Being Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSinisterGrin

Regardless of what he does, direct insults aren't warranted, at least in this section of the forums. :/

sean5500

I cant believe you havent figured out we are flaming you and we dont care that you have been banned. I am sure you will get banned when future worlds are bought out and it wont be your fault. You are a noob that will never learn and blame others before blaming yourself for breaking the rules.
You tried to make me look like an idiot. It didn't work so you pretend you where trying to flame me. Sometimes you just need to not come back to this thread and leave it at that. I'm not going to try and make you look like an idiot because you made a valid point and mis-understood what I wrote but if you felt the urge to try and move the embarrassment elsewhere you only make yourself look like "a noob"

Narnu

It would seem like i hit a nerve. I didnt try and make you look like an idiot, you did that all by yourself and rather successfully too.

DeletedUser82027

Regardless of what he does, direct insults aren't warranted, at least in this section of the forums. :/
I told you that on the first page (think) hehe!

It would seem like i hit a nerve. I didnt try and make you look like an idiot, you did that all by yourself and rather successfully too.
Now, your just being plain rude. This is a question forum where people come to ask US things when they dont know themselfs. This guy, whether he is being 'stupid' or not, or whether he is a 'noob' or not was asking for our help in answering his question(s). Yes, some of his explanations are a big square, and some are completely backwards, but each of his replies have helped us understand his situation more none the less. If you think that coming onto a questions forum, where someone obviously is trying to justify them selfs and ask questions, and insult them - your being big and hard, then your mistaken.

I hate people who flame on question forums >.< :icon_evil:

Bloodfest

I have a question that I find unfair, I was #3 in the world on W29 named Bloodfest but I forgot my password and when I tried to get a new password sent to me I never got one. So I used another friends account and let people know and what happened I got banned even though I never once logged into my account and the person I was sitting got banned also. I tried sending a support ticket but no one has ever responded to me about allowing me since I know all the vital information about my account including the e-mail which does not work. Now my account on W29 has been deleted and I find that unfair and since I was so high up there I feel I should get compensated for playing so long and buying premium. If I get no response here I will see that I mean nothing to TW or does my money since they just let this happen and yes it is partly my fault for forgetting my password but if you know what I do for a living and all the passwords I had to remember and yes this was a new password. I still want to get someone to help me and if no one does soon I will start getting people to quit this game forever. Sorry about the threat but no one is paying attention to me and I feel that someone should.

TheSinisterGrin

Use the ticket system.

Also; sucks to be you. Shouldn't have taken over a new account before allowing the in-game staff to review and reply to your ticket.

DeletedUser94483

I was hoping this would be locked before i got here...But what sean is talking about is rather regular in some cases in tw....cant get into the whole bans things and i despise seans opinion so really hate that I have to be saying this but there should be an easier way to get ahold of a mod that bans you if they do it while you are online....

I think that if bans are to happen then the igms procedures should make it so they can not ban someone without being willing to stay on the hour or so a reply would take..Most of my family has quit tw because of being banned for multi accounting when we all used seperate computers...kind of sad looking back on it. I am still here though :) Really i hope this thread is locked by the time I finish writing this so no one can see the evidence of me backing sean up at all...

DeletedUser82027

I was hoping this would be locked before i got here...But what sean is talking about is rather regular in some cases in tw....cant get into the whole bans things and i despise seans opinion so really hate that I have to be saying this but there should be an easier way to get ahold of a mod that bans you if they do it while you are online....

I think that if bans are to happen then the igms procedures should make it so they can not ban someone without being willing to stay on the hour or so a reply would take..Most of my family has quit tw because of being banned for multi accounting when we all used seperate computers...kind of sad looking back on it. I am still here though :) Really i hope this thread is locked by the time I finish writing this so no one can see the evidence of me backing sean up at all...
I think i've read your suggestion of this somewhere else. I agree, the more urgent matters should be attended first. However it would be abused too much. If i got banned IG, and wanted to make it priority for the MOD's, when in all truthfulness, i'd take advantage of the 2 week break, I would just send in an 'urgent ticket'. It wouldnt be fair. Its more of a first come first serve basis. It doesn't always work, No system or human is perfect, but it gets the job done in the end.

Eventually, your issues will be resolved, but its the way it is im affraid :)

DeletedUser94483

It is not necessarily that I would want an urgent ticket method. I am sure mods dont sit there and ban that many accounts on a world all at the same time...So in all reality if they changed things up a little bit so ban appeals made it to the top of the pile for FRESH appeals that could get things fixed a bit faster....What I was basically stating is I do not believe a mod SHOULD ban an account and then log off....bans should be made when the mod has the proper time to actually deal with it or have someone else deal with it...

DeletedUser82027

It is not necessarily that I would want an urgent ticket method. I am sure mods dont sit there and ban that many accounts on a world all at the same time...So in all reality if they changed things up a little bit so ban appeals made it to the top of the pile for FRESH appeals that could get things fixed a bit faster....What I was basically stating is I do not believe a mod SHOULD ban an account and then log off....bans should be made when the mod has the proper time to actually deal with it or have someone else deal with it...
Going with your theory;
((For example purpose only, no actual facts here))

You using a bot and fail the bot protections method's that the mod uses, He/she bans you and sits there waiting for a response from you so it can get sorted out.
Fair enough.

1. You might not have been online at the time, so why should the MOD wait around for you?
2. You could have been hit by a car and not be coming back to TW for another year. Why should the MOD wait around for you?
3. They ban you, they see you're online, however, their kid's school rings and tells the MOD their kid has had an accident, Do you expect them to wait around?

Im just saying, it doesnt sound possible. There will -on the rare occasion- be times when both you and the MOD are online, but who's to say that the same mod isnt handling another Ban at the same time, putting your ban to the back, because others have replied first?

Though i do agree, the system is slow. If you have another reasonable suggestion, feel free :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSinisterGrin

I have one! Quit bitching about how it takes too long. People are lucky there is even an appeals system in place.

DeletedUser94483

that is reasonable you just happen to have alot of car accident examples...those are more rare incidents then what i am stating....When mods are on they are usually on for several hours at a time...(by several i mean 2 or 3)...But from the common complaint they ban and log off...

What i am stating is that since there is a team of ing mods per world..and since we are on that subject they can see you are online when they ban you...they do the ban when they log on and if they get an email from a banned account it pops to the top of the list not that hard...if several people are banned deal with each in order....not that hard..

At sinister the appeals system is there for players that might have been banned with no real reason...here is a perfect example.

While i was in the military i was in a communications(techy) shop. We all played games such as tw...all of our ips ran off the same server the only difference is in individual computers...Did you know that if we all get off work at the same time obviously one of the first things when you get home for avid tw players is to check your account. So 20 different accounts on the same ip are logging in at the same time every day...same day to day pattern...a mishandled ban there could do alot of damage individually or as a whole....mind you this falls under the whole 1 player 1 account multi account rule if you dont know the other guys are playing...so the appeals process is there for situations that are real...but i believe it should be faster....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser82027

I have one! Quit bitching about how it takes too long. People are lucky there is even an appeals system in place.
Your own words, Sinister.

that is reasonable you just happen to have alot of car accident examples...those are more rare incidents then what i am stating....When mods are on they are usually on for several hours at a time...(by several i mean 2 or 3)...But from the common complaint they ban and log off...

What i am stating is that since there is a team of ing mods per world..and since we are on that subject they can see you are online when they ban you...they do the ban when they log on and if they get an email from a banned account it pops to the top of the list not that hard...if several people are banned deal with each in order....not that hard..
I used 1 car accident example... :icon_confused:
Can you confirm they log off after making bans? To my knowledge, I dont see how you could find that out.
The simple fact is, whether your online or not, or whether they are going to be online within the next 10 minutes, if you're breaking the rules, why would they think (ohh we'll wait till he is online next to ban him, because we're nice) - no, you broke the rules, get banned. :)

DeletedUser82027

I would actually like to challenge this. How are we lucky? Humans make mistakes and hence, the appeal system. Elaborate on your statement above, please.

TheSinisterGrin

Your own words, Sinister.
What about my own words? It was a blanket statement, not directed at him. He's not the only person to rant about how it takes mods -forever- to read tickets and respond, and he sure won't be the last. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser94483

I am not saying wait until THAT player is online to make the ban i am stating wait until the MOD is online for longer then 5 minutes to make the ban..so appeals can be faster it is not always a rule breach but a thought of a rule breach....i believe players that break the rules deserve their punishments but mods are human as well...so players should not be punished for a mods mistake.

DeletedUser82027

I am not saying wait until THAT player is online to make the ban i am stating wait until the MOD is online for longer then 5 minutes to make the ban..so appeals can be faster it is not always a rule breach but a thought of a rule breach....i believe players that break the rules deserve their punishments but mods are human as well...so players should not be punished for a mods mistake.
I dont understand what way you're looking at this, Why would they wait to ban? If one or the other is known to be offline at the time of ban, or later, so what? They broke the rules! And if they didnt break the rules, The mod thinks they did! So they would still ban!

TheSinisterGrin

I would actually like to challenge this. How are we lucky? Humans make mistakes and hence, the appeal system. Elaborate on your statement above, please.
Just because a company or person makes mistakes doesn't mean they need to own up to them in a majority of cases. They could easily just ban you and say that if you didn't want to lose your account, you shouldn't have broken the rules or been doing suspicious behavior on your account.

The fact that they have a system in place to challenge that ruling is a testament to the fact that they are working with us as much as possible to reach understandings, and people rarely do anything but give mods shit.

DeletedUser82027

Just because a company or person makes mistakes doesn't mean they need to own up to them in a majority of cases. They could easily just ban you and say that if you didn't want to lose your account, you shouldn't have broken the rules or been doing suspicious behavior on your account.

The fact that they have a system in place to challenge that ruling is a testament to the fact that they are working with us as much as possible to reach understandings, and people rarely do anything but give mods shit.
I am not saying they dont get abused, I try not to abuse them as much as possible, But for you to say that we're lucky there is a system in place for players who are infact innocent is barbaric! You could say im using some suspicious things on my account because i have greasemonkey installed on my PC, doesnt mean im bannable for it.

Your comments are way out off target :p

Status
Not open for further replies.