At any cost

DeletedUser

Most of you don’t know me well, many don’t know me at all. Frankly, I am comfortable with that. I tend to be quiet for the most part, don’t really seek, or require attention. I do however pay attention, and I read.

What happened early today has changed a lot of things for me, and 15 hours later, I just cannot let it go. So hey everyone, Nice to meet you all! My name is John, my friends call me jj (so do some of my enemies) and this is what I have to say.

To FRST. Wow. I mean Really?

To Jin,
Good Luck to you. You have been a steady, solid and reliable teammate for months. My heart broke just a little bit when your villages turned red. I was upgrading villages when you joined FRST and am quite possibly the first person outside of your new team, that learned of your decision. FWIW, I think I understand why you made this choice, and I in no way fault you for it. You gotta do, what’s best for you, and anyone who says different is full of crap. So when I say good luck, I truly mean, good luck.

To FRST (again)
I guess I can’t really say that I don’t understand the appeal, but where is the ethical compass that should intervene and say wait…”Do we Really want to win like this?” Perhaps it is because I am almost as old as dirt. Perhaps I am just Naïve. Perhaps.
I would honestly have expected leadership to respect the game, and the efforts of ALL who have been here from the start of this world, and to have resisted the temptation to advance with a stroke of the pen rather than through skill and effort. I would have expected leadership to look in at themselves and say “No, we do not want, or need this in order to win” I of course would be wrong.

I didn’t want this to be any longer than it had to be, but I wanted to make myself understood. I think what you did was wrong for the sake of the game, and I believe it will remove the last bit of fun, for many many people.

That said, feel free to flame me. I don’t really care, why should I?
jj

DeletedUser88324

I'm with ya buddy.. while talking to Jinny, I must admit I shed a tear for the loss.. both Jinny and Paul are 2 of my best TW buddies, and it's sad to see them go, BUT, I do also agree with the reasons for your decission Jinny, you know that ;)

DeletedUser

I think the reasoning behind it was that FRST just want to get the world over and done with now. I think the fun disappeared for a lot of us 4 months ago when the war started and Nuts collapsed in such a spectacular fashion. We were promised so much, Nuts bigging themselves up in the forums etc that we actually thought we would finally have something to make life on W43 become interesting. What you have to remember is that FRST have now been in 4 or 5 major wars, all against top 3 tribes and all as good as over and done with within a few weeks. It was quite obvious that the dhk account was not going to turn to Ni as the rest of you did so I suppose it makes sense to bring it into FRST and speed up the inevitable so that we can all either return to our real lives or move on to play other worlds.

I do understand your point of view, jj, but I also understand the reasoning behind inviting the account into FRST

DeletedUser

To FRST. Wow. I mean Really?

Yes really :icon_cool:

To FRST (again) I guess I can’t really say that I don’t understand the appeal, but where is the ethical compass that should intervene and say wait…”Do we Really want to win like this?”

Ethical Compass? Seriously what are you on about... ethics have nothing to do with any decision made to recruit someone.

I would honestly have expected leadership to respect the game, and the efforts of ALL who have been here from the start of this world, and to have resisted the temptation to advance with a stroke of the pen rather than through skill and effort. I would have expected leadership to look in at themselves and say “No, we do not want, or need this in order to win” I of course would be wrong.

Why should we care at all about all the people who have been here since the start of the world? We care about Frost and nothing else, I do find it amusing that Ni are complaining about one recruit, how much skill and effort was involved in you recruiting the rest of Nuts?

I didn’t want this to be any longer than it had to be, but I wanted to make myself understood. I think what you did was wrong for the sake of the game, and I believe it will remove the last bit of fun, for many many people.

We still have the rest of your tribe to noble, that should be plenty of fun for us over here, the rest of you well thats not our problem :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Ethical Compass? Seriously what are you on about... ethics have nothing to do with any decision made to recruit someone.

I'm just a wee little bit oldschool..I come from a time where games were played on boards, quite often balanced on chairs, beds, backseats of cars etc..and when someone crossed a line, real or perceived, the other guy would toss the board in the air and noses got bloodied.:icon_biggrin:

I do find it amusing that Ni are complaining about one recruit, how much skill and effort was involved in you recruiting the rest of Nuts?

I checked before posting, there were no posts. No Ni complaints, nothing. If my post starts something, and Ni chimes in, then so be it, but to Whine about Ni Complaining is frankly, you just makin crap up. It DID not exist, and I am not Ni. Further, last I checkd, Nuts! and Ni. were allies. I believe that would be called what...oh yeah, a Merge. We in Nuts!, merged into Ni. Nope, not much skill required to do that, but that didnt really change anything either, did it?

DeletedUser

I always thought the main purpose of this game was winning and truthfully this war was over long before DHK joined us. Winning by any means is still winning and if you actually think that dragging this war out as long as possible is a good idea your logic fails.

DeletedUser

You make it sound as if dhk joining is why we would win the war, we all know the war is over already. But I guess boredNuts!Ni need some excuses as to why they failed as always.

