battle?

shadzar

ok lets says you wish to attack an enemy. you will be X your enemy to attack will be Z.

Code:
AZB
CDE

X
now do you have to fight your way around or thru vllages C, D or E to get to your enemy Z?

or do you just walk past them straight to your intended target?

DeletedUser102

the army goes directly to the enemy through each field (each unit has its own time per field, and I think the army travels at the rate of the slowest unit, but only if all of them are sent in one attack)

shadzar

cool! i can throw away a whole days worth of calculations then and get back to building what i wanted to build. :icon_razz:

shadzar

BadMonkeyKK said:
Just wondering what takes a day to calculate...
a PHP file i was making to help me calculate troop effectiveness.

tried doing it in Lotus, but was to scattered to view.

so knowing i dont have to fight the way into my target but go straight to it i can do it simply in Lotus now. cause i dont have to figure in extra loses as i go around one village to get to the next...

DeletedUser2

what in the world are you calculating?

the time is done in a second and for the rest use the simulator.

flamydale

yh thats scary, otherwise some attacks would be imposssible especially if they were hours away. Go through like 10 villages

shadzar

hoodoo said:
what in the world are you calculating?

the time is done in a second and for the rest use the simulator.
not time exactly, but casualities getting to and from battle.

the simulator gives a good depiction of once being IN battle. but i wasnt sure of whether or not i would lose troops to and from it.

that is what i was trying to figure out.

a good percentage of extra personnel to take up any possible loses incurred along the way to battle.

so now i can just use Lotus with what i have from the simulator to plan on the defensive strength i wish to have when my protection period ends, and which type troops and how many, as well as how long it will take to make them and the resources required.

battle simulator doesnt do all that, and i dont like paper when i can just use Lotus or a script to do the math for me. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser36

Very often the simplest solution is the right one.

If you're not sure it's always a good idea to research or to ask _before_ you start doing stupid things :icon_wink:

shadzar

guybrush2608 said:
Very often the simplest solution is the right one.

If you're not sure it's always a good idea to research or to ask _before_ you start doing stupid things :icon_wink:
well i had the time while i waited for resources to roll in and was away from my internet connection. :icon_razz: