Astros Up To Old Tricks

DeletedUser

previous experience right

w50<>w53 in a language you will understand, thats another world this is w53, so lets keep to that, rather then you guessing.

So you internal 3, Allos? 4 seems pretty even to me, now that said, how about keep to w53 talk and not w50 or w 78998 that has to real relevance to this.

I never said this was w50. I said I have experience with him which is true. In that experience I've seen him noble plenty of internals, and actually recruit accounts just to internal them:

J0shs magik Happles Joined 10th December 2010 - 00:06 43,649
J0shs magik Happles [Rogues] Allos? [Rogues] 2010-12-14 12:38:19

Wow, thats neat. Took all of 4 days to start nobling an account that just joined. Experience being confirmed?

since you kindly pointed out w50<>w53, 3 <> 4, so no they aren't the even or "pretty even". And I believe I actually was talking about w53 when I pointed out that more than 25% of his nobles are internals on this world. Here's something else thats neat: Astro is duke, and nobody in your tribe has more internals than he does. Experience being confirmed?

I'd answer yes to both questions :)

Guess how many internals our duke has? 1. That's because he's not selfish and power hungry :icon_redface:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I never said this was w50. I said I have experience with him which is true. In that experience I've seen him noble plenty of internals, and actually recruit accounts just to internal them:

J0shs magik Happles Joined 10th December 2010 - 00:06 43,649
J0shs magik Happles [Rogues] Allos? [Rogues] 2010-12-14 12:38:19

Wow, thats neat. Took all of 4 days to start nobling an account that just joined. Experience being confirmed?

since you kindly pointed out w50<>w53, 3 <> 4, so no they aren't the even or "pretty even". And I believe I actually was talking about w53 when I pointed out that more than 25% of his nobles are internals on this world. Here's something else thats neat: Astro is duke, and nobody in your tribe has more internals than he does. Experience being confirmed?

I'd answer yes to both questions :)

Guess how many internals our duke has? 1. That's because he's not selfish and power hungry :icon_redface:

GUess how many internals i have as duke 0 - so i win

Guess how many atimos has as duke ...... i bet you cant guess- zero, ya another winner, so your point was?

4 days to start taking village, but please tell me the knowledge you have of this account? Who said to noble? was it sat and were there instructions if the account holder had already left?

Im happy for you to talk a load of BS about things you dont know, so please continue

DeletedUser

GUess how many internals i have as duke 0 - so i win

Guess how many atimos has as duke ...... i bet you cant guess- zero, ya another winner, so your point was?

4 days to start taking village, but please tell me the knowledge you have of this account? Who said to noble? was it sat and were there instructions if the account holder had already left?

Im happy for you to talk a load of BS about things you dont know, so please continue

So you're not selfish and power hungry. How does that disprove my comments about Astro.

You're right, I have no knowledge of the account and I never claimed to. I'm going by the fact that TWStats says Astro nobled more internals than any other member. Not quite sure how thats a load of BS.

BTW, fact check before you talk:

Code:
satawal (696|583) K56	4,336	satawal [Rogues]	atimos [Rogues]	2010-12-16 20:05:13
i come in piece (644|535) K56	2,183	Hallford [Rogues]	atimos [Rogues]	2010-11-27 05:37:31
i come in piece (654|523) K56	2,694	konan19 [Rogues]	atimos [Rogues]	2010-11-27 01:37:45

3/7. That's even worse than Astro :icon_eek: I wish I was in your tribe, such strong leadership :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

So you're not selfish and power hungry. How does that disprove my comments about Astro.

You're right, I have no knowledge of the account and I never claimed to. I'm going by the fact that TWStats says Astro nobled more internals than any other member. Not quite sure how thats a load of BS.

Code:
satawal (696|583) K56	4,336	satawal [Rogues]	atimos [Rogues]	2010-12-16 20:05:13
i come in piece (644|535) K56	2,183	Hallford [Rogues]	atimos [Rogues]	2010-11-27 05:37:31
i come in piece (654|523) K56	2,694	konan19 [Rogues]	atimos [Rogues]	2010-11-27 01:37:45

3/7. That's even worse than Astro :icon_eek: I wish I was in your tribe, such strong leadership :icon_rolleyes:

Oh dear, you tw stated but did nothing else, check when konan joined, was it the same day he was nobeld ?

Halford, fair enough - satawal, im certain they co-play now, so i will give you 1/7 in that.

I didnt say it disproved allos? stats, it was you who compared dukes, im duke so will compare to rednecks, he has 1 i have 0, does that make him a worse player then me? By your logic of you having 3 and allos? having 4 it does.

So lets do the maths from the people you showed.

allos?<lloyd<rednecks<seven swords.

Glad we cleared that up. Now if you had no internals i could see where you were coming frokm about the internals but you dont, so how about stop being a hypocryte just becuase you dont like a player

DeletedUser93260

Nobling internals has to be done, and it can help growth however its boring and contrary to the fun of the game in my opinion.

DeletedUser

Oh dear, you tw stated but did nothing else, check when konan joined, was it the same day he was nobeld ?

Halford, fair enough - satawal, im certain they co-play now, so i will give you 1/7 in that.

I never said the player needs to have joined the day before. An internal is an internal. However, I've seen Astro commonly employ a strategy of recruiting accounts for the purpose of internalling them. That doesn't mean it's a required trait of internal noblings.

I didnt say it disproved allos? stats, it was you who compared dukes, im duke so will compare to rednecks, he has 1 i have 0, does that make him a worse player then me? By your logic of you having 3 and allos? having 4 it does.

For starters, I don't believe I ever said he was a bad player. I've never actually fought him, so I can't speak to his skill level. On the other hand, I have had the opportunity to see him in leadership roles and had the opportunity to watch his stats. In that experience, I've seen him recruit players simply for the purpose of internalling them. That is a strategy I have seen him employ, but that doesn't mean every recruit is for that purpose. I simply saw it as a prime example in this situation.

Secondly, my purpose in comparing dukes was to show positive leadership traits. Dukes that internal villages more than their tribemates often times start to stir unrest in their tribe. People begin to question why he deserves those villages more than anyone else. People start to see it as an abuse of power. I'm simply saying its a poor leadership trait.

So lets do the maths from the people you showed.

allos?<lloyd<rednecks<seven swords.

Glad we cleared that up. Now if you had no internals i could see where you were coming frokm about the internals but you dont, so how about stop being a hypocryte just becuase you dont like a player

I'm not a duke, so my comment about internals and leadership traits actually means nothing in regards to me. While I think internals are a piss poor way of growing, they will always be a necessity and someone has to take them. In addition, I never said you were a bad duke, or that atimos was. I'm simply criticizing Astro for a trend he previously started and has yet to prove differently.

Lastly, the absolute values mean nothing. If a player has 2 villages and his only noble is an internal, that's much more significant that a player with 10 villages and one internal. This is why I compare it by percentages.

Nobling internals has to be done, and it can help growth however its boring and contrary to the fun of the game in my opinion.

I agree, and I never said nobling internals is a bad thing. When it starts becoming a large portion of your noblings though, then it becomes indicative of an inability to grow without it. My criticism, as I stated above, comes from the fact that the duke is taking more internals than anyone else. That's a piss poor leadership trait.

DeletedUser

Code:

i dont know how nobling a inactive player makes anyone a noob. especially in the inactive(s) are in your 7x7.

DeletedUser

i dont know how nobling a inactive player makes anyone a noob. especially in the inactive(s) are in your 7x7.

Where did I say it did? Read the post before you comment:

how many atimos has as duke ...... i bet you cant guess- zero, ya another winner, so your point was?

^^^ he claimed it was zero, I was simply pointing out that he was wrong.

DeletedUser21386

Please dont make this a repeat of w50...

Just missing SS and its the same gang of egos

DeletedUser57199

I said I have experience with him which is true.

In that experience I've seen him noble plenty of internals,
:lol: Thats true.
and actually recruit accounts just to internal them
I seen him recruit refugees and disregard the fact they had incomings with a tribe they had a NAP with cuz the account was hefty...4 to 6 coplayers quit the account, then the original.. but he insisted on keeping it.
so again, truth...

