Contributors
N/A
Quickbar Entry
javascript:$.getScript('https://twscripts.dev/scripts/barbsFinder.js');
Public?
Public
Barb Finder with Filtering

Approved t13981993

This is a barb finder with filtering script. It can be ran from everywhere practically.

Screenshot_1.png

This is how it will look to the end user:

Screenshot:

This script can be used to have a list of barb vills near the current village and to find barbs inside given parameters, example if you want to find all barbs inside a 20 fields radius, bigger then 1k, etc.

Or you could also use this to noble big barbs, so you could use this script to easily find big barbs on the map (barbs are tasty ... but not for everyone's taste probably so your choice at the end how you use this script).

Changelog:
-v1.1: Script is now translation-ready.

For suggestions, bugs, or if you need help using this script please reply on this thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    189 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Upvote 5

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score

leo2200

Reaction score
Thanks for the Script. Really awesome!!
I'm kind of new to this, could you clarify how the sequential scout works ?
I add to the quick bar; click ; send the prepared attack then click again ? By doing so I will eventually send a scout to every village on the list ?

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
You need to add the sequential scout script on the quick-bar.
Then go to the rally point and run the script. The script will fill unit amounts and destination village coordinate. Then click Attack and then Send.
You will be redirected again to the rally point screen, repeat the above procedure for as long as there are still coordinates to be scouted. You will know when you have sent to all the villages because this message will be shown to you "All villages were extracted, now start from the first!".

Boris Bobkov

Reaction score
I can't get this script to work on word 133. When trying to run it, I get the error message "Error: Error fetching map/village.txt"
Anyone know why this occurs?

Say Bye

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I can't get this script to work on word 133. When trying to run it, I get the error message "Error: Error fetching map/village.txt"
Anyone know why this occurs?

The map is too big for the script, we have the same issue on the 240k village hu Classic V1

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
The map is too big for the script, we have the same issue on the 240k village hu Classic V1
240k villages?

Im afraid with that amount of villages even gzipping villages wont help.

Might have to look into saving villages into some other browser storage which has bigger limits.

xXHanSoloXx

Reaction score
240k villages?

Im afraid with that amount of villages even gzipping villages wont help.

Might have to look into saving villages into some other browser storage which has bigger limits.
i was just about to ask about this same thing, is there any known work arounds for it yet?

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
The twSDK library which is the core running these scripts has been updated to the v0.8.0.

The new version includes a fix for saving big amounts of data (villages.txt files for example) into browser memory, utilizing now IndexedDB not localStorage anymore.

This means that the scripts suffering from this issue (which in total were 16 scripts of mine) should now all work.

From what I was able to check, the scripts still work correctly after the library update, however if you encounter any issues pls let me know.

FAQ

Does this change how and where world config data is saved on memory browser?

No. The library change is only related to where the data from these 3 data files (villages.txt, player.txt, ally.txt) is saved in browser memory.

Will this update solve the same issue that could be happening on other scripts on big worlds such as en133?
No. Not unless these scripts utilize the twSDK library method to fetch data from the game. If they have their own implementation then this library update does not change anything for these scripts, so the issue might still occur.

Last edited: