of idiocy repeats.

What this world does not have, is an intelligent poster that actually ignores the stupidity of the trolls, and argues the pseudo-intelligent posters on their bullshit and sense of authority/entitlement, putting them in their place.

What these people do not understand, is that it does not matter if someone does not play this world, an opinion is still entitled, and if it is not agreed with, argue the opinion, not the fact that they do not play the world. THAT is what a real poster would do, because saying, "hey, you don't play this world, you can't talk," is immature and just doesn't cut it.

Now go ahead, flame away, but please just try and keep it intelligent, as you will not get a reaction out of me and I will not be posting here again. I sure hope that the argument quality here increases and makes for an enjoyable read.

Shadow.

DeletedUser

few (if any) of you play on other worlds. There is a reason that so few of you guys don't play other worlds as well: you would get eaten alive with every argument you tried to make.

Yes, you hit the nail on the head here!!

DeletedUser

I play other worlds!

or rather have played etc W14 i wouldn't class it as an easy world, and have played W13 in the start of it before the founding of INSO2

fact is W37 has little left, and you can all say what you like i was ASCEND in the very start then pRo then back into ASCEND we did what we set out to limited numbers in a mass recruit world and made it to rank 1, its all gone now but we have little else to prove!

good luck to those who remain

DeletedUser

jabble, I don't think that was the point he was trying to make.

Stotty2009

Now, I have noticed one thing throughout the duration of this period, and that is that few (if any) of you play on other worlds. There is a reason that so few of you guys don't play other worlds as well: you would get eaten alive with every argument you tried to make.

Are you assuming that or saying that from experience?
--------------
So your telling us how to argue on the externals when you have made 5 posts since you have started this forum account?

DeletedUser

I tried to make a point earlier in the war thread that the fact that no one person can decide if a person's opinion matters or not, but it was met with the usual moronic reply of, "nobody cares what you think."

Thank you Stotty for proving my point, and instead of carefully reading and arguing the main point of the thread, attacking my credibility as a first argument.

This is why the posting quality here is horrible.

DeletedUser

Thank you Stotty for proving my point, and instead of carefully reading and arguing the main point of the thread, attacking my credibility as a first argument.

yet you always come back you make it sound like. maybe you like to believe you make a good argument, but you really dont. You can say no one here has played other world but is twstats your reference because alot of people here played past worlds with high ranks like Cat, Elementelite, Jabble, and myself( i guarantee im missing people).

Stotty2009

Thank you Algor1thm, for proving you don't understand what a question is :S
Simple question, needs a simple answer, in your post you didn't post a question so there was nothing to answer to, all I was doing was reading between the lines and your either calling us all thick ...

There is a reason that so few of you guys don't play other worlds as well: you would get eaten alive with every argument you tried to make.

Yes because everyone who plays TW, does post on the externals \ sarcasm

I think most people have the same reason as me here, as playing too many worlds at the same time is very time consuming and affects performance in both worlds as well as in RL (Real World not the tribe), if you have lots of time, sure play more than 1 world, but when you don't have much free time, you can only just manage 1 world.

Also interesting how you didn't reply back to my other comment.

DeletedUser

I would like to start this post by first acknowledging the fact that I know that I do not play this world. This is just an outside perspective that I think should be said now.

Yeah, you are probably right about the fact that you don't play this world but I have a nagging feeling that you once did or you have good friends who play/used to play on this world?

And I enjoyed your classification of the types of posters on W37 forums. Pretty entertaining. But you left one group out, why? I'm referring to the brain damaged morons who were once so common here. Tbh, I miss them but I don't know if they feel the same way about me, though?

I don't totally agree or disagree with your post but also believe that your post is not totally unconnected with the happenings between the tribes in W37. Meaning, I doubt that this post is solely concerned with the quality of the posts on the W37 public forums:icon_razz:

PS. Btw, you know there are amazing things happening with W37 right? Ascend is almost crushed and many of their top people have deleted their accounts:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

because alot of people here played past worlds with high ranks like Cat, Elementelite, Jabble, and myself( i guarantee im missing people).
I did not say past worlds. What I mean by "other worlds" is the newer worlds. I stated why I come back in the second paragraph.

Thank you Algor1thm, for proving you don't understand what a question is :S
Simple question, needs a simple answer, in your post you didn't post a question so there was nothing to answer to, all I was doing was reading between the lines and your either calling us all thick ...
This is not an argument.

Yeah, you are probably right about the fact that you don't play this world but I have a nagging feeling that you once did or you have good friends who play/used to play on this world?

And I enjoyed your classification of the types of posters on W37 forums. Pretty entertaining. But you left one group out, why? I'm referring to the brain damaged morons who were once so common here. Tbh, I miss them but I don't know if they feel the same way about me, though?

I don't totally agree or disagree with your post but also believe that your post is not totally unconnected with the happenings between the tribes in W37. Meaning, I doubt that this post is solely concerned with the quality of the posts on the W37 public forums:icon_razz:

PS. Btw, you know there are amazing things happening with W37 right? Ascend is almost crushed and many of their top people have deleted their accounts:icon_biggrin:
Thank you, for finally giving an insightful opinion, therefore creating an argument!

I must have come after the "brain-damaged morons" had left. I did see kev, and I know you were always opposed to his views. Perhaps that is who you are referring to? If so, I thought he was a great poster, and I enjoyed reading the arguments between you both.

Yes, I did have a friend who played here, in R.L., and that is who drew me to the fact that this world was practically split into 4 quadrants.

Yes, I have seen that most of their players have been deleting their accounts. It is not what I expected. I expected the smaller, more "elite" tribe to be able to defeat and conquer them all. But I did not expect a merge by 1ns4n3, which, with their alliance with ~SA~, put ASCEND against amazing odds.

The fact that ASCEND lost is not surprising, however I did not think they would mass-delete. All I can hope for is that they reform on a newer world. That would be exciting to see how they do there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Na, Kev wasn't/isn't one of them. His drawings are lousy though:)

DeletedUser

Na, Kev wasn't/isn't one of them. His drawings are lousy though:)

Haha lousy, yes, but they were funny and served a purpose in being a good PnP tool that was easy for everyone to understand, including those bad with English.

Perhaps you did not like them because in every single one you were somehow being anally raped :icon_razz:

Who WERE the morons you were referring to? Were they around the time of kev or more current?

duel pasta

If the posts from this world aren't intelligent enough for you why don't you go to a more interesting worlds forum and post there?

edit:

Did you lie to everyone on your very first post?

Exactly what I was thinking

DeletedUser

You two are definitely not paying attention to the main point of the original post. What I think he's trying to say that there is a lack of actual ability to argue a point without someone responding stupidly, going off topic and making ridiculous statements, and practically no one replying with intelligence and an actual ability to argue their point with valid facts to back them up.

DeletedUser

You two are definitely not paying attention to the main point of the original post. What I think he's trying to say that there is a lack of actual ability to argue a point without someone responding stupidly, going off topic and making ridiculous statements, and practically no one replying with intelligence and an actual ability to argue their point with valid facts to back them up.

Thank you MESIBA.

To the other two, if you care to actually read the first part of that sentence, you will see that in fact, it is possible that two parts of a sentence can be codependent on eachother to function, otherwise it is just taken out of context, just like you did, doggie.

Duel pasta, you obviously did not read the second paragraph of my first post. I would suggest going back and doing that.

To the both of you, skimming is not a good idea if you are trying to flame someone properly.

MESIBA actually read my post, and summed it up perfectly.

DeletedUser

Well Algor1thm, i found it an interesting concept -

I'm assuming, from what you say - that you are active on other world's forums..either current or past -

and if this basic premise on my part is correct - it's fair to say you are experienced how the forums usually work?

On that basis then - i'd like to throw a question back at you - if i may?

Could you perhaps post - copy and paste - or link - an example of what you consider Good posting ..or arguments - from another world?

So that we can judge, what the criteria is for Good posting/argument as you view it?

I'd say that was a fair request - if you really wish to have this debate - wouldn't you? :)

One thing that suprised me though - was the 4 quadrants thing - it's not unusual ..or was it that all 4 quads were at war?

Best Blue :)

DeletedUser

I'd like to think I'm not an unknown commidty.

I've played lots of worlds, from 8,13, 16, 18, 21, 25, 27,28, 36, 37 - and most importantly - HP.

We can't help the quality of posting here mate - and I think ASCENDS PNP had an influence on this post. I too believe PNP has regressed over the years. But, newer worlds? Maybe the first few weeks are exciting, other than that.... it's the same. You gotta remember, at one point, this was one of those newer worlds. But after time, the quality of posting usually regresses.

But in the last few weeks here, I think the posters have represented this world poorly. Too many trolls.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd like to think I'm not an unknown commidty.

I've played lots of worlds, from 8,13, 16, 18, 21, 25, 27,28, 36, 37 - and most importantly - HP.

We can't help the quality of posting here mate - and I think ASCENDS PNP had an influence on this post. I too believe PNP has regressed over the years. But, newer worlds? Maybe the first few weeks are exciting, other than that.... it's the same. You gotta remember, at one point, this was one of those newer worlds. But after time, the quality of posting usually regresses.

But in the last few weeks here, I think the posters have represented this world poorly. Too many trolls.

I agree that the first weeks are exciting, yes, because that is when some of the worst and best PnP comes out.

I also agree that on those worlds that the PnP worsens over time and lacks enthusiasm. However, this world has digressed the worst of any I have seen, and that is the point I am trying to make.

You cannot specifically mention one tribe or poster, because the PnP that I have seen from 1ns4n3 is just as bad. Sure, it does not sound as immature, but telling someone that their opinion does not matter is immature in its own way.

Doing so reflects the inability to carry on an argument. Instead of lowering yourself to their level, as I said in my first post, you should either just ignore them, or argue their post, telling them why they are wrong and not why they cannot post.

You started off well arguing the points with fact-based statements, however it was only a matter of time before you lowered yourself to the level of the opposing posters.

blueyedsandwalker, I would be happy to link you to a few arguments that I consider to be good arguments. There will be flaws in them, yes, but for the most part they are acceptable.

DeletedUser

Stick around,

maybe if we get a better quality of poster to argue against those like myself may be tempted to post more on the politics of the current world

Sadly arguing against some of the current crop is how can I put it delicately ?

Like banging your head against a brick wall.

Its just a shame that when one posts solid hard facts to prove ones point the poster your arguing against so often overlooks it.

Net result is the best debaters just dont bother. Some folk will believe the earth is flat no matter what you do