Auto Updating Maps

DeletedUser108587

The pictures on my server are gone after a while i placed them! Why is this happening?

I use [*img]dropbox link after deleting dl=0 and adding raw=1[/img] \

Should i do anything else?

DeletedUser108587

Can you also provide me the links for GR34 and GR33. I would be really grateful to you if you did

A Perfect Circle

Thank you, I really enjoy looking over the world maps while im waiting on troops or resources. I am extremely happy to have them back!

Chickencatch

Reaction score
Code has been completely re-written today. Many of the things I previously said were impossible are now possible.

Changed the sidebar to be more like nickjers maps.
Markers are now a fixed size on any map.
Top Noblers map no longer uses the top tribes map as the background and now ranks them based on #villages nobled. Will swap this to #points soon.
The markers for the nobled villages on Top Noblers look a lot cleaner.

Still need to play around with the fonts and colours a bit.

I am having a slight issue with the code crashing mono itself (SIGSEGV in native code) after updating ~50 servers, so it may take a while for the update to get through to the foreign servers. Will try to work out why this is happening or find a fix over the next few days.

DeletedUser61336

If you want, I can give you the font files nickjer was using. Overall nice progress lately. :)

Chickencatch

Reaction score
That would be useful, thanks.

I'm not sure how much of the problem is the font and how much is the raspberry pi, since if you look at the following:

[spoil]
TribeDominance.png

TribeDominance.png
[/spoil]

There is a clear difference in quality, but the only difference is that the first was produced on the Raspberry pi and the 2nd on my more powerful pc running windows. The issue with the shadows is still there on the 2nd image, but it isn't as bad, and the font rendering is significantly better on the 2nd.

DeletedUser61336

Are you perhaps scaling after writing the text? I'm assuming so, but still. Having a computer calculating a more precise scaling would always be better overall. Although that is a pretty big difference.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know where to contact Chickencatch? The account hasn't been online since August 22nd.. :icon_neutral:

Chickencatch

Reaction score
I don't hang around on the .net externals much and it seems that I hadn't set them up to email me about new PMs, so apologies to everyone I hadn't replied to.

I am aware of some issues with the updates, the german servers seem to be taking too long to update and so other servers aren't even starting. I should have a lot more time to look into this from tomorrow onwards, but this has been temporarily fixed by moving the german servers down the update list.

Chickencatch

Reaction score
I made some changes to how the updates are done a few days ago and they have been going more smoothly now, most servers are updating on schedule - there are a few german ones that are still causing problems which I am trying to track down.

Chickencatch

Reaction score
It's been a while since I last posted here, I have been very busy over the last year as it was the final year of my physics degree. Now that it's over, I once again have time to be working on things like this.

I have now made a website where you can find all of the maps - new worlds and servers should appear on there when they open for pre-registration. Let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions for this.

I have recently migrated the map production to a new server - this has increased the quality of the maps, and made the updates a lot more stable. Currently, the server is only on during the day and so updates will only occur 2-3 times per day, but in less than a fortnight it should be running 24/7 and updating every 4 hours.

I will soon start working on admin controls for the maps, such as resizing and changing colours, and also family tribes. It shouldn't take long to make this possible, but it will take a while to make an interface and get a server running to allow other people access.

I am thinking of saving one map per day, probably recent conquers, and stitching them together into a video as the world progresses, so that people can look back over the history of the world. I don't know whether there will be enough storage space on the dropbox account for this yet, but I am going to try it.

Chickencatch

Reaction score
Due to dropbox changing their hosting policy regarding HTML files, I have moved the map hosting to my own website, www.twmaps.co.uk. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to keep the old dropbox links working, so anyone who has posted the maps will have to update the links. I have updated my posts with.

elzedascouves

All the maps from all the servers stopped updating. Did you abandon the project or have you just been busy and dont have the time to fix it?

Chickencatch

Reaction score
I only became aware they had stopped recently, and have just fixed them. Let me know if they go down again, I no longer play so am not actively monitoring them.