Been Hacked? Read how to stop it again

Danzo046

thats not exactly free :( i tried the free trial, but it wasnt as good as some of the free progrms...
you get something along those lines for free if you have the XL package but i dont know because my mum sorts it out.

ianh16

The only thing I'd like to add to this is buy a decent protection softwear, I brought Kaspersky Pure (in my opinion the best protection softwear avalible on the market) for 3 pc's for only £25 which may seem a lot but for 3 pc's protection it is cheap, it has built in back up, encription, virus/adwear/spywear/trojan/etc scaning features, it updates daily, has a built in encripted password manager and onscreen encripted keyboard, perental control. Basicly everything you would ever need to protect your home PC's and unless you have real enemies/have extreamly sensitive info I doubt that anyone would bother to hack though it's protection.

Also make sure to make yourself a boot disc once a month after perforimg full system and vunrability scans then back up everything onto an encripted external hard drive.

SirEwok

Make a new account and send in a support ticket.

Whilst you're doing that, if you play with any friends, have them send in a ticket for you.

Seagryfn

Contributing Poster
No. It is NOT NECESSARY if you were hacked to make a new account to contact support.
Just open a support ticket normally and read the instructions....
If you cannot access the account that has been hacked, there is a line in the support ticket that says:

"If you do not know or remember your username or password, please click here."

Use that if you don't have the password, and the support team will then contact you by email.

Also, please do not have your friends sent in tickets for you, as we cannot tell them anything.

SirEwok

Just using previous experience. I got one of my accounts banned from W24 because I guessed a tribemates password (with his consent) and a third party reported me.

One Last Shot

Contributing Poster
Hate to break it to you Ewok but that isn't hacking.

"I got one of my accounts banned from W24 because I guessed a tribemates password (with his consent)"

The fact that he gave you consent means that what you did had nothing to do with hacking; if anything it's closer to password sharing. So it has no relevance to this topic.

Also, that was a really dumb thing to do.

SirEwok

When did I say it was hacking? I said I was using previous experience.

Hacking is breaking into a computer system with malicious intent. What I did was akin to cracking.

One Last Shot

Contributing Poster
When did I say it was hacking? I said I was using previous experience.

Hacking is breaking into a computer system with malicious intent. What I did was akin to cracking.
Irrelevant experience in that case, meaning you are giving useless information akin to a toddler who goes in to random tangents during conversation or study.

warandchaos

Still Going Strong
Just neatened this up a bit, and updated with newer formatting which wasn't available when writing.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

fidel I

Non-stop Poster
Another thing people should do if they are worried about the safety of their accounts, is change their passwords daily.