Bans and punishments

Discussion in 'Ingame Moderation Discussion' started by naomin, Oct 19, 2014.

Share This Page

1. naomin

naomin Still Going Strong

With a recent ban I was told the following by an ingame mod.

I'd like to know more of how the severity of this punishment is decided, and whether some rules that are broken are given harsher punishments than others.

To me the rules exist to ensure fair play for all players, by preventing account pushing or accounts gaining unfair advantages over others. Is the severity of the punishment linked to how much harm a rule breaker caused to other players on a world or how much of an advantage they gained by breaking the rules?

Or is it a math equation, like always 40% of your total points or something?

2. DeathFortress

DeathFortress Non-stop Poster

It seems to be 30% of your total points.
    It is decided by what rule you broke.
    After accepting punishment, it will take 24 hours before you can log back in.

P.S. don't bother appealing as they will not listen to a single word you say :)

3. Asylum Escapee

Asylum Escapee Contributing Poster

It depends on the offence and the mods have a great deal of freedom in applying the rules. They may reduce your punishment if any extenuating circumstances are involved. Some offences like multi accounting or sitter abuse, if severe, will generally result in a ban from the game world. Other offences such as unintentional sit/shared connection violations will result in a % of villages being barbed.

As for appealing, if you ask cheaters they will tell you that the mods are harsh, which is a good thing. They are very experienced in seeing through your garbage excuses and one you start making them you'll lose all chances. If you are polite and explain your situation without being sarcastic or ride, the moods will often be lenient, assuming you didn't do something stupid like intentionally ruining an account.

4. Asylum Escapee

It depends on the offence and the mods have a great deal of freedom in applying the rules. They may reduce your punishment if any extenuating circumstances are involved. Some offences like multi accounting or sitter abuse, if severe, will generally result in a ban from the game world. Other offences such as unintentional sit/shared connection violations will result in a % of villages being barbed.

As for appealing, if you ask cheaters they will tell you that the mods are harsh, which is a good thing. They are very experienced in seeing through your garbage excuses and one you start making them you'll lose all chances. If you are polite and explain your situation without being sarcastic or ride, the moods will often be lenient, assuming you didn't do something stupid like intentionally ruining an account.

5. DeathFortress

DeathFortress Non-stop Poster

double post. obvs never had to deal with the mods before

6. Asylum Escapee

Actually I've been banned several times and managed to successfully appeal.

7. BlueTattoo

BlueTattoo Contributing Poster

I was banned once and appealed it; after some discussion, my ban was lifted with no punishment. It really does matter what the reason for the banning was. And, I really do think it matters what your attitude is when you request an appeal.

8. Volga

Volga Contributing Poster

Totally agree.

9. ALessonInPointWhoring

ALessonInPointWhoring Contributing Poster

Appealing is definitely worthwhile, I'be been banned twice in the past seven years, both times I appealed and got unbanned.

10. DreamSweeper

DreamSweeper Contributing Poster

Tempted to get you infracted for that double post ;)

11. crimsoni

crimsoni Contributing Poster

Take that shit to trial.

[video=youtube;AJhrtCa4JyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJhrtCa4JyI[/video]

12. Tampara

Tampara Non-stop Poster

appeals of bans are possible if the staff woke up in a good mood, but if it is related to you attacking a mate of twstaff then forget the possibility to appeal. The corruptionlevel have always been high. This is more visible the better your position in the game is.

13. Lord micki420

Lord micki420 Active Member

Almost feels like they just read what you say as far as an appealing a ban goes and just doesn't do much. I think they flip a coin. Heads you are approved your appeal, tails = denied.

I would like to know their process of approvals and denials.