Been Hacked? Read how to stop it again

theoryz

Heres a question I have been wondering about for the last two years..

Why are IP addresses available to sitters? Isnt that valuable info for a hacker?

thegillotine

You should trust the people you let sit your account.

Besides that I don't really know why the IP info is available.

theoryz

You should trust the people you let sit your account.

Besides that I don't really know why the IP info is available.
You should be able to trust your tribemates and such, but how much can you really trust a screen name?

servy

Knowing the IP alone isn't all that big of a deal. Most likely there is just isn't any significant reason to prevent the sitter from seeing it.

theoryz

Knowing the IP alone isn't all that big of a deal. Most likely there is just isn't any significant reason to prevent the sitter from seeing it.
Thanks Servy. :icon_wink:

I was under the impression someone could 'hack' you with an ip address.

servy

It's an address, just like the address to your house. You'd need to know it if you planned on doing anything (whether or not it's malicious) but that doesn't mean that it is sufficient in and of itself. That is unless your computer is completely insecure with no firewall, antivirus, etc.

COBRACOILED

I may be missing it. But, is "hacking" against TW rules? If so, I have to report a hacking. And no, I haven't given my password out to any one and I have it stored in only one place.....my head. I would like to get the guy that did it! I have his "TW coordinates!" I would like to get my troops back, but that's probably not going to happen.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

marymarzs

i have a problems.. last night i was playing my account in world 43 then this morning when i log-in it said its a invalid password and i did not give any person with my password and i just play TW in my home... tell me what to do? how can i still recover my account?

pyker42

Check your email that you used to register the account. If you received notice that your accounts email address has changed, follow the prompt in the message that directs you to change the email back. After doing this, or if there is no email notifying you of a change in the email account for your tribalwars account, simply click the lost password prompt on the log-in screen.

marymarzs

i did that already and I also try to send lost password but no reply from the TW..

pyker42

Then you were looking on the wrong email account. You have two weeks to revoke a changed email address.

marymarzs

how come you say my email is wrong.. the email I use is only one and you said it was a wrong email. I can`t understand what going on to my account. .. how can I change my email? tell me what to do?

coz my another world is still ok i can still play in other world but in world 43 I can`t.

pyker42

Wait, you are playing two worlds with the same account?

Then I have no idea why you can log into one and not the other, unless, of course, you deleted your account from one world. However, it takes about 5 days for an account deletion to go through, so you should still be able cancel the account deletion by logging into W43.

Also, information like that is pertinent if you wish for people to help you here.

If you did not delete your W43 account, and you can't log into it, but you can log into your other world, I would suggest sending in a support ticket.

marymarzs

I only have 1 account in w43 my other account is in w46 but I can log-in into my w46 but in w43 I can`t it only says invalid password.. sending support ticket I already did that I send letter to the innogames support but until now theres no reply.. I did make a new account now to send message to my tribe that to inform them I cant log-in into my account so that they will know my situation..

2004 Artemis

Still Going Strong
I only have 1 account in w43 my other account is in w46 but I can log-in into my w46 but in w43 I can`t it only says invalid password.. sending support ticket I already did that I send letter to the innogames support but until now theres no reply.. I did make a new account now to send message to my tribe that to inform them I cant log-in into my account so that they will know my situation..
It it illegal to have two accounts on the same world. I would suggest contacting them through another medium, perhaps e-mailing or IM'ing them.

marymarzs

actually sir Artemis I only have 1 account in w43 but my problem is I cant access my account in w43 every time I enter it says invalid password but the last night still playing in w43 but when I woke up this morning in log-in it says invalid password.. so i created other account so that I can mail my tribemate about what happen to me and I also send mail to the innogames support about my problem..

2004 Artemis

Still Going Strong
actually sir Artemis I only have 1 account in w43 but my problem is I cant access my account in w43 every time I enter it says invalid password but the last night still playing in w43 but when I woke up this morning in log-in it says invalid password.. so i created other account so that I can mail my tribemate about what happen to me and I also send mail to the innogames support about my problem..
And as I said before, that (the bolded passage) is illegal.

marymarzs

i created a new its because I cant log in to my old account. this new account was just created this afternoon after I cant log in into my account this morning.. and I created also to be able to send a message to the innogames open ticket and also to inform my tribamates..

pyker42

Is the account name for W43 different from the account name for W46? If so, then are you sure you checked the right email address? You said earlier you only have one email account, yet, to have more than one account name in Tribalwars requires two different email addresses.

However, if you play both worlds under the same account name, send in a support ticket from your other world. (I would also suggest trying to use the "remember me" option when logging into your W46 account. This would prevent you having to re-enter your password every time you log in and will allow you to access every world that account is active on as well as join new worlds.