Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Forum rules can be found here: http://forum.tribalwars.net/announcement.php?f=8
You obey them.

Game rules can be found here: http://www.tribalwars.net/rules.php
You obey them too.

Also, anyone thinking it'd be fun to spam the section into pieces because the world isn't released/nothing fun happens in the world will be sent, with alot of violence, into the otherlife.

Anyone thinking the language/insults rules don't apply to them will be clothed up in pink fluffy bunny suits and deported to an isolated island in the Pacific Ocean without internet access!

That's like... All. Just behave, aight?

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Speed: 1.5
Unit speed: 0.75
Flags: Yes
Paladin: Yes, without weapons
Archers: No
Church enabled: No
Noble system: Packets
Morale: Points and unlimited time based
Bonus villages: Yes
Barbarian villages: Grow to 2000 points
Tech system: 3 level
Beginner protection: 3 days
Tribe limit: 50
Other info: Players can choose their starting direction. There will be an attack and support gap of 100ms. No fake limit. Hauls fully enabled.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I would just like to take a moment to make a few comments and notes to everyone. I would appreciate it if you would please take a moment to read this before posting. Opening new worlds is hectic, with lots of new posters and old posters alike. But I'd like us to transition smoothly- if such a thing is even possible.

First off. Just because there is no current mod listed does NOT mean that this forum is not being moderated. I am moderating it, and I will take action where appropriate. Do not think that breaking the rules will fly here.

I may edit this in the coming days as new situations arise.

DeletedUser

So, lately I've been noticing some false rules have been going around, and being believed. In addition, some rules need clarification. Because of that, I've decided to make a thread dedicated to answering all questions about rules, clarifying them, and helping people understand them. Any questions about the rules can be asked here, so you are not infracted. Any questions you don't want to ask here can be mailed to me of course. Here are some of the most commonly broken rules according to what I've seen, some false rules I've seen going around, and rules that need clarifying:

Question: Is the use of the word "shit" allowed?
[spoil]Answer: The use of the word "shit" is not profanity in itself. However, when used in excess, I will warn a player. This is still a kid-friendly forum, and I don't want players continuously using profanity that's not infractable to an obscene degree, because it doesn't help the atmosphere at all, and can even be flame-baiting in some cases. Also, the word is not allowed when referring to another player. In that case, it is insulting other members, and can be punishable.

Allowed: That shit sucks. (When referring to an unfortunate event).
Not Allowed: You are useless shit. (When referring to a player).[/spoil]

Question: Is "crap" allowed, at least?
[spoil]Answer: Yes, the word crap is allowed so long as it's not used to insult other players, such as calling them a piece of crap. However, the word itself is fine in a general context. For example, "crap, that sucks" is allowed when discussing an unfortunate event, but saying "You are a piece of crap" is not allowed :).[/spoil]

Question: What about asshole?
[spoil]Answer: The same rules apply to "asshole" as shit. Don't use it in excess, don't use it as a pronoun for other members or in an insulting way, and don't use it in any way to refer to sexual acts, as that is over the line.[/spoil]

Question: And does the same apply for bitch/bastard?
[spoil]Answer: Use of these words is infractionable in the same context as "shit".[/spoil]

Question: Is the f-word allowed in acronyms?
[spoil]Answer: This is one of the most common mistakes users make, and one that can be easily avoided. The rules explicitly state that anything that can be easily and reasonably implied to refer to the f-word is punishable, even in an acronym.

Allowed: Almost nothing :icon_biggrin:.
Not Allowed: Wtf, lmfao, milf, f'ing, feck, and other shortened forms for the word.[/spoil]

Question: What are the rules for posting pictures?
[spoil]Answer: Pictures are not allowed to be larger than 640x480 pixels, unless posted in a spoiler. If you're unsure how big a picture is, you should check the image properties by right-clicking it and looking for the size. If that doesn't work, better safe than sorry, and you should post it in a spoiler :). Also, any profanity rules and other rules still apply when posting pictures.[/spoil]

Question: What are the signature rules?
[spoil]Answer: Signatures must be smaller than or equal to 700x80 pixels in size, when not spoilered. If placed in a spoiler, one can make the signatures equal to or smaller than 700x300 pixels in size. If you're not sure how big a signature is, you can always mail me, or do the math using the formula on the Rules Page. Also, all rules for posting pictures apply to signatures.

