ATEN's Declaration of War

DeletedUser285

Some REB are making a big play for everyone's sympathy here... understandable I suppose :icon_wink:

This day has been a long time coming but I reckon most people expected, one way or another, that the Alliance would break before the World's end.

Why? Possible because not all of the members respected each other and so it was a strategic alliance more than anything.

The Alliance between Eleaud and ATEN has always been the strongest because it was based on the friendship, trust and respect its leadership had for each other. This doesn't mean that its all been plain sailing or that all decisions have been agreed on. If one was thought to be out of order the other let them know and compromises were made but they stayed out of each others internal affairs and did not generally slag each other off in the forums.

REB's place in the mix has always been more strained because the leadership and seemingly a lot of its members never seemed to have any respect for most of the rest of the alliance... well okay for ATEN :icon_biggrin:

So many times reading mail or forum posts I have wondered WHY Reb allied with us in the first place...

I know that there are many good friends and players amongst REB and ATEN that worked together well, defended and supported each other and that will NOT be forgotten, but always the overriding message from others was that we never pulled our weight. How ATEN survived the war between ATEN v HOT and TW I will never know as according to REB it could never have been because any of our players had any skills to speak of :icon_cool:

The relationship between the leadership, which I thought was based on friendship turned out to be far more tenuous. Decisions made in ATEN were scorned without ever having or accepting all the facts. Rather than working in partnership, a true alliance, we were REB's marriage of convenience and we were the partner they had to put up with... and of course we now have confirmed their worst thoughts about us :icon_wink:

REB are having a good go at us now simply because they are now *the aggrieved party* but be really honest with yourselves its not like the leadership of REB wouldnt have done it to ATEN if things had gone their way :icon_wink: And now folk post of their outrage that ATEN beat them to do the unthinkable first :D

Suppose ATEN had done this to Eleaud... now that would have been a true betrayal.

Its been said so many times that this is a war GAME. Many of the people here remain in W2 because of the friendships made here. It seems I may have lost a couple but then if so they really have missed the point :icon_sad: But lets face it most people simply want to play the game. Look at this forum and the people coming out of the woodwork (myself included :icon_cool: ) to post after it has been soooooooo quiet you would think we all had real lives :icon_rolleyes: Look at all the people who have apparently returned, on all sides, to play the final battle... which of course no-one in ATEN or LWS I am sure are that convinced it will be... but it will be a great battle and its more activity than some players in this world has seen in a while! Who remembers telling me how boring W2 was :icon_smile:

There will be those amongst us that will rise to the challenge, enjoy themselves, and make the most of the opportunity to settle old scores, or prove that they were right all along :icon_wink:
There will be those who were perhaps only here as spectators to see worlds end and will delete their accounts at the first sign of incoming. And of course the inactives that will disappear... and perhaps finally people will get to play just their own accounts, as well as they can.

The real winners of this World (apart from innogames bank balance :p) will be the players that have consistently attacked; the little players who are not scared to attack a player much larger than themselves; those that respond to incoming with humour and accept it as part of the game; those that stay up that extra hour to defend a tribemate's or allied account; those that leave themselves vulnerable in order to support another; those that get up in the middle of the night to send off attacks or snipe nobles...

These people exist in ALL tribes across this world and lets face it if they were all in one tribe there would be no-one worthy of attacking :icon_biggrin: Lets just play :icon_cool:

DeletedUser95513

The real winners of this World (apart from innogames bank balance :p) will be the players that have consistently attacked; the little players who are not scared to attack a player much larger than themselves; those that respond to incoming with humour and accept it as part of the game; those that stay up that extra hour to defend a tribemate's or allied account; those that leave themselves vulnerable in order to support another; those that get up in the middle of the night to send off attacks or snipe nobles...

These people exist in ALL tribes across this world and lets face it if they were all in one tribe there would be no-one worthy of attacking :icon_biggrin: Lets just play :icon_cool:

agreed...truest thing I have heard in all the threads....