This world does have quite a few hints of the same strategy... makes me want to vomit on my keyboard.
Pench 1 - Lloyd 0 ;)

Brown kid 1 : Bias score keeping nazi -3
Learn to read then try again

DeletedUser

I can't figure out why anybody is talking about internal nobling...

And you can't base your count of internals from twstats.com. Any tribe can kick out a member a week or a day or hours before nobling, and that wont show up.

And what do you expect tribes to do when someone goes inactive? Leave the village there for other tribes to noble?

It doesn't matter if its a duke or a baron or a member who does the internalling. Whichever gives the tribe the most advantage should be used. This game isn't about stats.

DeletedUser

{yawn} this started out as a really good thread, but somewhere it bogged down badly (for me anyway).

All I can say about the subject matter is this: I never want to play poker with farky and river unless its as partners, and Astro/Allos? needs to stop recruiting members from other tribes...it's considered an act of war for some tribes (tho i dont know if that's the case for COMING's policies) unless you have the duke's or council's permission to do so.

DeletedUser

I can't figure out why anybody is talking about internal nobling...

And you can't base your count of internals from twstats.com. Any tribe can kick out a member a week or a day or hours before nobling, and that wont show up.

And what do you expect tribes to do when someone goes inactive? Leave the village there for other tribes to noble?

It doesn't matter if its a duke or a baron or a member who does the internalling. Whichever gives the tribe the most advantage should be used. This game isn't about stats.

The title of this thread is "Astros Up To Old Tricks". If you read one of my posts above, you would notice that I pointed out one of his old tricks which is exactly where this internals discussion came from. Welcome to an on topic discussion :)

You can check tribal changes and see when players have left tribes and compare it to the noblings.

I never said to ignore them. They clearly need to be taken. In regards to stats, its the amount of your growth that is dependent on internals that is an issue.

Yes it does matter who takes them. If a Duke takes more internals than anyone it indicates abuse of power. I'm talking about leadership qualities, not stats. I agree, the villages should go to whichever player benefits the tribe the most. But as a duke you should be handing them out and spreading the wealth, not nobling them yourself.

DeletedUser

Sorry for the long post

So from all the words, i can clearly see this :-

You have never fought him so have no idea how good/bad he maybe
You have never been in a tribe with him, for any real amount of time, so you are unable to judge certain aspects.
You have been critical of allos? words to the point where you say, you have never been IG with this player so how can your words be true.

This is the same thing, you are guessing saying, it shows this leadership trait. How so? It is still early to really say that.

There have been 16 internals from rogues, looking at the map most have gone to those close. So your point about they should be handed out fairly is happening. Meaning the point you are making is rather a mute one. You just wanted something else to say and try to make allos? look bad, but after looking in to all the things you say about how to make it fair. I have noticed that all internals have been handed out in a fair manner.

So really the main point of this thread is to talk about w50 rather then w53. There has been no real discussion about w53 just what you have seen in w50. That has really no relevance to this world as the w50 set up is the complete opposite of the w53 set up.Maybe give the " i seen this in w50" a break and judge on w53. If you will judge on w53 please do the leg work to see if you have a valid point.

The point you make about internals is and allos? is way off the mark from looking at all internals to locations. There were 12 internals before you see allos? taking any and also some were not too far away from him but they were handed to others to aid there growth. And if you look at k56 locations of the main 4 rogue players im certain you will see 1 holds the south border to k55, 2 hold the middle border of k55/56 and 1 the north (which is where allos? took internals). So to me him taking those makes absolute sence as we have 4 good solid holding the border there. The location of those villages was quite key to have a nice border force.

On to the last point about recruitng. I see COMING are the worse at this time with 4-5 merges i can remember. Rogues were taking quite a few villages from Happle (check the stats) then they merged to COMING. So that was COMING recruiting refugees

I seen him recruit refugees and disregard the fact they had incomings with a tribe they had a NAP with cuz the account was hefty...4 to 6 coplayers quit the account, then the original.. but he insisted on keeping it.
so again, truth...

