Attack timings/labelling script - all worlds & all browsers

Discussion in 'Scripts & Independent Tools' started by SlowTarget, Sep 19, 2008.

Share This Page

1. SlowTarget

SlowTarget Non-stop Poster

Here is the script that everyone needs to start off with... it needs to be installed in your quickbar - and yes you need a premium account for it to work...

It works in chrome, firefox, opera & ie7 browsers...

It labels the attack as '{unit} ({coords}) {player} F{distance} {sent}' although this can be changed pretty easily...

to use it..

copy the code below
    Code:
    javascript:theFormat='{unit} ({coords}) {player} F{distance} {sent}';function c(){var a=document;if(window.frames.length>0)a=window.main.document;var b=a.createElement('script');b.type='text/javascript';b.src='http://legion.problemsolver.co.uk/SlowTarget/labelAttacksStable.js';a.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(b);}c();
    Goto Edit QuickBar - add new link and Paste (Ctrl-V) the code into the target URL box

When you have an attack incoming go to the attack detail screen (not the overview) and click on your quickbar link...

It generates something like this and only works on the attack detail page...

[​IMG]

Here's the full uncompacted version for anyone who wants to see it...labelAttacksStable.js

You might want to change the following at the beginning of the script - it is a template for labelling your attack
    '{unit} ({coords}) {player} F{distance} {sent}'
    change this to suit your requirements... the bits in curly brackets get replaced by the script.

The following variables are available...

• {unit} the troop type that you think the attack is
    • {coords} 'xxx|yyy' of the attacks origin
    • {player} attacking player name
    • {distance} the number of fields away
    • {sent} the date & time the attack was sent (depends on the unit chosen)
    • {duration} hhh:mm:ss (depends on the unit)
    • {arrival} the date and time (including milliseconds) that the attack will land
    • {origin} 'name (xxx|yyy) Knn' of the attacking village
    • {destination} 'name (xxx|yyy) Knn' of the target village
    • {destinationxy} 'xxx|yyy' of the target village

so if you want the name, then swap coords with origin - and if you don't want the distance then just edit it out...

e.g. you might want to change it to
    theFormat='{unit} {origin} {player} {sent}';

for simplicity or even
    theFormat='[player]{player}[/player] attacking [village]{destinationxy}[/village] at {arrival} at {unit} speed';

for handy forum posting...

All dates/times are formatted as hh:mm:ss.ttt dd/mm

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. dbagmcgee

dbagmcgee Contributing Poster

Can't get it working... no idea why.

3. SlowTarget

it only works on the attack detail screen... not the overview...

what browser are you using?

4. dbagmcgee

Firefox 3 but maybe I wasn't on the attack detail page. I'm under incomings tab.

5. kalkoenvet

kalkoenvet Contributing Poster

Thank you for this Slowtarget, but I have a problem. When I want to label an attack and press on the link I have on the quickbar, it makes my tw screen smaller. How to make this not happen?

6. Piaf

Piaf Non-stop Poster

no w9?

7. dbagmcgee

K I do not know where the attack details button is.

8. sacredfool

sacredfool Part of the Furniture

It's when you click an incomming. You have to run it for every single attack.

9. dbagmcgee

Yeah it still bring me to a blank page.

10. Cleostine

Cleostine Active Member

It is working great for me in W15 and Opera - thanks!

11. SlowTarget

have another look - the second lot of code...

12. SlowTarget

it gets rid of ALL table width restrictions while you are labelling the attack... it makes it look better on screen imho - post up a screen shot of before and after, so I can see the prob - when you go to the next screen it should all be ok again...

I have posted up an alternate W10 script in the top post which you can run alongside your existing one - let me know which you prefer. I'll send you a few attacks for you to run it against :)

13. cooled ice

cooled ice Contributing Poster

is this legal?

14. SlowTarget

I have asked...

15. iulian28ti

iulian28ti New Member

I would like to know too if it's legal.

16. fleece93

fleece93 Well-Known Member

ofc it is,it just give you the times,you still have to choose when it was sent

17. SlowTarget

imho it is legal... but until Eechen makes a decision you have to make your own mind up.... install it and evaluate what it does - if you think that it does anything that is against the rules then stop using it and uninstall it...

Appreciate that many players are using it and think that its fine... but you have to make your own mind up.

18. strato75

strato75 New Member

I just found your script and tested it, really great, thanks :)

For my part, I don't think either that it does anything against the rules. Just given an easy way to rename an attack, thing that I normally do manually.

You always need to know when the attack has started and time needed to cross the distance.

If it will marked as no legal, then I'll stop to use it.

19. kebabe8

kebabe8 Contributing Poster

If im not confused then i think i can help :)

At TEST(W23) we use PP's Attack Renamer. Here it is fresh of our forums :icon_razz:

Attack Renamer - This will without question save your ass
    at some point. I have a video showing how it is used as well.
    VIDEO LINK

Code:
    javascript:var tm;t=document.getElementsByTagName('table');for(var i=0;i<t.length;i++){if(t[i].className=='main'){tm=t[i].getElementsByTagName('tbody')[0];break;}}ts=tm.getElementsByTagName('table');for(var j=0;j<ts.length;j++){if(ts[j].className='vis'){tv=ts[j].getElementsByTagName('tbody')[0];sp=ts[j].getElementsByTagName('span');for(var k=0;k<sp.length;k++){if(sp[k].getElementsByTagName('input').length>0){se=sp[k];}}z=tv.getElementsByTagName('tr');a=z[1].getElementsByTagName('td')[2].getElementsByTagName('a')[0].innerHTML;s=z[2].getElementsByTagName('td')[1].getElementsByTagName('a')[0].firstChild.nodeValue;g=z[4].getElementsByTagName('td')[1].getElementsByTagName('a')[0].firstChild.nodeValue;for(k=z.length-2;k>2;--k){if(z[k].getElementsByTagName('td')[0].firstChild.nodeValue=='Ankomst om:'){Dauer=z[k].getElementsByTagName('td')[1].innerHTML;}else{tv.removeChild(z[k]);}}break;}}h=s.split('(');s=h[h.length-1];h=s.split(')');s=h[0];h=g.split('(');g=h[h.length-1];h=g.split(')');g=h[0];wx=0;wy=0;Typ=s.split(':');if (Typ.length==3){StKo=s.split(':');ZiKo=g.split(':');wx=Math.abs(((StKo[0]% 10)*50+(StKo[1]% 10)*5+StKo[2]%5)-((ZiKo[0]% 10)*50+(ZiKo[1]% 10)*5+ZiKo[2]%5));wy=Math.abs((Math.floor(StKo[0]/10)*50+Math.floor(StKo[1]/10)*5+Math.floor(StKo[2]/5))-(Math.floor(ZiKo[0]/10)*50+Math.floor(ZiKo[1]/10)*5+Math.floor(ZiKo[2]/5)));}else{StKo=s.split('|');ZiKo=g.split('|');wx=Math.abs(StKo[0]-ZiKo[0]);wy=Math.abs(StKo[1]-ZiKo[1]);}w=Math.sqrt(wx*wx+wy*wy);tv.width='470';nr=document.createElement('tr');nh=document.createElement('th');nc=document.createElement('td');nc.colSpan='2';nc.innerHTML='Distance:';nr.appendChild(nc.cloneNode(true));nc.removeAttribute('colSpan');nc.innerHTML=w.toFixed(2)+' Fields';nr.appendChild(nc);nc=nc.cloneNode(false);tv.insertBefore(nr.cloneNode(true),z[z.length-1]);nc.height='10';nc.colSpan='3';nr.innerHTML='';nr.appendChild(nc);tv.appendChild(nr);nr=nr.cloneNode(false);nc=document.createElement('td');nr.appendChild(nc);nr=document.createElement('tr');nh.innerHTML='Unit';nr.appendChild(nh.cloneNode(true));nh.innerHTML='Duration';nr.appendChild(nh.cloneNode(true));nh.innerHTML='Name to';nr.appendChild(nh.cloneNode(true));tv.appendChild(nr);ie=tv.getElementsByTagName('input')[0].cloneNode(true);ib=tv.getElementsByTagName('input')[1].cloneNode(true);e=new Array('Scout','LC','HC','Axe','Sword','Ram','Noble');n=new Array('SCOUT','LC','HC','AXE','SWORD','RAMS','**NOBLE**');l=new Array(7.5,8.33,9.17,15,18.33,25,29.17);ie.size='36';for(var i=0;i<e.length;i++){t3=new Array();es=Math.round(l[i]*60*w);te='';t3[0]=Math.floor(es/3600);t3[1]=Math.floor(es/60)% 60;t3[2]=es% 60;for(var j=0;j<3;j++){if(t3[j]<10){te+='0';}te+=t3[j]+':';}te=te.slice(0,te.length-1);ie.value=n[i]+' ('+s+') '+a+' F'+w.toFixed(1);nr=document.createElement('tr');nc=document.createElement('td');nc.innerHTML=e[i];nr.appendChild(nc.cloneNode(true));nc.innerHTML=te;nr.appendChild(nc);nc=document.createElement('td');ie.id='editInput'+i;nc.appendChild(ie.cloneNode(true));ii=ib.cloneNode(true);ii.onmousedown=new Function('document.getElementById(\'editInput\').value=document.getElementById(\'editInput'+i+'\').value;');nc.appendChild(ii);nr.appendChild(nc);tv.appendChild(nr);}s();

20. SlowTarget

thanks for posting the video link - the script in the OP is an improvement of this script...

The differences between this one and that are

1. easier to adjust times between worlds
    2. Sent times shown
    3. Some bugfixes
    4. Works in IE!