Aspiring Sig Maker

DeletedUser

@tiger, The best advice I give to anyone is Pixel2Life.com.

Work on your text effects. It's what lets every newb to the sig scene down.

Not a bad start.

@jinxie, Trust me. . . Photoshop is a lot better than GIMP. Until you grasp how to use Photoshop to it's max, everyone will say GIMP is better. . . You can make some pretty cool shit in GIMP I will admit. But then again, you can also in MS Paint if you have a tablet. :icon_wink:

i dont know what to do on that site :icon_confused:.

also, i cant afford photoshop lol, i dont have any money, so i can only use free programs :icon_razz:

Rsviper

its a pretty good first attempt tiger.

And yea people say PS is better to make sigs if u know how to use every damn feature it has(mainly brushes).GIMP is simple and effiecient though.

@tiger.....Check out any torrent site for full installations of PS.I got mine from mininova.org.

DeletedUser

its a pretty good first attempt tiger.

And yea people say PS is better to make sigs if u know how to use every damn feature it has(mainly brushes).GIMP is simple and effiecient though.

@tiger.....Check out any torrent site for full installations of PS.I got mine from mininova.org.

i just tried downloading it from mininova but the download wouldnt start :|

it spent ages checking the file but didnt actually download any of it :|

DeletedUser

the people i ask keep talking about brushes, but tbh, im looking at these gimp brushes and while they may add a nice after effect like dripping blood or something, i dont really see this big use for them...

DeletedUser

the people i ask keep talking about brushes, but tbh, im looking at these gimp brushes and while they may add a nice after effect like dripping blood or something, i dont really see this big use for them...

the need will come for them with the more experience you gain

in the one i did last night for myself, i used 3 different brush sets that werent included when i got gimp.

a cloud/mist set
a grunge one to give a slightly jaggedy feel at the back
and..... i know i used another one but i cant remember... lol

Rsviper

i just tried downloading it from mininova but the download wouldnt start :|

it spent ages checking the file but didnt actually download any of it :|

download the file with the most seeds dumbazz.:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

lol ur first sig is better then my hundreth. good job! but thats not much of an accomplishment

DeletedUser

Great for first sig!

Hmmm, I most sigs lacks an important aspects.

It's the proper use of render.

The render.... or in the other words are... SUBJECT of the signature.

The mostly used render on a sig is a famous anime char.
On your sigs, you have slapped too many renders on your sigs, in which would really not be the object since most TW sigs aren't about the sigs and their fancy details and renders. It's all about the text.

Typography will make or break a sig.
Look at this sig, bad typography.
[spoil] [/spoil]

Compare it with a sig like this
[spoil]
titanwazzy.png
[/spoil]

See the difference? A sig of fail typography would overall fail.

Look at the nice subtle effect on the name.

And look at those sigs, there were only 1 and only 1 render. Nothing else.
Look at the flow too. Both sigs have a good flow IMO, but the first sig was a fail because of the font used.

PS. Disregard the "TITANS" labeled on the second sig. :D
Flow.

I really can't see any major flows in your sig.

Take a look of this sig....

[spoil]
titanbloody2.png
[/spoil]

Noticed the left to right movement of the parts of the sig?

[spoil] [/spoil]

That sig also has a good flow, the flow was enhanced by the penning and the motion blur.

Also, I also keep in my borders on my sig uniformed. 3 pixels, center.

Dark sigs have dark borders
like this one
[spoil]
htag.jpg
[/spoil]

Bright sigs have bright borders
like this one
[spoil]
titanshield.png
[/spoil]

Hope that helps,
PM me if you still need more help, I may not be great but I already been messing with PS for quite a long time. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

htag.jpg

That there, Wazzy, is one of the better sigs I've seen in quite awhile. Brilliant :icon_surprised:

I hate anime, so the render lets it down. But the effect on the left of it is wicked. I'm stealing!

Afterall, you stole the 'Hostile' and 'w32' inbetween the brackets of [H] off of Hazad's sig... Which I made. Fair's fair! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

omg wazzy theyre amazing

and i totally agree with x, the one you made for nhono is probably the best one ive seen in a looooooong time

DeletedUser

htag.jpg

That there, Wazzy, is one of the better sigs I've seen in quite awhile. Brilliant :icon_surprised:

I hate anime, so the render lets it down. But the effect on the left of it is wicked. I'm stealing!

Afterall, you stole the 'Hostile' and 'w32' inbetween the brackets of [H] off of Hazad's sig... Which I made. Fair's fair! :icon_biggrin:

Lawl.

Sorry for the sasuke render. But I didn't have the copy of the official pic that [H] use as COA. :p

And yeah, I just stole your idea. But I PAWN. :p

omg wazzy theyre amazing

and i totally agree with x, the one you made for nhono is probably the best one ive seen in a looooooong time

hahaha.

Beware, I might start my own shop soooooon!
Or prolly.... Invite me to yours?

wazzy, your sigs make me wana be a square! they are sick

Who ever made your sig is sick tooo.
I love vector sigs like you have.

Anyways, thanks for all the compliment. Muchly appreciated. :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

I haven't got access to the hostile face, but search google for "hostile" and it's there. We tried real hard to find a hostile logo...... :icon_razz:

See? Here!

Anyway, the sasuke render would look better than the Hostile face in that sig. So I'll let you off. :icon_wink:

PS, you don't pawn. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I haven't got access to the hostile face, but search google for "hostile" and it's there. We tried real hard to find a hostile logo...... :icon_razz:

See? Here!

Anyway, the sasuke render would look better than the Hostile face in that sig. So I'll let you off. :icon_wink:

PS, you don't pawn. :icon_rolleyes:

If you can convince me, I'll give you that sig, seeing as that nhono sig was made for something and was not intended to be used on the externals.

Bottomline: Great sig, free of charge, up for grabs?

PS.Come to skype sometimes.

DeletedUser

If you can convince me, I'll give you that sig, seeing as that nhono sig was made for something and was not intended to be used on the externals.

Nevermind.

New sig *hint*

DeletedUser

ur invited, gimme the urls for ur sigs and ill put a section for you in the first post, saying that wazzy also makes sigs, with all ur work, and you get the same rewards

DeletedUser

I'm fairly confident I'd be able to re-create the effect. But the PSD would be nice. :icon_wink: .. Add a bit of red and it'd look deadly. PS, Tactica sucks. :icon_razz:
And what do you mean if I convince you? Sheesh. What tribe are you in now? Jeeez. :icon_biggrin:

Skype? I'm on a err "public" computer over here. It doesn't allow me to download/install anything. Everything(most things) are monitored... Therefor, no Skype. Unless you can find an Ajax (not flash. Flash isn't installed) version of Skype to use through the browser (eg. www.ebuddy.com)? .. Doubt it though.

DeletedUser

I'm fairly confident I'd be able to re-create the effect. But the PSD would be nice. :icon_wink: .. Add a bit of red and it'd look deadly. PS, Tactica sucks. :icon_razz:
And what do you mean if I convince you? Sheesh. What tribe are you in now? Jeeez. :icon_biggrin:

Skype? I'm on a err "public" computer over here. It doesn't allow me to download/install anything. Everything(most things) are monitored... Therefor, no Skype. Unless you can find an Ajax (not flash. Flash isn't installed) version of Skype to use through the browser (eg. www.ebuddy.com)? .. Doubt it though.

you is noooooooob.

Red won't fit. It would be contrast, then burn the eyes of the viewers. NOOB. :p

I won't give you PSD. :p

I made it, I use it. :p

Tactica doesn't really suck, just watch how I turn it into a monster. A tribe? Hmmm... Looks like were in the same [H]. Lalalallala

get yourself a PC or something then.

EDIT:

ur invited, gimme the urls for ur sigs and ill put a section for you in the first post, saying that wazzy also makes sigs, with all ur work, and you get the same rewards

lmao, I was kidding on the shop part.

But if you insist. lmao.

Right click the image-> copy image address

Whoala. :p