army

DeletedUser

Interesting conversation we got going..

It shows how much skill a player has by posting here and how he understand it.

Blackbird its not trolling, but that is a skill also as it requires subtle touch to get the right info in the forums.

Edward is right by talking to neighbors you could use it....But depending of course the the neighbors are skilled and are good listeners.

Warham is offense minded but if you get attacked in your situation by a coordinated group it will be trouble.

So its not all about troop counts, village builds, simple skills....Well thats my opinion..LOL*

Secret Agent Barbie Understands quite well, but in the long run she will learn more.

So survival of a player less skill is nearly nill...Even with troops..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In the end there is not set formula to success, build this and this then attack this and you'll be rank 1. All there is, is a general idea that has to be changed to fit a players exact situation. Someone can come on here after being rank 1 and tell me their start up method and I would still not follow it. A good player should be able to adapt to a situation and that's what start up is all about, adapting to the situation you are put in.

DeletedUser97654

personally in a church world i think pa's and mailing locals are pointless all they do is inhibit your growth, the best thing is to not waste time in a tribe with bad leadership who try to go to war far to early :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

In the end there is not set formula to success, build this and this then attack this and you'll be rank 1. All there is, is a general idea that has to be changed to fit a players exact situation. Someone can come on here after being rank 1 and tell me their start up method and I would still not follow it. A good player should be able to adapt to a situation and that's what start up is all about, adapting to the situation you are put in.

+1

personally in a church world i think pa's and mailing locals are pointless all they do is inhibit your growth, the best thing is to not waste time in a tribe with bad leadership who try to go to war far to early :icon_rolleyes:

+1:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Like you said, in church world people are more aggressive to their direct neighbors which will increase the likelihood of yourself being attacked. If you have any good players in your area, they will spot the threats and try to remove them. Yes, to play the diplomacy card you need a certain amount of skill, but I'd rather be a player with moderate ability and able to speak to people and get them to do what you want than just be pure skill.

If 5 good players gang up on you early world such as 3-5 villages. Even if they all have one village each, no matter how much skill you have, without a tribe or local players helping you out, you'll get nobled/catted eventually. Backtiming and sniping don't last forever. So being able to twist players around your needs/whatever you want to call it, in a church world diplomacy is needed as much as any other worlds. There will always be people plotting to gang up on the high risk players, you just need to get friendly with players who look moderate before they start such plots.

And who knows? Maybe you'll meet someone who is worth the effort to talk to outside of YOUR needs :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser97654

well, the likely hood of 4 or 5 players being good local to each other then teaming up is remote imo as they will unless pas from previous worlds fight each other as they will want the farms and space, also if they are all local to each other and are growing fast then they cant be farming as much as if they were all soloing imo

DeletedUser

well, the likely hood of 4 or 5 players being good local to each other then teaming up is remote imo as they will unless pas from previous worlds fight each other as they will want the farms and space, also if they are all local to each other and are growing fast then they cant be farming as much as if they were all soloing imo

Remember I am speaking of you getting to about 5 vills. Unless you can find 5 good villages in your church area at start up (which has never happened for me), you will be quite spread out which means a broader area for these players to be spread.

And either way diplomacy will be essential to saving needless casualties of your troops dealing with minor threats. Sure skill is way more important, but diplomacy is always needed somewhere in startup, unless your on the rim which is usually populated by inactives. :icon_rolleyes:

All I'm getting too is, play however you wish but don't neglect players around you. They may save your life. Especially if your going with offense which is the quickest way to grow.

DeletedUser97654

Remember I am speaking of you getting to about 5 vills. Unless you can find 5 good villages in your church area at start up (which has never happened for me), you will be quite spread out which means a broader area for these players to be spread.

And either way diplomacy will be essential to saving needless casualties of your troops dealing with minor threats. Sure skill is way more important, but diplomacy is always needed somewhere in startup, unless your on the rim which is usually populated by inactives. :icon_rolleyes:

personally i just allow certain players to grow to certain sizes if you kill everyone to soon you get no decent villas to noble or even farm lol, i also watch them to see who farms and who turtles :)

remove the turtles allow the farmers to farm and grow just make sure you hit the noble train first and then it doesnt matter how good they are if you farm the most you can afford multiple nobles when they cant even get a single one

DeletedUser

Sorry Mr Lanky for that C...mea culpa :)

Maker73,there is always room 4 learn more in every game...just hope that u didnt meant that I need to learn that first vill need to be mixed...lol (no offence to you I just have dif. opinion)

Pactli stop to lie ppl...you are way to nice for kill em all option :p

Jimmy...i think you know how I feel about anyone in my CZ :D

Edward,I wont say that I disagree with you,you are right...if u have few decent players in your area and if they all go against u...you wont be able to defend yourself forever...but when I started this world was whole tribe around me and my co was 2 K away...they tryed,but I am still here and they are gone.

So

As Mr.Lanky said is all about situation and your ability to adapt....and I would say + lil luck.

DeletedUser97654

lol i know what you mean, but the tribes that surrounded us were ubbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr noob :icon_rolleyes:

its not an exact science thats for sure its a fair bit of luck and timing and having no life for the start up times

DeletedUser62954

going mixed with your first village is only for noobs like <insert name here>. its better to go all offense on your first village. if your active enough. you wont have to worry about defending yourself because you would have cleared all potential threats anyway.

DeletedUser

Sorry Mr Lanky for that C...mea culpa :)

Maker73,there is always room 4 learn more in every game...just hope that u didnt meant that I need to learn that first vill need to be mixed...lol (no offence to you I just have dif. opinion)

Pactli stop to lie ppl...you are way to nice for kill em all option :p

Jimmy...i think you know how I feel about anyone in my CZ :D

Edward,I wont say that I disagree with you,you are right...if u have few decent players in your area and if they all go against u...you wont be able to defend yourself forever...but when I started this world was whole tribe around me and my co was 2 K away...they tryed,but I am still here and they are gone.

So

As Mr.Lanky said is all about situation and your ability to adapt....and I would say + lil luck.

Seems everybody misunderstood me here. In building a village you will always build paladin then spears( we all know why we do this because of farming)...Now if your going offensive the next troops you build are scouts and LC....

Doing that makes it a mixed village..

Some players leave it like that till they get their next village. If your a player who go offensive and bactime attacks and snipe you will leave around some Defenses to use for snipping.. I could explain in detail and many would disagree but the defnding skill I think is more important than the offensive skill..

Survival and adapting to certain situations ( in the first month) is more important in my opinion..You cant have a strict Offensive when your 1pt or 1.7 pts surely your mixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Interesting conversation we got going..

It shows how much skill a player has by posting here and how he understand it.

Blackbird its not trolling, but that is a skill also as it requires subtle touch to get the right info in the forums.

Edward is right by talking to neighbors you could use it....But depending of course the the neighbors are skilled and are good listeners.

Warham is offense minded but if you get attacked in your situation by a coordinated group it will be trouble.

So its not all about troop counts, village builds, simple skills....Well thats my opinion..LOL*

Secret Agent Barbie Understands quite well, but in the long run she will learn more.

So survival of a player less skill is nearly nill...Even with troops..

I said in my second village I went for a HC strategy for a while, that means defense and offense in the same village. It's the only type of mixed village that isn't frowned upon in TW, and it's pretty defensive when you compare with other experienced players these days.

And survival of a player with less skill is nearly nill? If a skilled player is not super active, he can still get cleared overnight if he's offensive, unless he sends his troops out every single night.

I think a lot of players are forgetting a factor that is also quite important here: Luck. As good as you are, you can always run into some bad luck.