Basic Settings/Rules - Q&A

DeletedUser108339

Final outcome: I had to give up all rights to my old account - awards, everything, and start a completely new account with a new name.

I could normally only have done this after the 14 day period and when the new owner had changed the e-mail address. But fortunately, I had an alternative e-mail address from which to start the fresh account. I am still only allowed to operate one account per world, however, as expected.

Thanks to all at TW for their prompt help.

DeletedUser

I'll let this one slide, but for future reference you are not allowed to discuss moderating actions. That includes deleting posts, not just infractions/warnings/bans.

Let me quote the rule again:

Sensible does not mean on-topic. Sensible means:

sen·si·ble   [sen-suh-buhl] Show IPA
adjective
1. having, using, or showing good sense or sound judgment: a sensible young woman.
2. cognizant; keenly aware (usually followed by of ): sensible of his fault.
3. significant in quantity, magnitude, etc.; considerable; appreciable: a sensible reduction in price.

If the post is not significant, meaning it does not contribute to the thread at hand, it is not a sensible response. One word posts are not significant or contributions to a thread. If you wish to pick on my word choice, feel free, but...I think it's fairly clear :).

Read above.
Just trolling though this part of the forum and realised that there are times when one word can be on topic and would also be considered to be a significant response.

Example:

Existing post:
"So if John quit playing the xyz account, who is playing it now?"

My one word response:
Musological

This is both on-topic and significant.
Sorry Or-el... lol.

/Me hides...

DeletedUser

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a perfect solution to it. Better to avoid people hearing some one-word posts are allowed and others aren't and trying to take advantage of it. I don't punish if they are sensible; but it shouldn't be all that hard to add another word or two either :icon_wink:.