armada is so very funny

DeletedUser

i would like you all to be entertained like i was. i got a mail yesterday, and skyped :p armada wants a merge :p as iff right? anyway me and my duke played around with the armada duke today :p we made him very mad so now our whole tribe has mass fakes coming at us :p even through we had no intention of merging with them :p i find it very amusing... so here you go for your reading plesure. now the skype might make me look bad but i dont care ist funny :p

[spoil]hyunwoong on 10.07. at 23:18
I was discussing about Lights with our leader Rotan.

We had to agree merging wouldnt be a bad idea because just like you said we will be quite undefeatable with both side's members.

+ we started accepting "outside" members now and probably your members are way better than most our applicants. (we accepted 4 players so far who actually proved their fighting skills against us)

We came here to raise our ARMADA reputation just like how we did in other servers, so unfortunately joining your tribe would not work for us :(

but if you agree to merge us, Rotan said he will be glad to make room for all of your members.

I guess that means we will withdraw and find another place for our growing K75 and K57 small players. just like you advice us.

I dont think our merge would slow down our growth either because your tribe is more concentrated in K56 and we are more concentrated in K55.

and we will leave all K56 diplomatic issues to your leadership so you can get rid of all useless diplomatic relation against us and start the domination.

I'd like to hear your thoughts and if you think it works for your people maybe you can discuss with leadership.

+ your players must have some stereotype towards our members but I can guarantee we have most active players in this world. and our original ARMADA players are speed server champion in international round.

thanks
hyunwoong
[/spoil]

[SPOIL]we played around on skype a bit :p acted like we would go for it then it turned hostile, a bit dense of me too put on the externals[/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100696

I only read about 1/5 of the Skype conversation. Isn't it usually frowned upon to consider merging to end a war? That really isn't what I'd like to see. Duke it out. See who is actually top dog.

DeletedUser

why is it that whenever armada gets mad they tend to need to try and make someone else mad?

king dalt555

Why is it that ARMADA think they can gain respect on this server with 150 members?

DeletedUser

Why is it that ARMADA think they can gain respect on this server with 150 members?

There are reasons to not respect a tribe, but defying .net conventions on what a tribe should be is not one of them.

You may not like them because they have a lot of members, but I think it may be foolish to count them out or write them off because of it.

DeletedUser

i would like you all to be entertained like i was. i got a mail yesterday, and skyped :p armada wants a merge :p as iff right? anyway me and my duke played around with the armada duke today :p we made him very mad so now our whole tribe has mass fakes coming at us :p i find it very amusing... so here you go for your reading plesure. now the skype might make me look bad but i dont care ist funny :p

I took the time to read most of this.
Protip: This conversation was in need of an editor, at least to highlight the important areas in order to make some point.

Some observations of mine:
1. I'm shocked that Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight- and miwok, who I presume are leaders of Light, were not aware that players who share a (non-english speaking) nationality usually share information between themselves regardless of tribal affiliation. This should be common knowledge for dukes of any self respecting tribe. Information sharing is apart of the game, instead of worrying about winning based on 'merit', perhaps you may look to tap resources you may have been overlooking.

2. Light's attempt to get hyunwoong to self incriminate was obvious to say the least.

Now, the conversation between the two sides started off alright. It appeared as if Light were considering it until issue of leadership structure and tribe tag was brought up.

Looking to merge with respected enemies I can understand. Some of the best friends I've had while playing TW were once my enemies. But I can see why hyunwoong recanted the idea after about 30min. Infact it appears miwok is attempting to make a case for equal sharing of power while hyunwoong continues to tell him no.
[spoil][3:30:12 PM] miwok: we have 2 dukes and 4 barons would they keep privs?
[3:30:19 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: and
[3:30:32 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: we would have to change the name from ARMADA to something else
[3:30:38 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: if we go ahead that is
[3:30:42 PM] hyunwoong: well
[3:30:43 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: :p
[3:30:59 PM] hyunwoong: never mind then
[3:31:14 PM] hyunwoong: our team came here to raise our reputation in this world
[3:31:23 PM] hyunwoong: thats the whole purpose of we came here
[3:31:26 PM] hyunwoong: if you say so
[3:31:29 PM] hyunwoong: no merge i would say
[3:31:33 PM] miwok: so we lose our identy and you keep ours
[3:31:38 PM] miwok: not very fair
[3:31:45 PM] hyunwoong: well
[3:31:50 PM] miwok: we havnt lost
[3:31:50 PM] hyunwoong: we were trying to easy way
[3:31:53 PM] hyunwoong: but seriously
[3:31:56 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: yea plus we haven't got anything to do with ARMADA tag
[3:31:58 PM] miwok: infact dont we hav e the better war stats?
[3:32:04 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: (think)
[3:32:26 PM] miwok: no ones lost no ones won
[3:32:32 PM] miwok: so terms should be equal and fair
[3:32:38 PM] hyunwoong: lets just say no
[3:32:39 PM] miwok: not one sided to make you get more credit
[3:32:49 PM] hyunwoong: lets just forget about merge
[3:33:06 PM] miwok: why becuase your to proud and vain for a name change as simple as it is?[/spoil]

After that, the Light (specifically miwok) started to look very immature with messages like these:

[spoil]
miwok: you are nother but a tribe that super recruited
miwok: if your so pro go back to the asian sevrers you brag about
miwok: i didnt know the koreans would sell out koreans for russia or china
miwok: oobviusly you did poor and you come here
miwok: but you lack the skills
miwok: so you sold out your own nation for another.... just like you have people sell out there tribes for yours? and you feel bad for leaving for another but felt you had to for what ever reason.... so in defence your ulta national on an online game :p and you make a rascist tribe for bulk of asians only as you have admitted.... this is directly against .net rules and your entire tribe can be banned.... so we dont have tooo beat you :p we can just report you :p[/spoil]

Who is this PnP thread supposed to be against anyways?

DeletedUser

There are reasons to not respect a tribe, but defying .net conventions on what a tribe should be is not one of them.

You may not like them because they have a lot of members, but I think it may be foolish to count them out or write them off because of it.

writing off a big tribe is foolish. respect however has to be earned.
ARMADA are recuiting members and burning through them. using mass numbers. I can't respect that.:icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

hey Illumi although we are enemy right now, I was expecting some respect and mature in our conversation.

What I was really mad at and made me telling you "lets forget about it" was Guiding Light's attitude. Full of Jealous and Doubts and no respect at all. he is the most rude person I ever talk to in this game so far. I would have punch him if he was right next to me in Real Life.

I really see no point of merging because no matter how awesome players you have, there is no trust or faith between us.

+ I was quite surprised at another side of you yesterday. I still think you are a good player but learn to be respectful first.

I am sorry if you felt that I didnt respect your tribe much but seriously we came here for our own purpose

and there is something we cannot 100% give up !

We play this world very seriously but W57 is not going to be our only world.

I hope everyone knows team ARMADA's original format isnt mass recruit tribe but this is some kind of experiment our leadership want to give it a try in a new world !!

If same story goes on and goes on, I think that would be really boring, isnt it? Our leadership is testing various ways to see which works the best to dominate the world. full of challenging mind i guess.

well Have fun in the game.

I am disappointed at you Illumi because I thought you are so much better and mature person than this.

DeletedUser

I agree with MechanicalTurk (and his analysis). This thread makes Light look far worse than Armada.

Sure, they proposed a merge. -1 to Armada.
They then withdrew the offer when they saw Light's apparent immaturity. +1

Light are interested in the merge and try to strike a deal. -1
Light become bitter and desperate, resorting to insults when Armada withdraw the offer (solidifying the point of view that Light wanted the merge) -1
Light begin attacking the nationality/real life decisions of hyun. -1
Light use banning as a threat in an attempt to get their own way. -1

Light - -4
Armada - 0

...Yeah, Light look far worse here than Armada. Another example of posting incompetency from Light. Can't say I'm surprised.

DeletedUser

writing off a big tribe is foolish. respect however has to be earned.
ARMADA are recuiting members and burning through them. using mass numbers. I can't respect that.:icon_neutral:

I see your point. I don't play in w57, so please understand my opinion is that of an outsider.

However it is my impression that Armada's goal is to win. While I may personally disagree with their methods of doing so; I typically prefer leading or being in smaller sized tribes that place a greater value on the people in it. I prefer long-term and mutually beneficial diplomacy as well, not diplomacy based on short term need (like what their alliance with Azura appeared to be).

Though when I think of situations like these in TW, I often relate them to the business world, as I think there are a lot of parallels.

I liken ARMADA to Walmart in some ways.

I really dislike Walmart. They have shady business practices (dictating price to suppliers), they do not really value their employees (at least not the female ones), and they use their size advantage to crush competition. I do not like Walmart, but you have to respect them as a business because at the moment they are the best at what they do, regardless of your opinion of them.

In many ways there are a lot of things I dislike about Armada, because I'm from the typical .net background that romanticizes the idea of highly skilled, tight nit group of players overcoming almost insurmountable odds. It sounds cool, and when you win you'll be recognized as doing something truly incredible.

But this is not the reality here. Armada is not playing by these conventions. They are playing to win, and it appears to be at almost any costs. Attempting to discredit them in the forums by displaying their unfair advantage will do little to change this. Public opinion will not change your situation here. Neither will bravado.

I think it may be time to adjust your game plan here. But then again, I'm just an outsider so I could be wrong... then again, I've made this same mistake twice in the past. I'd like to believe I'm good at recognizing it by now.

edit:
For those unfamiliar with Walmart.

DeletedUser

I took the time to read most of this.
Protip: This conversation was in need of an editor, at least to highlight the important areas in order to make some point.

Some observations of mine:
1. I'm shocked that Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight- and miwok, who I presume are leaders of Light, were not aware that players who share a (non-english speaking) nationality usually share information between themselves regardless of tribal affiliation. This should be common knowledge for dukes of any self respecting tribe. Information sharing is apart of the game, instead of worrying about winning based on 'merit', perhaps you may look to tap resources you may have been overlooking.

2. Light's attempt to get hyunwoong to self incriminate was obvious to say the least.

Now, the conversation between the two sides started off alright. It appeared as if Light were considering it until issue of leadership structure and tribe tag was brought up.

Looking to merge with respected enemies I can understand. Some of the best friends I've had while playing TW were once my enemies. But I can see why hyunwoong recanted the idea after about 30min. Infact it appears miwok is attempting to make a case for equal sharing of power while hyunwoong continues to tell him no.
[spoil][3:30:12 PM] miwok: we have 2 dukes and 4 barons would they keep privs?
[3:30:19 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: and
[3:30:32 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: we would have to change the name from ARMADA to something else
[3:30:38 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: if we go ahead that is
[3:30:42 PM] hyunwoong: well
[3:30:43 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: :p
[3:30:59 PM] hyunwoong: never mind then
[3:31:14 PM] hyunwoong: our team came here to raise our reputation in this world
[3:31:23 PM] hyunwoong: thats the whole purpose of we came here
[3:31:26 PM] hyunwoong: if you say so
[3:31:29 PM] hyunwoong: no merge i would say
[3:31:33 PM] miwok: so we lose our identy and you keep ours
[3:31:38 PM] miwok: not very fair
[3:31:45 PM] hyunwoong: well
[3:31:50 PM] miwok: we havnt lost
[3:31:50 PM] hyunwoong: we were trying to easy way
[3:31:53 PM] hyunwoong: but seriously
[3:31:56 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: yea plus we haven't got anything to do with ARMADA tag
[3:31:58 PM] miwok: infact dont we hav e the better war stats?
[3:32:04 PM] Jag/Sh@dey/Pawelk83pl/-GuidingLight-: (think)
[3:32:26 PM] miwok: no ones lost no ones won
[3:32:32 PM] miwok: so terms should be equal and fair
[3:32:38 PM] hyunwoong: lets just say no
[3:32:39 PM] miwok: not one sided to make you get more credit
[3:32:49 PM] hyunwoong: lets just forget about merge
[3:33:06 PM] miwok: why becuase your to proud and vain for a name change as simple as it is?[/spoil]

After that, the Light (specifically miwok) started to look very immature with messages like these:

[spoil]
miwok: you are nother but a tribe that super recruited
miwok: if your so pro go back to the asian sevrers you brag about
miwok: i didnt know the koreans would sell out koreans for russia or china
miwok: oobviusly you did poor and you come here
miwok: but you lack the skills
miwok: so you sold out your own nation for another.... just like you have people sell out there tribes for yours? and you feel bad for leaving for another but felt you had to for what ever reason.... so in defence your ulta national on an online game :p and you make a rascist tribe for bulk of asians only as you have admitted.... this is directly against .net rules and your entire tribe can be banned.... so we dont have tooo beat you :p we can just report you :p[/spoil]

Who is this PnP thread supposed to be against anyways?

Miwok isn't a Duke of Lights, but the other guy is. :)

This was just supposed to be a fun chat and not even to be posted on forums but meh :)

Yea we are very much aware of the non-english speaking connection. Miwok was just trying to rile up Hyun if you haven't noticed. As far as you understand about merging with respected enemies, It's rather cowardly to propose it on the first sign of trouble. Yea ofcourse we were trying to get them to self incriminate :icon_razz: It's a common sight that Armada people(read internal farms) when catted down don't restart until you cat one of their mines down. They don't build anything else, still all resources get used up somewhere *despite not having barracks, stables or workshop*. So yea I asked Hyun about it and I guess that's what he found rude since i hardly spoke at all in the chat. :)

DeletedUser

Have to cat the market to stop them shipping resources away.

DeletedUser

you guys are just jealous our players growing so fast man.

like I said earlier on other topic, all you guys do is assuming , predicting and believe in what you believe in.

At least we are so much honourable than you (Someone who always asking for supports from 3rd party)

Recruiting players because they have "bonfire",

I have seen two times , you guys fooled some random guys to take the first nuke hits before your players' noble train.

I guess its all part of this game huh?

your playing style just disgust me and we have some culture shock towards your playing style.

DeletedUser96328

At least we are so much honourable than you (Someone who always asking for supports from 3rd party)

your playing style just disgust me and we have some culture shock towards your playing style.

I find this bit particularly funny. How about breaking NAPs less than 12 h after being made official? Much honour in that, heh? :icon_eek: Don't try to play that card when you have a blind hand.

DeletedUser

[3:18:51 PM] miwok: my co is filipino

yey, hope I could meet him :)

@Topic:
whew, long skype conversation to read but I managed to finish it.:icon_eek: