Being Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean5500

Ok, I was waiting for a noble chain to come towards my village so I could attack and cancel the attack so I can snipe the noble chain (I have to since I only have 1 village) whilst having this set up I was looking through the tribe forums in a different tab.. then I suddenly get logged out and banned.

Immediately after that I appeal.

First Question: Will the noble chain take my village if I am still banned?

Second Question: Why does the tribal wars staff member who banned me just suddenly disappear as soon as my appeal goes through? He was online 5 minutes ago to ban me. I write my appeal and I get no reply. Is there some sort of system that means every ban appeal has to wait 2 days to be read.. because the same happened to me on another world and by the time I was unbanned the world was over for me.

Need answers.. mainly the first question because I know the second question is just me raging and trying not to call tribalwars staff all the names that come up in my head :p

TheSinisterGrin

Ok, I was waiting for a noble chain to come towards my village so I could attack and cancel the attack so I can snipe the noble chain (I have to since I only have 1 village) whilst having this set up I was looking through the tribe forums in a different tab.. then I suddenly get logged out and banned.

Immediately after that I appeal.

First Question: Will the noble chain take my village if I am still banned?

Second Question: Why does the tribal wars staff member who banned me just suddenly disappear as soon as my appeal goes through? He was online 5 minutes ago to ban me. I write my appeal and I get no reply. Is there some sort of system that means every ban appeal has to wait 2 days to be read.. because the same happened to me on another world and by the time I was unbanned the world was over for me.

Need answers.. mainly the first question because I know the second question is just me raging and trying not to call tribalwars staff all the names that come up in my head :p
First; I believe it will. Bans usually only protect villages from new attacks, not ones en route. Attackable bans are different, but more rare. If you're actually nice in your ticket, they may reverse the nobling, but I doubt it.

Second; because they have a life? Maybe their parents were in a car accident? Maybe they felt like getting drunk and went to get a 40? All staff are volunteer, save for a very select few (like Morthy), they have no set hours, no set times to be online. You should be happy that it doesn't take days to get back to you. The way I perceive the system to work, all in-game staff have a queue that they need to go through for appeals. As soon as they're done with one, the next in line comes up. Just because you were banned and right off the bat you send in an appeal doesn't mean that your appeal is the most important or the first in line.

DeletedUser82027

First; I believe it will. Bans usually only protect villages from new attacks, not ones en route. Attackable bans are different, but more rare. If you're actually nice in your ticket, they may reverse the nobling, but I doubt it.

Second; because they have a life? Maybe their parents were in a car accident? Maybe they felt like getting drunk and went to get a 40? All staff are volunteer, save for a very select few (like Morthy), they have no set hours, no set times to be online. You should be happy that it doesn't take days to get back to you. The way I perceive the system to work, all in-game staff have a queue that they need to go through for appeals. As soon as they're done with one, the next in line comes up. Just because you were banned and right off the bat you send in an appeal doesn't mean that your appeal is the most important or the first in line.
As much as i agree with this, There was really no need for the sarcasm. You could have just said, plainly, that there is a queue for appeals, and that his will be dealt with when they get round to it. Yes they are volunteers, But they also get compensated for their time, So in essence, they are employees.

Back to the point at hand.

I Have had this happen to me once, The attackers troops returned to the village they originated from, No harm done, And i was stripped of alot of villages. But, I think they changed the rule since people would try get banned to stop them selfs getting nobled. So now i am unsure.

As for the second one, You submit your ticket thing, but only the IG mod who caught you for cheating will be able to reply to you. Therefore, he/she could have quite easily logged of and gone to bed in the mean time. It is essential you keep your cool, or the punishments could get more serious!

Good luck!

TheSinisterGrin

As much as i agree with this, There was really no need for the sarcasm. You could have just said, plainly, that there is a queue for appeals, and that his will be dealt with when they get round to it. Yes they are volunteers, But they also get compensated for their time, So in essence, they are employees.
I think it is entirely necessary. Most people complain that mods aren't giving them enough attention, but few ever actually thank them for the job they do and realize how time consuming and stress intensive it can get. Sure, they get 'compensated', but the compensation isn't really worth the amount of abuse they get put through when things like this happen.

Quite honestly, if they're taking too long to respond, shut off the computer and go play a different game. Quit yer bitching, is more or less what I'm getting at when it comes to mods doing their job.

DeletedUser82027

I think it is entirely necessary. Most people complain that mods aren't giving them enough attention, but few ever actually thank them for the job they do and realize how time consuming and stress intensive it can get. Sure, they get 'compensated', but the compensation isn't really worth the amount of abuse they get put through when things like this happen.

Quite honestly, if they're taking too long to respond, shut off the computer and go play a different game. Quit yer [...], is more or less what I'm getting at when it comes to mods doing their job.
I did say I agreed. Just didnt think it was at all necessary to post :S Most people know what they do, what they have to put up with and how much work they get, for the little compensation.