DeletedUser

JJ I fail to see what you have find has changed in this game. Frost has always recruited those that when placed under pressure fight back best. Think of it as a kind of interview that takes place over a few months. Who really knows better a players attitude to sending out attacks, sniping trains and never giving up if not the enemy the player has been fighting.

What should really make you think is those that have been trying to cuddle little bears good night and even spend time chatting with harb (we have to, he's a tribemate :icon_razz:) all in order to get a new home. I mean even only yesterday the new player on the pasta account got a surprise when the rest of his mates that were meant to be attacking did not turn up. How long before another one turns round and say's stuff you lot.

So before you become disappointed with frost's recruitment methods be really angry about all those other supposed tribemates around you with whom you all plead dying loyalty only to run for cover at the first sign of trouble.

(mind you maybe you are another of those ones people are trying to run from) :icon_wink: :lol:

DeletedUser

took me a while to figure out what happened.... i thought they joined us already haha

b pasta

Why is there this conception that theres a new player on the pasta account? Same old me since day 1.

I think I understand why you made this choice, and I in no way fault you for it. You gotta do, what’s best for you, and anyone who says different is full of crap.

I loved what you wrote and the way you wrote it jj. But I couldn't disagree with the above part more. Whatever failure Nuts! has had, and however dhk feels, the fact remains that we successfully defended her.

Before the war started, we had to make some tough choices on where to send the available D. We sent 4x or 5x more D to dhk then anyone else, as a tactical decision. Many others who needed support didn't get it and lost their whole accounts. With the scope of the war, there just wasn't enough to send.

Jinn/muffin used the support that we sent them wisley, and was able to defend succesfully then grow.

While things have been going to shit since day 1, who is the best player FRST has taken out? Wortec? Mice? We still haven't lost any of our pros. But alas, this move of cowardice is the proverbial nail in the coffin.

As far as FRST, I can't believe anyone would blame them. I think the goal of a tribe should be to win the world, and with a simple click they've shaved as much as 2 months off that goal.

siggggggggghhh

ace

DeletedUser

ace, i only see one problem with your post. Dhk was your ONLY pro. no one else effectively attacked and defended like they did. They might have had 4-5x more back line support, but it was their own support that hurt us. they are the most effective player that this world has seen when it comes to arranging defense. and as for the players we have taken out...

wortec, mice. yes but also...

kokheng went barb and the original mageknights quit or something along those lines. and how many others have quit or asked FRST for an invite? all those can be considered lost to your cause as well. want me to list a few of them as well? ;)

DeletedUser

the total list of all the players so far gone since the start of the war (for whatever reasons):

kokheng
mageknights (original)
darkshadow7
wortec
be mice elf again
warpro
Balefire
swamprati
40-below
SusieJean
airfx
kingetka
kovi74
romeokillerwar
k-khole
Tribal1990
Daalder

And probably some others I've missed.

So what you're saying is that none of these players mattered, as long as your "pro's" are intact? :icon_rolleyes: Typcial fail bored/nuts/ni thing. You will never understand what it is to be a tribe, and that is why you will always fail against FRST.

b pasta

So what you're saying is that none of these players mattered, as long as your "pro's" are intact? Typcial fail bored/nuts/ni thing. You will never understand what it is to be a tribe, and that is why you will always fail against FRST.

Where did I say or even imply that losing these players didn't matter? Losing those players was crucial and went hand-in-hand with losing the war. What I was saying was that because we didn't lose any of our pros(aside from des, and AZ is playing that account [mage] more then adequately), we still had what they call a 'punchers chance.'

Whether or not you agree with that logic, its hardly proof that I have no idea what it is to 'be a tribe', and was not a contributing factor to any in-game decision.

We never had any real opposition or way to test our players guts before the war. This was our largest disadvantage, as several players folded or just evaporated.

DeletedUser

Where did I say or even imply that losing these players didn't matter?

While things have been going to shit since day 1, who is the best player FRST has taken out? Wortec? Mice? We still haven't lost any of our pros.

Quite strongly, and rather obviously, implied that "while things are bad, we still haven't lost our pro's, so its not as bad a loss in our minds." Which to me, is a terrible mentality to have. Losing a low point, less talented player to us is just as bad as losing our highest ranked, biggest player.

Losing those players was crucial and went hand-in-hand with losing the war. What I was saying was that because we didn't lose any of our pros(aside from des, and AZ is playing that account [mage] more then adequately), we still had what they call a 'punchers chance.'

No matter how good individual players are, any tribe will eventually make short work of them. 1 player, even a tri-played, super active, pro account, etc, will eventually fall to a tribe op without support. And EVEN IF the tribe can't take them out, all that player can do is try to hold out as long as possible before they quit. We're all human after all.

Whether or not you agree with that logic, its hardly proof that I have no idea what it is to 'be a tribe', and was not a contributing factor to any in-game decision.

We never had any real opposition or way to test our players guts before the war. This was our largest disadvantage, as several players folded or just evaporated.

What about the fact they were mostly the same players from many previous wars that either did nothing, or ran? Sheep/Nomad/SnOwP, BORED!, etc.

And as for you suggesting we haven't taken out any of your "pro" large players yet, maybe it's because of the fact they are all miles away from the front, munching barbs and in-actives on the rim or Ni's core? Your supposed pro players are all miles away from the action and doing nothing, of course we haven't targeted them as they are no threat at all. The only ones who were a threat have now been eliminated from the equation, mageknights: no longer a threat, kokheng: no longer a threat, dhk: no longer a threat, etc.

Ultimately, at the end of the day, we've gained thousands of villages, and you've lost thousands of villages. There's not much more to it than that really. If you want to talk about Ni winning, they first have to take about 3-4000 villages to get back to the position we started the war in, then another 20,000 after that.

Good luck with that, I guess it's ok for you guys to hope, so sure, your pro players are going torunsave you all :)

DeletedUser

Ace I have to agree with Harb over your messed up view on whom are your pro's and what is worth defending. These pro's that you have seem to cannot move forward 2 continents to get away from the inactives yet in frost many of us have moved from 4 continents back to get on the front lines. It is hard but if you are determined, persistent and capable it is doable.

Another contrast is those players you allowed to die we in frost would have had players from different areas sit those accounts 24/7 making it as hard as possible for you to even take our inactive villages never mind accounts with players receiving no help. Of course a lot of this is down to poor leadership and tribe direction whereas we have had the likes of Dark and Tribb dishing out orders to try and make sure all bases are covered.

The fundamental point you guys have failed to look at is at least 1000 of those captures have extra nukes coming from them at you guys now. What you going to do no matter how big you get munching barbs when another 1000 is added to that. Another laughing point that comes to mind is which one of you pro's is then going to get the support.

DeletedUser

Surely if they were pro players, ace, they would have got themselves established in a position where they could do something beneficial to your tribe in the war. It's not like there wasn't plenty of warning that it was going to happen. It seems to me your pro players are pro at munching on deleted players' villages and tribe inactives and not much else. Until your attacks on me a couple of days ago, what else have you sent FRST's way as I don't remember hearing your name mentioned in our forums in the last 4 months? Could you give us some names of these pros that you're going on about so we can see what us less-than-pro players should be aiming for?

b pasta

Quite strongly, and rather obviously, implied that "while things are bad, we still haven't lost our pro's, so its not as bad a loss in our minds." Which to me, is a terrible mentality to have. Losing a low point, less talented player to us is just as bad as losing our highest ranked, biggest player.

Guys you are getting me all wrong here. There was no conscious leadership decision to say, ok, screw the smaller players. What I was saying is that, no matter how poorly things have gone so far I always see the glass at half full (ok maybe on 1/3 full in this situation)

We've lost players. Accounts. But me, slingo, crispy, mac, mage and dhk still were in a position to be able to defend and offend (?) attacks for at least a couple months. But apparently being on the winning side means more to dhk then loyalty, honor, challenge. Then theres col and other players who I consider of professional level players that remain.

Here are the players I miss.

Sherve - great buddy, former king of K23
Daadler - the original, not this crap guy we had when war started
Warpro - the original also
jay da assasnation - quit early november, extermley talented player
be mice elf again - awesome player too, quit so many times
general maclean - poop went to poop in his native k26 when he left, now he playing fester
swiftcrimson - macleans buddy and partner in crime in k26, active, good player
des - AZ is doing awesome on mageknights account, but des was a legend
rodrik33 - leader of the old north
platz - tons of talent here too
kaii - the original kaii was an absolute madman
sir taint - worked closley with him in k25 for a lonnnng time
j swift - one of the best TW players any world has ever seen

let me know if i missed anyone. im sure frst had people they miss too

ace

DeletedUser

Guys you are getting me all wrong here. There was no conscious leadership decision to say, ok, screw the smaller players. What I was saying is that, no matter how poorly things have gone so far I always see the glass at half full (ok maybe on 1/3 full in this situation)

We've lost players. Accounts. But me, slingo, crispy, mac, mage and dhk still were in a position to be able to defend and offend (?) attacks for at least a couple months. But apparently being on the winning side means more to dhk then loyalty, honor, challenge. Then theres col and other players who I consider of professional level players that remain.

Here are the players I miss.

Sherve - great buddy, former king of K23
Daadler - the original, not this crap guy we had when war started
Warpro - the original also
jay da assasnation - quit early november, extermley talented player
be mice elf again - awesome player too, quit so many times
general maclean - poop went to poop in his native k26 when he left, now he playing fester
swiftcrimson - macleans buddy and partner in crime in k26, active, good player
des - AZ is doing awesome on mageknights account, but des was a legend
rodrik33 - leader of the old north
platz - tons of talent here too
kaii - the original kaii was an absolute madman
sir taint - worked closley with him in k25 for a lonnnng time
j swift - one of the best TW players any world has ever seen

let me know if i missed anyone. im sure frst had people they miss too

ace

Oooooh I am on the list! I miss Rod too although his job has kept him nice and busy, Swift is busy with married life and we all know how much time that can take lol. I miss the old K26 days too Ace when times on this game and rl were so simple.

DeletedUser

cvcvv.jpg

Uh..? So much for talk of deserters and runners and whatnot? :icon_confused: