Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Read me + W56 settings

Forum rules can be found here: http://forum.tribalwars.net/announcement.php?f=8
You obey them.

Game rules can be found here: http://www.tribalwars.net/rules.php
You obey them too.

Also, anyone thinking it'd be fun to spam the section into pieces because the world isn't released/nothing fun happens in the world will be sent, with alot of violence, into the otherlife.

Anyone thinking the language/insults rules don't apply to them will be clothed up in pink fluffy bunny suits and deported to an isolated island in the Pacific Ocean without internet access!

That's like... All. Just behave, aight?

DeletedUser656

Settings

Speed: 2.0
Unit speed: 0.6
Paladin: Yes, without weapons
Archers: Yes
Church enabled: No
Noble system: Cheap Packets (rising costs)
Morale: Points and time based
Bonus villages: Yes
Barbarian villages: Grow very slowly to 800 points
Tech system: 10 levels per unit
Beginner protection: 5 days
Tribe limit: 100
Other info: Players can choose their starting direction. There will be an attack and support gap of 100ms. Hauls are disabled. Customized starting building levels.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
And, to answer the regular question about Smithys on 10-tech worlds:

- The Smithy Level of attacking troops is the level of their home village at the time the attack hits, not at the time the attack was sent.

- The Level of defending troops is the level OF THE VILLAGE BEING DEFENDED at the time the attack hits. The level of research in their "home village" doesn't matter. If the village being supported hasn't researched a particular unit, they count as Level 1.

DeletedUser

So, lately I've been noticing some false rules have been going around, and being believed. In addition, some rules need clarification. Because of that, I've decided to make a thread dedicated to answering all questions about rules, clarifying them, and helping people understand them. Any questions about the rules can be asked here, so you are not infracted. Any questions you don't want to ask here can be mailed to me of course. Here are some of the most commonly broken rules according to what I've seen, some false rules I've seen going around, and rules that need clarifying:

Question: Is the use of the word "shit" allowed?
[spoil]Answer: The use of the word "shit" is not profanity in itself. However, when used in excess, I will warn a player. This is still a kid-friendly forum, and I don't want players continuously using profanity that's not infractable to an obscene degree, because it doesn't help the atmosphere at all, and can even be flame-baiting in some cases. Also, the word is not allowed when referring to another player. In that case, it is insulting other members, and can be punishable.

Allowed: That shit sucks. (When referring to an unfortunate event).
Not Allowed: You are useless shit. (When referring to a player).[/spoil]

Question: Is "crap" allowed, at least?
[spoil]Answer: Yes, the word crap is allowed so long as it's not used to insult other players, such as calling them a piece of crap. However, the word itself is fine in a general context. For example, "crap, that sucks" is allowed when discussing an unfortunate event, but saying "You are a piece of crap" is not allowed :).[/spoil]

Question: What about asshole?
[spoil]Answer: The same rules apply to "asshole" as shit. Don't use it in excess, don't use it as a pronoun for other members or in an insulting way, and don't use it in any way to refer to sexual acts, as that is over the line.[/spoil]

Question: And does the same apply for bitch/bastard?
[spoil]Answer: Use of these words is infractionable in the same context as "shit".[/spoil]

Question: Is the f-word allowed in acronyms?
[spoil]Answer: This is one of the most common mistakes users make, and one that can be easily avoided. The rules explicitly state that anything that can be easily and reasonably implied to refer to the f-word is punishable, even in an acronym.

Allowed: Almost nothing :icon_biggrin:.
Not Allowed: Wtf, lmfao, milf, f'ing, feck, and other shortened forms for the word.[/spoil]

Question: What are the rules for posting pictures?
[spoil]Answer: Pictures are not allowed to be larger than 640x480 pixels, unless posted in a spoiler. If you're unsure how big a picture is, you should check the image properties by right-clicking it and looking for the size. If that doesn't work, better safe than sorry, and you should post it in a spoiler :). Also, any profanity rules and other rules still apply when posting pictures.[/spoil]

Question: What are the signature rules?
[spoil]Answer: Signatures must be smaller than or equal to 700x80 pixels in size, when not spoilered. If placed in a spoiler, one can make the signatures equal to or smaller than 700x300 pixels in size. If you're not sure how big a signature is, you can always mail me, or do the math using the formula on the Rules Page. Also, all rules for posting pictures apply to signatures.

Also, please refrain from using any animated images in your signatures. They are not allowed. That includes animated emoticons, such as :lol:.[/spoil]

Question: What about extreme content in signatures/avatars/pictures?
[spoil]Answer: There won't be punishment for a picture that has the image of a weed plant in it unless it also has words/sentences in it that condone/glorify the use of it. If the image of the drug is alone, most of the time we will disregard it. If you're not sure about if a post is legal, or a signature/avatar, feel free to mail me and I'll let you know :).[/spoil]

Question: What is considered off-topic in a thread?
[spoil]Answer: Off-topic in a thread is considered to be when a player goes off-topic from the original intent of the thread. This is a huge thing to cover, so I'll do my best:

*Thread about war between A/B tribes on W56"

Player 1: Your stats are as bad as your war on X world where you lost against Y tribe.
Player 2: That was because of etc etc reasons and our tribe was etc etc.

This is allowed, obviously. When you discuss the players in each tribe, this is also allowed, but please be careful not to insult any players personally. You're only allowed to attack in-game skill. Also, if the thread becomes about one player, or it becomes out-of-hand in focusing on only one player, I will redirect the thread with a post, and if it persist, punish.

If a thread about A/B tribes fighting becomes a thread about C possibly intervening, that's fine. But if the thread becomes about C alone, then it's obviously not.

If a thread about A/B tribes fighting becomes a thread about C/D fighting, I will only allow posts if you can say how C/D fighting relates to A/B. And if it's a stretch, don't bother posting. I won't simply glance over it and say "Oh, he related it", I want to see legitimate reasons before I consider it any less than an attempt to grab at straws so you can spam :).

I do allow some spam, I am lenient. However, threads need to stay on-topic. Too much spam clutters the forums, and we don't want that. If you're going to spam, try to take it to GD in another thread.

Spamming a thread about the top 20 tribes by talking about players in each tribe is not allowed, because it generally derails the thread entirely, as opposed to war threads which tend to get back on track. Spamming a thread about top 20 players by talking about tribes is definitely not allowed either.

Any other questions or additions about spam/off-topic? Feel free to post here, and I'll add accordingly.[/spoil]

For now, that's all I can think of. However, if you have more questions, I will be happy to answer them in this thread or by private message, and I will add any worthy questions to this thread. The point of this thread (because believe me, I have a lot of things I could be doing rather than making such a long/cumbersome thread organized) is to keep the forums clean and easier to moderate. If it's easier for me, it's easier for you, and we can all move on with our lives easily :icon_razz:. So please, feel free to post/ask questions! However, any spam (and I mean any spam) will be removed and warned for, or infracted for. This thread is the one thread I won't tolerate any spam on :icon_razz:. So please be careful not to do that :).

Thanks,
u6s5l.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe you should put in a section about spam/off-topic, my only infractions are spam and off-topic due to accidentally going to far wide of the arc, it's always helpful to know how far each mod feels is off-topic for example:

*Thread about war between A/B tribes on W56"

Player 1: Your stats are as bad as your war on X world where you lost against Y tribe.
Player 2: That was because of etc etc reasons and our tribe was etc etc.

Some mods would consider it off-topic as it's not about A/B tribes, others wouldn't as it's about the players and their skills which is related to the A/B war.

Things like that.

DeletedUser8472

can I just applaud the magic of the arbitrary line in the sand here?

All these words are profane, as they all have a negative connotation. As to the specialized disallowed word, it happens to be the only example in http://forum.tribalwars.net/announcement.php?f=5&a=44. It's clearly implicated there that other profanity should be treated similarly. It does have the second nature of being arguably the most versatile of the lot too...giving it generalized special attentions in these types of situations.

