Ask the best player on W72 anything.

• Thread starter XxX4n35th3t15tXxX
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hehe, now imagine they introduced religion to TW.
they did. You should have played when looter of the day was first introduced. Im telling you not even christain fundies or muslim can match that devotion

DeletedUser

they did. You should have played when looter of the day was first introduced. Im telling you not even christain fundies or muslim can match that devotion
Lol you don't say,
There's only one religion in tribal wars. :x
Now lets not discuss about religion shall we ? lol

DeletedUser

Muslims, they had the best war general in history, khalid ibn whalid who has not lost 1 battle despite the numerous ones he fought, and was given the title the unscathed sword of Allah (God)

DeletedUser

Can Jesus microwave a burrito so hot even he can´t eat it?

DeletedUser94626

I find it amusing how people are trying to figure God out, it simply cannot be done, so why even bother?

As a species, we don't even adequately understand Energy, Gravity or even OURSELVES, think about it, we have no idea why our mind works the way it does and why our body does certain things, so how exactly are we going to explain ANYTHING about a God who's supposedly created you, me, the lion and everything thing else in the Universe?!

I would wager that a world full of Einstein's, Newton's and Da Vinci's would not be able to work this out, so where does that leave us?

d4m0

I'm not as foolish as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle :)
I don't believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden. Or anywhere, in fact.

DeletedUser

Why do sandwiches taste better cut diagonally? :icon_neutral:

mattcurr

I find it amusing how people are trying to figure God out, it simply cannot be done, so why even bother?

As a species, we don't even adequately understand Energy, Gravity or even OURSELVES, think about it, we have no idea why our mind works the way it does and why our body does certain things, so how exactly are we going to explain ANYTHING about a God who's supposedly created you, me, the lion and everything thing else in the Universe?!

I would wager that a world full of Einstein's, Newton's and Da Vinci's would not be able to work this out, so where does that leave us?
Ughh you named things that we do understand. Granted in biology there are things in these subjects still being discovered but we know quite a lot. But energy and gravity are well understood we even found the Higgs bossen particle.

DeletedUser94626

Ughh you named things that we do understand. Granted in biology there are things in these subjects still being discovered but we know quite a lot. But energy and gravity are well understood we even found the Higgs bossen particle.

Wrong. We don't really know much about Gravity or even Energy for that matter, we only understand their obvious properties, other then that they are both a complete mystery to us. Talking about obvious properties, Mass happens to be a property, but we haven't been able to show anything ground breaking on it, so for the most part its also still a grey-area.

Also, If im not mistaken (kinda rusty in Physics, lol) about 50ish years ago scientists tried to research into why certain particles have Mass, for their research they used one of the most popular Theories in particle physics as their basis, the Standard Model. As a result of this, Peter Higgs and some other scientists came up with another Theory that ties with the Standard Model's principles, i believe the theory stated that there is a field that surrounds our cosmos which gives these particles their mass - it was named the Higgs field and in it i think there were tiny particles called the Higgs Boson particles. So once this theory was made it was up to the world's leading team of scientists to prove it. (a lot of things happened) then 50 years later they did a test in the CERN Large Hadron Collider (in 2012) and announced that they found what appears to be an unknown/new particle - there was lot of confusion over this because scientists at CERN said that it was not confirmed to be the Higgs Boson but more of a look-alike Higgs Boson...

Check out these articles:

On July 4, 2012, scientists working with the Large Hadron Collider announced their discovery of a particle that behaves the way the Higgs boson should behave. The results, while published with a high degree of certainty, are still somewhat preliminary. Some researchers are calling the particle "Higgslike" until the findings -- and the data -- stand up to more scrutiny.

When the particle's discovery was announced, researchers working with the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN resisted calling their quarry the Higgs boson outright, preferring the vaguer "Higgs-like boson", or "particle resembling the Higgs". They knew the particle they had glimpsed was a brand new boson, one of two types of elementary particle. But it was not clear if its properties corresponded exactly to those laid out for the Higgs in the standard model of particle physics, which describes all known particles and the forces acting on them.

In fact, many physicists were hoping the boson would prove to be something more exotic, because this would suggest ways to extend the standard model, which currently cannot explain dark matter or gravity, for example.

Now the good news is that you are correct mate!, in 2013 CERN released some info saying that the particle was in fact the Higgs Boson, woohoo!.

...The bad news IMO, however, is that ALL of this research is based on a theory, the theory of the Standard Model, this is the same theory which cant even give a simple explanation as to why there is Gravity, Dark Energy or Dark Matter in the universe. Now you'd think what has this got to do with anything but these 3 things are fundamental to life in the universe, if you have a look on the NASA website, according to them 95% of our universe consists solely of Dark Matter and Dark Energy.....So ask yourself this, why is it that the standard model theory used for this research cannot prove a really large part of our universe, but it can prove that a tiny microscopic particle exists? Well anyway, that's the interesting part (yet confuses the hell out of me), enjoy thinking about it dude. :)

^^ Having blabbed on about all of this, lol.....i would like to reaffirm my original statement, does anyone here honestly believe we are capable of understanding the motives/thoughts/nature/whatever of a God who has created all of this, and much much more?

DeletedUser

war lord187[FONT=century gothic said:
^^ Having blabbed on about all of this, lol.....i would like to reaffirm my original statement, does anyone here honestly believe we are capable of understanding the motives/thoughts/nature/whatever of a God who has created all of this, and much much more?[/FONT]

So after going on and on about the how of things you say science can't prove the why question. Luckily Captain Obvious has the answer to that statement and he says.. "thats because the why question are silly". And whenever they encounter something that makes them wonder why it behaves the way it does they don't simply say.. oh well, the creator made it that way so let's leave it at that. Only religious people are content which such utter simplicity.

And that whole "gravity is just a theory" made me giggle. Like if you say you don't believe in it you would float away.

Reality is made of the stuff that exists, even if you don't believe in it. And even if there were some omnipotent creator, it most certainly is no loving being. Trapping us on a tiny blue oblate spheroid close to a glow in the dark radioactive fusionball that will eventually wipe us all out. If we don't get wiped out by the million other things he created that can potentially kill us. And ofc. there is also the chance humankind will just wipe itself out. Probably fighting over which fictional deity is the most loving one.

d4m0

^^ you obviously have no comprehension of what warlord was trying to say. I don't have anything higher than year 11 Physics yet I already knew pretty much everything he said there. And gravity is NOT a theory, the theory he was referring to was the one regarding the Higgs Boson. All he said (and this is 100% true) is that scientists don't have the first clue how gravity even works apart from the obvious. They've measured its effects but can't even fit it in with their other theories in any coherent way yet. Go learn some science before flaming a really coherent and more importantly correct explanation of a difficult subject.

This really is the thread of the non sequiters, even though each post actually does refer to the previous one, just obliquely and in a way that's fairly hard for people other than the poster to recognise the connection. I like it.

DeletedUser

^^ you obviously have no comprehension of what warlord was trying to say. I don't have anything higher than year 11 Physics yet I already knew pretty much everything he said there. And gravity is NOT a theory, the theory he was referring to was the one regarding the Higgs Boson. All he said (and this is 100% true) is that scientists don't have the first clue how gravity even works apart from the obvious. They've measured its effects but can't even fit it in with their other theories in any coherent way yet. Go learn some science before flaming a really coherent and more importantly correct explanation of a difficult subject.

This really is the thread of the non sequiters, even though each post actually does refer to the previous one, just obliquely and in a way that's fairly hard for people other than the poster to recognise the connection. I like it.

Our understanding of gravity is in fact a theory, as is our understanding of medicine. Majority of science is based on theory. We stick to these theories while they work until they are proven wrong. Not having the first clue of how it works makes it pretty theoretical.