Astonishing fact!

DeletedUser

Ladies and Gents,

Yes I know this is my 2nd thread of the day. I'm not spamming (i dont try to ... :p ) but this world only has 8387 players!! LIke what happened to the other players???? My other world (w25) used to have 83'000 players playing it!!!! now it has dropped to below 180 players :D but the point is How come this world isn't as "populated"??

This could become a discussion topic as it is a question im sure many have. Is tribalwars a dying game? It seems so seeing the decrease of players playing it... :/

brdaerz109

I wouldnt say it's a dying game as such , W55 is the 3rd most populated on tribalwars . It's just alot of wars are happening so people get nobled and dont want to start again , Players have quit .

It's been out for like 5 and a half months ( i think ) and alot of things can happen in that time

DeletedUser

Ladies and Gents,

Yes I know this is my 2nd thread of the day. I'm not spamming (i dont try to ... :p ) but this world only has 8387 players!! LIke what happened to the other players???? My other world (w25) used to have 83'000 players playing it!!!! now it has dropped to below 180 players :D but the point is How come this world isn't as "populated"??

This could become a discussion topic as it is a question im sure many have. Is tribalwars a dying game? It seems so seeing the decrease of players playing it... :/

You're not the only one to notice Tw is "Dying". On the otherside with a smaller amount of players you don't have to spend years playing the same world to win it like older ones that will be in a stalemate for what looks like to be forever.

I wouldnt say it's a dying game as such , W55 is the 3rd most populated on tribalwars . It's just alot of wars are happening so people get nobled and dont want to start again , Players have quit .

It's been out for like 5 and a half months ( i think ) and alot of things can happen in that time

W55 is the 3rd most populated because it's the 3rd newest world on the server?

DeletedUser

Ladies and Gents,

TribalWars is losing players. Plain and simple. Look at the number on the homepage. 116k players. If I remember correctly, when I started playing over three years ago, the number was up around 300k.

TW still doesn't have a solid point saying a tribe wins a world when "this" happens. They're still experimenting. It seems strange to create a game without knowing how to win, but that's how it happened, and now they are trying to make it up as they go. Many don't like that and have left.

You may or may not have noticed that this world has actually been shrunken as well. Normally worlds are on a 10x10 continent grid. This one is an 8x8. So rather than having 100 continents, we are playing this world on 64.

On the flip side, TW has also been opening up new servers sporadically for different nationalities, so a lot of people who used to play on .net are now playing on different servers for their country.

DeletedUser

Ladies and Gents,

co players take away a pretty large amount of new accounts that are being made on each world. Just 2 players to each account is dropping a large amount of accounts that are opened, Not that everyone co plays... but the majority of pre mades have co players and now once worlds have started then even more accounts are merged together. Also at the rate new worlds are being opened then after being backtimed players aren't willing to rebuild, its a lot less hassle to restart on the next world. some points?

Also smaller worlds can be more fun, less newbs and more experienced players so your more likely to hit someone that you will have to work hard for to take their village other than smashing some poor nub and getting an easy ride.

Either way this type of game is obv going to make way for the newer games that are coming through at some point. We just have to appreciate it while its still here :)

DeletedUser

The rate at which worlds have been opening has actually been slowing down drastically. At one point, TW was opening two worlds a month, and had to limit players to either one world or the other in order to leave enough space for everyone that wanted to join.

DeletedUser

The rate at which worlds have been opening has actually been slowing down drastically. At one point, TW was opening two worlds a month, and had to limit players to either one world or the other in order to leave enough space for everyone that wanted to join.

true, i can't disagree. but worlds are still opening a lot faster than they used too. When i first started on w3 i had to fight like a mofo because i knew that w4 was a long way away and if i was beaten then i would have a long arse wait for the next world to start. i usually co play but i honestly believe that a ban on co playing would improve things.

Some guys also say that smaller worlds are more fun and won quicker, But are they more fun because you are in a premade and are pwning shit? i have never ever had as much fun as a player as in one of the earlier world nub tribes i was in. The friendship, loyalty and all that bullshit is what kept me playing. The new worlds lack all that kind of stuff imo

DeletedUser

Moving this to general, as the discussion is moving away from w55.

DeletedUser

Funnily enough. Whenever discussions go to General everybody stops posting. Its likke everybody is afraid :O

DeletedUser4587

I think it is just a normal affliction of old games. This game has been around what... 5 or so years? In those 5 years a few things have happened... people got tired of the concept... mastered the concept... or are trying to learn it.

The people who got tired stopped playing. It happens with even the greatest of games.

The people who mastered it know the game, they play the game, the love the game. They stick around, but they are a small portion.

The people who are trying to learn it, the new people... Well... They get killed by the masters. It happens with every MMO game. There is no way to prevent against this, so it just happens. The online aspect totally obliterates the concept of defined learning curves that are found on console games. Yet, that gradual learning curve is what keeps players playing, so it is ultimately a formula for death. TW nowadays is like using the right teleporter in Chrono Trigger when you've never played the game before.

Player mastery will ultimately lead to the death of any game. I think every game developer knows this, and they likely plan for it. There are changes to the game to the game they can make, to make it "Fresh", to extend the shelf life, but the the old players still know the relevant skills and have learned how to adjust, so the new players never catch up, and even the most avid players will get bored.

This doesn't necessarily make the game bad. It just makes it old. Every game has its shelf life. A good developer will create a new game that is good enough to attract a new (or the same) player base to keep the company alive. I think every developer knows that the key isn't in creating a game that will last forever, but creating new and interesting games forever.

Last edited by a moderator: