Aspiring Sig Maker

DeletedUser

so i was talking to bobby about my sig and stuff, and i started to become a bit curious about the whole sig making process. i asked him what program he uses and he told me Gimp, so i downloaded it, and with a bit of help by answering my questions of how to do such and such on this program i made my first sig.

firsttest.jpg

jinxiesigs.jpg

ballistcktest.jpg

zacheod4texttest2.jpg

bleachsig002.jpg

sazasig.jpg

so what i was wondering is if there was any pro sig makers out there who could help me out with some pointers and new ideas. my Skype is tiger32k, same as my IGN. any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: added borders to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its great work for your first attempt, can't wait to see what you do to mine :)
I have to get Gimp as well at some point, looks better than Photoshop I've been using.

DeletedUser

that sig sucks.

I hate Bobby jiddles......... oops turnip!

DeletedUser

lol, i already said i would use it lol. i just also like my own work. i bet you take pride in your work too, right bobby?:icon_wink:

i changed the text on mine to white because a few friends said it was a bit hard to read with the black...

this is the one i made for jinxie:

jinxiesigs.jpg

and the start of one for ballistick:

ballistcknewsig.jpg

DeletedUser

can i get one? :icon_biggrin::icon_cool:

mail me IG or on skype :icon_eek:

so no one has any tips or helpfull ideas? :icon_cry:

guess ill just have to keep pestering bobby and soshi with my questions :icon_razz:

DeletedUser77458

tiger, I will replace yours with the one I just sketched up on paint when its done :D

DeletedUser

Now i know who is bobby jiddles.
And sorry turnip its not you. I know it wasnt you. Just wanted the orignal bobby jiddles to contact me. And now i know who he is!

DeletedUser

Now i know who is bobby jiddles.
And sorry turnip its not you. I know it wasnt you. Just wanted the orignal bobby jiddles to contact me. And now i know who he is!

then change ur skype name from turnip=jiddles to whoever it is =jiddles

DeletedUser

ballisticks finished sig:

ballistcktest.jpg

and the one i made for Zacheod4:

zacheod4texttest2.jpg

and the last one was one i made while fooling around with the layers settings, trying to make the figures in back sort of shadowy to make the main figure stand out more:

bleachsig002.jpg

DeletedUser

would like to give special thanks to tiger32k for making me a signature!

DeletedUser

@tiger, The best advice I give to anyone is Pixel2Life.com.

Work on your text effects. It's what lets every newb to the sig scene down.

Not a bad start.

@jinxie, Trust me. . . Photoshop is a lot better than GIMP. Until you grasp how to use Photoshop to it's max, everyone will say GIMP is better. . . You can make some pretty cool shit in GIMP I will admit. But then again, you can also in MS Paint if you have a tablet. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Tiger, coming from a fellow 'gimper' i would say you need to put more time into your sigs and start trying to make different backgrounds from where you just mess around with the gradient tool, or even use some backgrounds you pick up from other places if your feeling lazy

also, when your looking for your renders, always chose/make a background first and then chose a render that you think will go well with it when your making basic sigs like you are doing right now

DeletedUser

Tiger, coming from a fellow 'gimper' i would say you need to put more time into your sigs and start trying to make different backgrounds from where you just mess around with the gradient tool, or even use some backgrounds you pick up from other places if your feeling lazy

also, when your looking for your renders, always chose/make a background first and then chose a render that you think will go well with it when your making basic sigs like you are doing right now

See who is giving advise. Bobby first learn to make siggies yourself. You suck bro. :icon_twisted:

But otherwise you are cool but forget siggies not your cup of tea!

DeletedUser

See who is giving advise. Bobby first learn to make siggies yourself. You suck bro. :icon_twisted:

But otherwise you are cool but forget siggies not your cup of tea!

thnx aj :icon_rolleyes:

why dont you try to make em