This world does have quite a few hints of the same strategy... makes me want to vomit on my keyboard.

Yet i dont here any of you bashing coming for recruiting refugees, who had incomings from us. Double standards i believe.

Yes we have recruited some players, which is normal to add to your ranks, but how many merges have we had? How many of the tribes in the top 5 have actual fought there way to that position without merges!

Please tell me because i know COMING have merged there way up there, DSL have also, im uncertain to RIM! Rouges have not at all, Chaka have merged. So you stand on your high chairs about us but miss out on any actual facts. You just want to come here and make statements with really no proof in them at all, just because you "think" you know something. When it comes down to it, you are just showing us in a good light. So how about back off the man for a while and IF things go the same way hell even i would agree with you, but at this time you are totally wrong and way off the mark.

We are not a diluted version of our premade unlike many others who have joined failed or merged.

DeletedUser

+69
Everyone always says leave past worlds in the past but the same people that say that are the same ones that rip apart allos? for things that happened on W50. Judge people on this world.

mattcurr

[spoil]
And you seem to be ignoring the part of my post that is incredibly simple and disproves your argument. Let's take a look at it again:

[spoil]

[/spoil]

So I addressed the exact topic of discussion, and you proceeded to ignore it. You then went on a rant about the rest of my post calling me illogical and dumb. Oh if only I were as intelligent as you :icon_rolleyes: (See, I can do crappy insults too!)

I realize you said the bolded part. Your post was still in support of Astro's comment about you being the best. Saying that nobody has had as good a snipe is to assume you know every attack ever done. I know you didn't say that, but my point still stands that Astro cannot use the absolute form of "the best".

You might want to reconsider the majority of your posts then :icon_confused:

And speaking about a specific .005s snipe is generalizing your sniping skills? Wow, I'm actually blown away you can't understand the comparison. The worst player in the game, given 15B villages, would end up sniping a .005s snipe purely out of dumb luck. Sniping a single situational snipe doesn't make you the best. Now I'm not saying that you suck at sniping. I'm just saying that a single situation doesn't classify you as "the best".

Then based on your logic in regards to your specific snipe, you're not the best sniper :)

Again, in regards to disproving your statements please see the first paragraph. In regards to the "last ditch effort", it's actually the point at which I'm saying "you're an ignorant douche who is incapable of accepting he's wrong, and instead goes on a rant about the off-topic aspects of my post."

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in this wonderful example of illogical ramblings you were so kind to bring up. My tribe is in my siggy.

One more time, please see my first statement. Then you can go ahead and look at the part about test taking in which you disprove your own comments.

This has nothing to do with the argument. It's simply to explain how I interpret your posts. But since we both keep doing slight insults to each other's apparent lack of logic, I'll be a bit more direct:

I think you're an arrogant, self-obsessed douche who's stuck in his glory days.

Clearly we can't see eye to eye or even agree on the definition of logic, so I'm going to go ahead and block you now. If you'd like, feel free to respond to get the last word or call me whatever you please, but this isn't all that much fun and is taking away from the forums :)
[/spoil]
You clearly like the sound of your own voice and ignore when people counter your points and pretend like it doesn't exist:icon_neutral:

I think you're an arrogant, self-obsessed douche who's stuck in his glory days.
This is funny though, glory days? What 3 weeks ago before I had to quit for 2 weeks when I was ranked 3, is that my glory days, or like 2 weeks before that when I was in the top 20 of w52? You seem to post like my "glory" days are long past, and the game is so much more than playing your own account, my influence on the events in the world are global. Coming would still be ranked 1 had I not returned to this world, if that is not pull idk what is. I only bring it up because you keep bringing it up, to debate if I am doing well in this world is dumb. I suppose the true test will be how coming does when they declare war on us today, but so far, my manipulation of global events is undeniable.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I only bring it up because you keep bringing it up, to debate if I am doing well in this world is dumb.

Then be the bigger man and stop replying. I don't even remember what this thread was originally about