DeletedUser

In other words, Babs tricked me into thinking this was the be all and end all of World 2 at last, and started this war to get me to stick around. ;)

junkmonger & Steve34cks - Barring my earlier comment about HOT and MPX legacy, I'm sorry I generalised a bit in my post, I'm not trying to point the finger, argue about old decisions or loyalties... etc, just referring to the view, (what I percieve to be a common perception but I may be wrong), that MPX had a record of integrity, which wasn't always the case with HOT. I'm not even saying this to be my view, it's just what I have observed. Hope that clears things up. :)

Pizz

How ATEN survived the war between ATEN v HOT and TW I will never know as according to REB it could never have been because any of our players had any skills to speak of :icon_cool:
Me, sitting the majority of the accounts under attack. Oh, and you had Congo pushing everyone to attack.

So many times reading mail or forum posts I have wondered WHY Reb allied with us in the first place...
To focus on TW. I would think that would be rather obvious.

REB's place in the mix has always been more strained because the leadership and seemingly a lot of its members never seemed to have any respect for most of the rest of the alliance...
You know Babs, for you sounding off about it being a war game, you surely do let your emotions rule here. EleAud and DBT are and were terrible tribes. They wouldn't attack LWS in their strong holds. There's literally no reason why LWS should have a presence in the north west. So why should we respect them? Because they're nice people? Not enough on my end. ATEN are more useful as a tribe, but it's not like you guys were doing a bunch of stuff. And yes, I know. You sat some and supported some. Trust me, I freaking know.

Suppose ATEN had done this to Eleaud... now that would have been a true betrayal.
So turning your back on us and sending attacks our way is a false betrayal? Hot damn! No wonder we are so pissed about it. We misunderstood completely. See, we here at REB were under the impression that doing a 180 on your allies, linking up with your mutual enemies and getting the rest of the alliance to turn on them as well counted as a true betrayal. I'll go tell the rest of the tribe that it's cool, we can still be good buddies and share a laugh with you guys.

I know that there are many good friends and players amongst REB and ATEN that worked together well, defended and supported each other and that will NOT be forgotten
I guess that is why I have lost 60ish villages to ATEN. Because what I did for them wasn't forgotten.

REB are having a good go at us now simply because they are now *the aggrieved party*
I think it's more the fact that it's fun, easy and makes for a good laugh.

DeletedUser

EleAud and DBT are and were terrible tribes. They wouldn't attack LWS in their strong holds

i'll have you know, that i attacked every single LWS member in the NW in EleAud strongholds. im sure if you ask philler he'll fill you in, i was always pushing people to get involved in attacking the enemy.

just clearing that up :)

DeletedUser

I made two attempts at ceasefire talks with Philler and while talks were going on Philler ordered attacks against me, both times...weird way to go about making a deal I must say.

The third time was instigated by Philler, and again he ordered attacks against me, while talking peace.

Very odd. I have only ever mailed tribe members 1 time to attack you.
The mail was along the lines of "We need to clear REB off K51, suggested first targets are Hooch and DarkeAngel. All attacks welcome."

DeletedUser

There's literally no reason why LWS should have a presence in the north west.

Ah, I agree with you there. REB did a pretty tame job up there around K1 & K11. Eleaud & Aten did slightly better on K3.

nort

ohh junkmonger, oh junkmonger
I yearn for the days when you are no longer
your terrible poem and rhyme
was a complete waste of my time
So now i must reply, before we send you to die
with a poem right back
that sounds equally horrible and whack

walleye

with a poem right back

i wont comment due to the last line

DeletedUser

Very odd. I have only ever mailed tribe members 1 time to attack you.
The mail was along the lines of "We need to clear REB off K51, suggested first targets are Hooch and DarkeAngel. All attacks welcome."

funny I heard you did exactly the same to Babs

DeletedUser

Ah, I agree with you there. REB did a pretty tame job up there around K1 & K11. Eleaud & Aten did slightly better on K3.

Attacking you there on my own with long range nobles is much easier said then done. Your K3 were short ranged, so yeah sorry for about having to send nobles from over 40 hours away, although from TWstats a lot of them worked :)

junkmonger

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
with a poem right back

That hurt my ears just reading it. You may be able to rhyme, but you definitely don't have any rhythm.

DeletedUser

hmmm bit off there philler didnt Eleaud take K1 from you *cough cough wasnt that me ;)