Auto-redeem for premium

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Discussion' started by greenmonsta, May 29, 2012.

Share This Page

1. greenmonsta

greenmonsta Part of the Furniture

Well recently I got caught out. I have been abroad for a couple of months and I forgot that auto-redeem was active on my account. I came back to find that even though my village was taken just after I left, premium kept being used on the account.

I'm not sure how often this happens, but it is quite the oversight regardless. I'm hoping a fix of some sort can be implimented. For example, prem doesn't auto-redeem if you don't have a village.

2. Sunlighter

Sunlighter Guest

3. darkness117

darkness117 Well-Known Member

that's gotta be costly... how much did you lose? :L

4. greenmonsta

greenmonsta Part of the Furniture

Well I lost 2 months worth of prem, and apparently it can't be refunded which I find a bit dodgy. Surely it would be possible to track when my village was taken, when I last logged in, and how much prem I should get back.

But whatever, this is quite the glaring oversight that needs to be fixxed.

5. bobby turnip

bobby turnip Guest

6. harbinger297

harbinger297 Guest

I agree, if you don't have a village premium shouldn't auto-extend.

7. lonestar1

lonestar1 Guest

but what if the world was closed to new signups and you were auto deleted due to auto prem not kicking in you would lose access to that world

tbh if you going away for over 2 weeks you really should set a sitter

8. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Guest

I think he knew he wasn't coming back, and wouldn't have a village.
    This comment doesn't really apply here....

As much as I'm laughing Nami... I agree, shouldn't extend if you don't have a village to play....

9. lonestar1

lonestar1 Guest

my point was theres two sides to if premium should auto renew I was giving a scenario where it not renewing may have caused an issue

10. harbinger297

harbinger297 Guest

What? I don't think you understand the situation.

If someone has auto-extension the point is that their account won't barb naturally, only if it is nobled out. If someone is nobled out they are no longer in the game regardless of whether they had auto-extension or not, therefore should not pay premium as they are no longer in game. (How can they be playing without a village?)

I think you have somewhere got confused about auto-extension and deletion; his account didn't auto-delete due to inactivity, he was nobled but the premium payments didn't stop.

Half the point of premium in the advertisement for it is that you won't be deleted due to inactivity, so your point about "you should set a sitter" is technically irrelevant to the argument (tactics and what-not are non-inclusive here).

11. lonestar1

lonestar1 Guest

nope I think your the one who doesnt understand

If you know about what happens leading upto world ending one stage is where new registrations are no longer allowed yet if youve been nobled out you can still restart. Without auto renewing premium after 14 days an account will be removed from the world requiring fresh registration which at that stage isnt possible. (Thats an example for when not having autorenewing premium would be bad)

PS The above is a general observation at no point have I said it happened to the OP

Theres a tick box setting auto-renew if you dont want it to just untick the box

TBH I dont know why folk dont do this anyway after all who wants to renew premium if your not actually playing the game at the time ? I must save myself 3-4 hours of premium each month by letting it expire and activating it next time I log in - yes not a massive cash saving but every little helps 8->

12. DruidEarth

DruidEarth Contributing Poster

Lonestar, what about the point where restarts are no longer possible?

If you get nobled once restarts have ended, but your premium just keeps getting redeemed until the world finally ends, you're completely out of luck. You can log in, but you can't get past the first screen to even change the auto-redeem settings.

13. SirEwok

SirEwok Guest

Surely in the hypothetical situation that you know restarts are no longer possible and you notice you're getting rimmed (which is quite hard to miss) then it's your own stupid fault for not unclicking the box.

14. DruidEarth

DruidEarth Contributing Poster

It's quite possible someone wouldn't pay attention to that what with everything else going on, or they might simply forget.

15. SirEwok

SirEwok Guest

:)

16. Asylum Escapee

Asylum Escapee Contributing Poster

I hardly think its reasonable to blame the player in such a situation. Though I have never used the button myself, I see no reason to risk my money to save making a few clicks every month

17. harbinger297

harbinger297 Guest

Hardly. It's not exactly broadcast that if you are rimmed your premium payments will continue, is it? I didn't even know that. Were you aware of that? How did you know that?

If the player was informed at some point about how the system works, then sure call them "stupid", but it's not stupid to guess that if you are ejected from the game that your premium payments would stop. Or rather, I wouldn't have guessed it from Inno, I don't know if it's an oversight or intentional, but they are usually pretty straightforward and fair about money matters.

18. SirEwok

SirEwok Guest

(quoting the important bit).

But you arent ejected from the game though. If you were, then you'd have to create a new account every time you got rimmed. Getting rimmed is more a 'removal of progress so far; start again' type scenario. Like respawning in Battlefield. So, if you understand that the account still exists then the phrase 'No account deletion due to inactivity' that is in the help wiki and in several places on these forums should surely refer to all stages of the account life and not just certain stages.

19. harbinger297

harbinger297 Guest

Not really. If you want to compare it to "re-spawning" then it would be a case of:

"paying per minute you are in the game, being killed, going back to the main menu, but because you didn't "deselect" in the character menu during the game (which you can no longer access as you backed out and went to the main menu) it continues to pay per minute until you disable your account entirely, assuming that you notice before you are broke that it was still paying. At which point you have to contact legal services and have a big drama where they throw some clause at you preventing you from getting a refund."

You sound like a Microsoft supporter. :icon_confused:

It's not uncommon for people to be rimmed and walk away from the account/world just as it is, "wash my hands of it" kind of thing, since the account is dead. They should however, then be able to come back in a few weeks, months, whatever and use their premium on the next world.

When you are rimmed you are usually faced with the restart direction page, not the account page. Therefore it is not stupid to assume that it would mean your account is dead, as it's the same page you have when you start *before you put your premium into it*. What if people don't want to play the world again? It's not unlikely they would, once rimmed, assume their account is dead, that's it, done.

Besides surely even you realize how ridiculous your point is assuming that people who don't even know the forums exist or wiki exist (I have met plenty who don't know either) will understand the legality of the phrasing in the contract and advertising? Rather than insulting people for being "stupid" it would be better to help them understand. No-one will understand the situation if it isn't explained to them.

20. Choco Death

Choco Death Contributing Poster

Join a new world and untick the box...

Or move the premium to another account.