Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
1597162488592.png
1597163109240.png

It would be great if village names could be auto corrected to be valid instead of rejected and reverted to the previous name.

For example: Frying Pan's Village corrected to Frying Pans Village. Still get an error message or warning message but the village is renamed to the corrected version.
For example: Frying Pan Warrior Is A Long Village Name truncated to Frying Pan Warrior Is A Long Vill. Still get an error message or warning message but the village is renamed to the truncated version.

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If it autocorrects what's the point of the warning message?

Surely a new player would get really confused because it would change it (removing a ' is really subtle) but still produce an error.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
It's pretty annoying when I'm naming villages and the entire name deletes just because I forgot there's no apostrophes allowed or I made it a bit too long.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It's pretty annoying when I'm naming villages and the entire name deletes just because I forgot there's no apostrophes allowed or I made it a bit too long.
Seems to me like that issue is better solved by leaving the village name field populated with the same invalid name you had previously put in, for quick editing.