azteca vs. show

Kekua

Reaction score
Seams like SHOW have some hard stacks there, ODA and ODD difference is rather big.

SHOW, are you boys turtling up? :D

mamfrog

Reaction score
I'll share my thoughts as one of the vanquished .ro players (I am not currently playing mamfrog). Show beat us about as fairly as anyone can ( not that .ro is done fighting), but we lost over the last month not the last few days. The op just capitalized on weakness that were already present. When we lost Sadassa and Fame, we lost control of some of our most important villages. No one stepped up enough to fix that problem. I'd guess it was partly because we no longer saw a path to winning the server. Others did more than I, but ultimately we did not have a deep bench. When my co lost interest, just managing my account competently-ish used up most of my tribal wars time. During this weeks op. I did not have the free time to figure out where support was needed and when it was not asked for in an organized way, I kept most of my troops home. I think that was the case for some of our other players as well. We played this game as individuals, and we lost like a team of strong but uncoordinated plays should in the international tournament.

IMO Shows attack was not executed with the same excellence as they defended their front in earlier stages of our war. But, it did not need to be.

Other reasons for our defeat have less to do with Show. Although, almost everything important was discussed in both Romanian and English, the language barrier was a constant challenge. We lost 3 key accounts to bans. I am not in position to judge the fairness of those bans, but I would love to learn why injustice was allowed to keep playing while the Fame account was not? I am under the impression they did the same thing. Are we allowed to talk about this? I feel that it important to the games integrity that this is somewhat explained. Secret courts do not foster justice. TBH though, I am not sure the player playing fame did not want to be banned. Unless you’d care to disabuse me of that notion?

I wonder still if we had simply ignored Show and nobled around them if that would have led to victory. Sending nukes into stacks accomplished little. And, Show used different tactics at a more advantageous time to defeat us.

It remains to be seen how much defeating us helps Show. Aztecs, unlike .ro, are not only half interested in the game. Moreover, I doubt Show could survive another two front war now that they have a much larger front line to secure. Although, Shows activity and skill were impressive to me (an intermediate tribal wars player in my own view) their accounts are not all equally well managed. Moreover, a prolonged stalemate between Aztecs and Show would be almost as damaging as a loss for both sides. It also appears to me that a victory for either side would still leave them in an uphill battle to win the server

I have never played on a Romanian team before. Although I have heard a lot of allegations of cheating in the larger community, I never heard anyone advocate breaking the rules in the tribe. Someone trying to get me to betray .ro, early on, did say that Show “had better scripts” which I thought was an illusion to cheating, but even if that player was honest in his belief, and I was correct in my interpretation of his remarks, I would not regard that as compelling evidence of misconduct.

To conclude, Ro had problems working as a team and was unable to recover from 3 accounts being banned + general activity issues. Show played excellent defense and well enough on offense to beat us. I would not be surprised to see Show win the server. However, If either team does win the server it will be only after an impressive uphill battle, and I could see them facing problems similar to what we faced if things get more challenging for them again. On another note, it will be interesting to me to see how Show interacts with its client tribes going forward. Noobs are you guys backing Show to the end?

Anyway, I’ll be rooting for whoever wins this war to win the server.

Last edited:

Gafiam

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I'll share my thoughts as one of the vanquished .ro players (I am not currently playing mamfrog). Show beat us about as fairly as anyone can ( not that .ro is done fighting), but we lost over the last month not the last few days. The op just capitalized on weakness that were already present. When we lost Sadassa and Fame, we lost control of some of our most important villages. No one stepped up enough to fix that problem. I'd guess it was partly because we no longer saw a path to winning the server. Others did more than I, but ultimately we did not have a deep bench. When my co lost interest, just managing my account competently-ish used up most of my tribal wars time. During this weeks op. I did not have the free time to figure out where support was needed and when it was not asked for in an organized way, I kept most of my troops home. I think that was the case for some of our other players as well. We played this game as individuals, and we lost like a team of strong but uncoordinated plays should in the international tournament.

IMO Shows attack was not executed with the same excellence as they defended their front in earlier stages of our war. But, it did not need to be.

Other reasons for our defeat have less to do with Show. Although, almost everything important was discussed in both Romanian and English, the language barrier was a constant challenge. We lost 3 key accounts to bans. I am not in position to judge the fairness of those bans, but I would love to learn why injustice was allowed to keep playing while the Fame account was not? I am under the impression they did the same thing. Are we allowed to talk about this? I feel that it important to the games integrity that this is somewhat explained. Secret courts do not foster justice. TBH though, I am not sure the player playing fame did not want to be banned. Unless you’d care to disabuse me of that notion?

I wonder still if we had simply ignored Show and nobled around them if that would have led to victory. Sending nukes into stacks accomplished little. And, Show used different tactics at a more advantageous time to defeat us.

It remains to be seen how much defeating us helps Show. Aztecs, unlike .ro, are not only half interested in the game. Moreover, I doubt Show could survive another two front war now that they have a much larger front line to secure. Although, Shows activity and skill were impressive to me (an intermediate tribal wars player in my own view) their accounts are not all equally well managed. Moreover, a prolonged stalemate between Aztecs and Show would be almost as damaging as a loss for both sides. It also appears to me that a victory for either side would still leave them in an uphill battle to win the server

I have never played on a Romanian team before. Although I have heard a lot of allegations of cheating in the larger community, I never heard anyone advocate breaking the rules in the tribe. Someone trying to get me to betray .ro, early on, did say that Show “had better scripts” which I thought was an illusion to cheating, but even if that player was honest in his belief, and I was correct in my interpretation of his remarks, I would not regard that as compelling evidence of misconduct.

To conclude, Ro had problems working as a team and was unable to recover from 3 accounts being banned + general activity issues. Show played excellent defense and well enough on offense to beat us. I would not be surprised to see Show win the server. However, If either team does win the server it will be only after an impressive uphill battle, and I could see them facing problems similar to what we faced if things get more challenging for them again. On another note, it will be interesting to me to see how Show interacts with its client tribes going forward. Noobs are you guys backing Show to the end?

Anyway, I’ll be rooting for whoever wins this war to win the server.

Regarding leaving the ban I don't really have much to say but persistence and interest to continue playing in the world... Considering the punishment of 50% of the villages and nobles of the account it is clear that something was wrong there, but after keeping in touch with the support for more than a week Injusticed Hero managed to leave the ban with that punishment. From what they said during the conversation it seemed like it is not a special case considering how they worded it when the account was finally unbanned.

As for us having better scripts, as I already said before, I think these brazilians who were with you at the start were just butthurt for losing the world 100 of the Br server to us... We don't have anything exceptional regarding scripts '-' Fyi they were the ones that lost the world really fast due to use of bots and ilegal scripts...

Last edited:

WildlingInvader

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
giphy.gif