However, this is a question forum, Where people are seeking support for their questions. Questions are generally things people dont know, Hence, they seek for the best way. I dont think he came here, intending to get a sarcastic remark, when you could have reversed it easily into a suitable answer. Just my opinion, of course. I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSinisterGrin

I did say I agreed. Just didnt think it was at all necessary to post :S Most people know what they do, what they have to put up with and how much work they get, for the little compensation.

However, this is a question forum, Where people are seeking support for their questions. Questions are generally things people dont know, Hence, they seek for the best way. I dont think he came here, intending to get a sarcastic remark, when you could have reversed it easily into a suitable answer. Just my opinion, of course. I could be wrong.
I don't think he did, but fair enough.

But as for my rebuttal, read his last paragraph.

DeletedUser82027

You just roll your eyes and get on with it! (chuckle) ! If he wants to be impatient, so be it. It will get him no where. He has his answer now though, at least.

madengineer

If you get banned, What makes you think you deserve for the noble train just to pass without damage to your account anway?
you where obviously doing something wrong. I also find it suspicious that you "Frequently" ask questions about bans.
I also think this thread will be locked due to discussion of bans.

sean5500

You just roll your eyes and get on with it! (chuckle) ! If he wants to be impatient, so be it. It will get him no where. He has his answer now though, at least.
Not impatient. I have only one village and I need to snipe the noble train coming in at me. I just think its a little unfair if I get banned whilst I've got a noble train incoming and by the time my appeal is read I've already been taken out of the game. Just a little bit frustrating, nothing to do with impatience.

TheSinisterGrin

Not impatient. I have only one village and I need to snipe the noble train coming in at me. I just think its a little unfair if I get banned whilst I've got a noble train incoming and by the time my appeal is read I've already been taken out of the game. Just a little bit frustrating, nothing to do with impatience.
If its a justified ban, you deserve to lose your village. If its a mod-error ban,, there's a strong possibility they'll reverse the nobling. The chance of it being a mod error is small, though.

sean5500

If its a justified ban, you deserve to lose your village. If its a mod-error ban,, there's a strong possibility they'll reverse the nobling. The chance of it being a mod error is small, though.
I got the same ban for the same reason on world 58 I was found innocent and unbanned.

TheSinisterGrin

Just because you got banned for the same reason doesn't mean that you didn't do what they caught you for wrong this time.

DeletedUser82027

If you get banned, What makes you think you deserve for the noble train just to pass without damage to your account anway?
you where obviously doing something wrong. I also find it suspicious that you "Frequently" ask questions about bans.
I also think this thread will be locked due to discussion of bans.
I find that you just jumped into the deep end here. It is far from obvious, Hence why TW made an appeal button, So you can try and justify your self. It isnt over till the fat woman sings, as the phrase goes. Aso, If he frequently asks about bans, It would possibly to be able to avoid them? Or just so he knows how to do things without getting banned. I dislike the way you just jumped into this and slandered it from head to tail.

I am not also saying that you are right, Sean. If you got banned, It is almost certain that you will have to accept a punishment, or have a perma. If you're lucky enough to keep your villages, points, Buildings or troops un harmed by the mods and/or the attacker, You did well. And, If you're aware you broke the rules, but are trying to hide it, Then yes, You deserve this. Like Sinister said though, If you do that well, Congrats.

sean5500

The reason is, I am completely innocent and twice getting banned. I have tried to post a question in the in-game moderator sub-forum but it has not been accepted. I just seem to get screwed over by in-game staff.

I started up playing again with my brother, we played world 57 and world 58 and used the shared internet connection feature but still got banned on both worlds for multi-accounting. So I don't fully understand what we can do if we want to play on the same world together.

TheSinisterGrin

The reason is, I am completely innocent and twice getting banned. I have tried to post a question in the in-game moderator sub-forum but it has not been accepted. I just seem to get screwed over by in-game staff.

I started up playing again with my brother, we played world 57 and world 58 and used the shared internet connection feature but still got banned on both worlds for multi-accounting. So I don't fully understand what we can do if we want to play on the same world together.
Not break the rules.

sean5500

Not break the rules.
I've read the rules carefully, no rules have been broken. I cannot discuss a ban but its because we shared an internet connection.. which makes me think.. whats the point in having the "shared internet connection" function if you still get banned using it.

sean5500

Not break the rules.
Looking at your forum join date and the way you speak you seem new to the game and wont fully understand. But all you need to know is that no rules have been broken and the correct procedures for sharing an internet connection have been put in place however the accounts still got banned.

Gamerdrw

Looking at your forum join date and the way you speak you seem new to the game and wont fully understand. But all you need to know is that no rules have been broken and the correct procedures for sharing an internet connection have been put in place however the accounts still got banned.
Seriously, who is this guy to be acting all uppity? :icon_rolleyes:

Btw, hi sean, remember me? :icon_surprised:

DeletedUser54677

I've read the rules carefully, no rules have been broken. I cannot discuss a ban but its because we shared an internet connection.. which makes me think.. whats the point in having the "shared internet connection" function if you still get banned using it.
You don't get banned for having a SIC. You get banned for doing something you're not supposed to be doing on a SIC. As I stated before, just because you were innocent before doesn't mean you're innocent now.

Happy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.