But thanks, the elegant irony of this thread is pleasing.

Edit: I'm saying it's callous, on one hand you say you're filtering for an age group audience, but on the other logically that audience is part of the subset expected to take note of this thread. And all this just to say don't insult other members using profanity, which only implies it's fine to insult them otherwise. Sure it's up to the moderator's discretion to police these things, but that doesn't mean that a bit more tact can't be used.

DeletedUser

[SPOIL]can I just applaud the magic of the arbitrary line in the sand here?

All these words are profane, as they all have a negative connotation. As to the specialized disallowed word, it happens to be the only example in http://forum.tribalwars.net/announcement.php?f=5&a=44. It's clearly implicated there that other profanity should be treated similarly. It does have the second nature of being arguably the most versatile of the lot too...giving it generalized special attentions in these types of situations.

But thanks, the elegant irony of this thread is pleasing.[/SPOIL]

Much of the rules are left to the mods/staffs discretion to allow for special circumstances. If it wasn't, Morthy would be infracted for saying which words you aren't allowed to say.

DeletedUser

W00T, another Sticky. It's getting overstickied here.
Well, at least it's definitely a deserved sticky, thanks for clearing these points out..

DeletedUser

why is wtf not allowed? it is used by everyone and no one really views it as offensive.

DeletedUser

why is wtf not allowed? it is used by everyone and no one really views it as offensive.

That falls under the "mods discretion" I believe, for example:

"WTF do you think you are doing you moron?" - Not allowed.

"When my attack hit, I was like wtf but then I realized what I did." - Generally allowed.

But I'm not a mod, but that's generally the way I find it is.

Is ftw allowed ????

Ftw generally refers to "for the win" more-so than the definition you are thinking of, so I imagine it depends on the context like:

"I got loyalty 33 - 0 ftw! :)" - yes.

"I missed on loyalty so FTW :mad:". - I don't think so. Again not a mod, but this is generally how it is. Alot is common sense though, if its said in an aggressive way or with aggressive meaning it's usually not allowed, but if in jest or descriptive it usually has some leeway.

DeletedUser

Oh look, a sticky about ass holes and shit.

When would you ever use the word ass hole, if not to insult somebody? Unless you were actually talking about an anus I suppose.....

Also, regarding shit. I regularly use the word to describe the ability of players and tribes I dislike (or players and tribes I deem to be shit). Is that ok?

DeletedUser

Oh look, a sticky about ass holes and shit.

When would you ever use the word ass hole, if not to insult somebody? Unless you were actually talking about an anus I suppose.....

Also, regarding shit. I regularly use the word to describe the ability of players and tribes I dislike (or players and tribes I deem to be shit). Is that ok?

Well that's a bunch of asshole shit. :lol:

It's alright because I didn't aim it at any person. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Nope, this is still not allowed. I don't believe anyone will fall for that silly crap =)

DeletedUser

A phrase in some other language is allowed right ? *evil grin*

DeletedUser

I don't understand the obsession with swearing though, I personally feel if I swear in my post it completely ruins any valid point I was trying to make by showing that either:
A) I'm over-emotional and swearing in anger.
B) I can't express myself properly and communicate effectively, or
C) I haven't thought about what I'm trying to say enough.

All of which to me are reasons why someones post may be invalidated.

DeletedUser

I don't understand the obsession with swearing though, I personally feel if I swear in my post it completely ruins any valid point I was trying to make by showing that either:
A) I'm over-emotional and swearing in anger.
B) I can't express myself properly and communicate effectively, or
C) I haven't thought about what I'm trying to say enough.

All of which to me are reasons why someones post may be invalidated.

'He who speaks in anger, gets his voice heard, yet his words forgotten.'

Thank you for your addition to this topic, I entirely agree with you.

DeletedUser

I love how our new mod puts up rules/explanations (especially as w56 houses a lot of returning players/new players) and the first thing people feel like doing is testing them/making light of them. GG!