Also, please refrain from using any animated images in your signatures. They are not allowed. That includes animated emoticons, such as :lol:.[/spoil]

Question: What about extreme content in signatures/avatars/pictures?
[spoil]Answer: There won't be punishment for a picture that has the image of a weed plant in it unless it also has words/sentences in it that condone/glorify the use of it. If the image of the drug is alone, most of the time we will disregard it. If you're not sure about if a post is legal, or a signature/avatar, feel free to mail me and I'll let you know :).[/spoil]

Question: What is considered off-topic in a thread?
[spoil]Answer: Off-topic in a thread is considered to be when a player goes off-topic from the original intent of the thread. This is a huge thing to cover, so I'll do my best:

*Thread about war between A/B tribes on W64"

Player 1: Your stats are as bad as your war on X world where you lost against Y tribe.
Player 2: That was because of etc etc reasons and our tribe was etc etc.

This is allowed, obviously. When you discuss the players in each tribe, this is also allowed, but please be careful not to insult any players personally. You're only allowed to attack in-game skill. Also, if the thread becomes about one player, or it becomes out-of-hand in focusing on only one player, I will redirect the thread with a post, and if it persist, punish.

If a thread about A/B tribes fighting becomes a thread about C possibly intervening, that's fine. But if the thread becomes about C alone, then it's obviously not.

If a thread about A/B tribes fighting becomes a thread about C/D fighting, I will only allow posts if you can say how C/D fighting relates to A/B. And if it's a stretch, don't bother posting. I won't simply glance over it and say "Oh, he related it", I want to see legitimate reasons before I consider it any less than an attempt to grab at straws so you can spam :).

I do allow some spam, I am lenient. However, threads need to stay on-topic. Too much spam clutters the forums, and we don't want that. If you're going to spam, try to take it to GD in another thread.

Spamming a thread about the top 20 tribes by talking about players in each tribe is not allowed, because it generally derails the thread entirely, as opposed to war threads which tend to get back on track. Spamming a thread about top 20 players by talking about tribes is definitely not allowed either.

Any other questions or additions about spam/off-topic? Feel free to post here, and I'll add accordingly.[/spoil]

For now, that's all I can think of. However, if you have more questions, I will be happy to answer them in this thread or by private message, and I will add any worthy questions to this thread. The point of this thread (because believe me, I have a lot of things I could be doing rather than making such a long/cumbersome thread organized) is to keep the forums clean and easier to moderate. If it's easier for me, it's easier for you, and we can all move on with our lives easily :icon_razz:. So please, feel free to post/ask questions! However, any spam (and I mean any spam) will be removed and warned for, or infracted for. This thread is the one thread I won't tolerate any spam on :icon_razz:. So please be careful not to do that :).

Thanks,
u6s5l.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Done editing and making sure it's up-to-date, feel free to ask questions now :).

hanibalii

What about hate, stupid and idiot?
eg I hate you
i hate that

Hes an idiot (non tw related)
Youre an idiot
Hes an idiot (a person on the externs)

Youre stupid
thats stupid (an idea by an externs member)
Thats stupid (anything else)

Go!
;)

And what about things like that on pm?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I hate you, or I hate that, is allowed in general.

If you refer to someone as an idiot, or stupid, then it is considered a personal insult and is not allowed :). If you are referring to something, as in an object (not a person or tribe) or a post as stupid, then it is not a personal insult and is allowed.

DeletedUser

Well considering that is it not allowed on the externals and the rules clearly state that you are not allowed to insult another player in game that is a stupid question.

I have a Question as well, in reply of Hanibalii's post could i say "are you stupid?" or would that be classed as a personal insult as it isn't really an insult more of a question. :)

DeletedUser

You didn't answer me fully :)

Because PMs are not my jurisdiction. Those are enforced by other mods, my sole duty is to enforce the forum rules on these forums. If you have a question about PMs, feel free to ask an elder moderator or a forum admin such as Jirki88 :).

Well considering that is it not allowed on the externals and the rules clearly state that you are not allowed to insult another player in game that is a stupid question.

I have a Question as well, in reply of Hanibalii's post could i say "are you stupid?" or would that be classed as a personal insult as it isn't really an insult more of a question. :)

It is classed as an insult, as you're insulting their intelligence rather than the quality or content of their post :).

hanibalii

How about - Your posts stupidity represents the intelligence of its writer

blablablablablabla

How about - Your posts stupidity represents the intelligence of its writer

Why waste such a precious sentence on someone who you think is stupid. But you're still aiming at the person intelligence by comparing it, I guess.

hanibalii

And what about pissed?
pissed off, piss off, piece of piss
3 examples

DeletedUser

As long as you're not comparing someone to piss, it's usually fine.

DeletedUser

Your just trying to find holes in the system, the general "thang" is not to insult other players, why say "piss off" when you are online and can click the X button and never have to read another thing they say?