Artgame

troyktdapus

So how did he get to 1 million resources so fast I want to know because I put a lot of time into farming and have not come up that fruitful

Last edited:

Muldie325

It's a she. She has only been farming player villages since the end of BP, so not only is she killing off any farming competition in her area, but the nearby players are unlikely to be focusing on farming the same players as her, so she has quite efficient farming. This has snowballed in her favour - allowed her to build much higher hq/rax/stable than other players and stay ahead in troops, kill more players, get more farms and so on.

DeletedUser

If she started cleaning players since bp end, would it mean that she went for axemen before going for lc or did she just have such a good location, that she could get lc quick and still be able to build enough axemen to clear players?

Muldie325

She had 120 axemen before LC and she had LC before BP ended.

Rank 1 Is Standard

If she started cleaning players since bp end, would it mean that she went for axemen before going for lc or did she just have such a good location, that she could get lc quick and still be able to build enough axemen to clear players?

Was first to lc(had like 30 lc by the time another player got lcs) plus had more axes than anyone in the world when BP ended. All of this without being very familiar with the quests.

DeletedUser

The quests are like a TW narcotic that promise you resources for a really inefficient startup

DeletedUser

The location has to be perfect to be able to get 120 axemen and still be the first one to get lc first :0

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 4669627

rank 1 in points and oda both just 1.5 weeks in with no sign of stopping :icon_eek:

good thing i did not land by her, all i need to worry about is tang/common/two./nogirls/puzzle/satmux (have you all decided on a name yet?) :icon_rolleyes:

anyway, artfully played :icon_wink:

Muldie325

The location has to be perfect to be able to get 120 axemen and still be the first one to get lc first :0

Having axes rather than swords means you can microfarm more effectively with groups of 1 sp 1 axe rather than 2sp 2sw. You just have to get over the hurdle of the research cost. Which is only about 10-15 axes, when you're building up to 200 infantry in BP the research cost isn't as big as people think sometimes.

Rank 1 Is Standard

Having axes rather than swords means you can microfarm more effectively with groups of 1 sp 1 axe rather than 2sp 2sw. You just have to get over the hurdle of the research cost. Which is only about 10-15 axes, when you're building up to 200 infantry in BP the research cost isn't as big as people think sometimes.

In addition to this, saved a lot of resources early on by not getting 986 mines which was later put in to axe research.

Garrock

Her startup is somewhat contradictory to the method preached for many many worlds by many of the better known players... she is playing much the same was as I do, although, for this world at least far more efficiently. I've known a number of very good players who play this way... those who remember Jay from the raven24 account will know this is how he played, and always rated one of the top starts in a world... she/they are owning a very very impressive start. There are those who will likely try and say their troop count must be suffering, but if done smartly I would highly doubt that, especially now. Keep in mind most players horde spears early on, and few swords outside of quest swords. Making your farms out of live players reduces the competition for your resources.

Not much else to say.. Rank 1 and Muldie pretty much covered it.

Very impressive start to the world.

DeletedUser

So its better to skip 9/8/6 mines :0?

To get a quick start, you must get your resources from constant farming. Instead of upgrading mines, you upgrade the buildings you need to get axes, light cavalry and stuff like that. It's very ineffective to wait for your mines to produce the res you need.

[spoil]I have no idea if you are an old account that is trolling, or a new account that seriously asks a question, but here you go anyway...[/spoil]

mattcurr

Her startup is somewhat contradictory to the method preached for many many worlds by many of the better known players... she is playing much the same was as I do, although, for this world at least far more efficiently. I've known a number of very good players who play this way... those who remember Jay from the raven24 account will know this is how he played, and always rated one of the top starts in a world... she/they are owning a very very impressive start. There are those who will likely try and say their troop count must be suffering, but if done smartly I would highly doubt that, especially now. Keep in mind most players horde spears early on, and few swords outside of quest swords. Making your farms out of live players reduces the competition for your resources.

Not much else to say.. Rank 1 and Muldie pretty much covered it.

Very impressive start to the world.

Since the strategy and people you are referring to include myself I figure I will explain.

Personally, and this does not apply to everyone yes I generally believe that clearing less is better. In an ideal situation when you're talking about a great area for growth it is no doubt that straight lc rush and hq rush with as little clearing as possible is #1, it has been explained a million times as to why.

Now take an account like hers where there are a huge dense of area of players not barbs, and what you get is that clearing in her situation is the best. There is also the idea of a mixture of the two ideas.

Ill aim further into this a little. One advantage of clearing less is more noble targets, and once those noble targets are nobled then increased farming. Also I notice about half of the top 20 is in 1 K and extremely close to each other. This is influencing the farming of those players they are all competing with each other, where as she has no elite level starters next to her.

I am not saying she will not be rank 1 on this world for a long time to come nor am I saying her start wasnt great, but I am adding perspective. And I wouldnt count out a few of the solo accounts in a tribe I might have theoretically started climbing and continuing to gain traction with nobling.

Last edited:

Garrock

Since the strategy and people you are referring to include myself I figure I will explain.

Personally, and this does not apply to everyone yes I generally believe that clearing less is better. In an ideal situation when you're talking about a great area for growth it is no doubt that straight lc rush and hq rush with as little clearing as possible is #1, it has been explained a million times as to why.

Now take an account like hers where there are a huge dense of area of players not barbs, and what you get is that clearing in her situation is the best. There is also the idea of a mixture of the two ideas.

Ill aim further into this a little. One advantage of clearing less is more noble targets, and once those noble targets are nobled then increased farming. Also I notice about half of the top 20 is in 1 K and extremely close to each other. This is influencing the farming of those players they are all competing with each other, where as she has no elite level starters next to her.

I am not saying she will not be rank 1 on this world for a long time to come nor am I saying her start wasnt great, but I am adding perspective. And I wouldnt count out a few of the solo accounts in a tribe I might have theoretically started climbing and continuing to gain traction with nobling.

All you say is true Matt... I agree, a person has to be able to adapt. You are however an anomaly, you are willing to admit that "sometimes" the more aggressive approach is the right approach, and that there are sometimes more than one way to achieve your goals. I was more referring to those who could never admit such a thing :lol:

I've used both strategies, sometimes incorrectly and to my own detriment (began this world that way), I began making my own farms a bit late, and it has hurt my farming, but we are rising quickly now. Obviously, if you can farm effectively and efficiently without building a significant amount of axes, and go straight for LC then you should. You just don't always have that luxury and need to make your own farms.

Anyway... this is about Artgame and their start-up, and everything on paper looks dynamic!

devil667

Fools! All of you are slacking! Shes solo and has maintained her position consistently.

Guess shes the one who can claim "Rank 1 is Standard". :p :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

No I'm not! I have already found a helper :-*

and hi! :)

Last edited by a moderator: