Best Defensive Village Troop Build

SPIESAREGREAT

After reading defensive village build for quite some time.. I tend to still ask the question: "What is the best troop build for a defensive village?".

According to The Tribal Wars Wiki, it should be:

4,005 Spears
3,250 Archers
2,000 Heavy Cavalries
100 Scouts

Unfortunately, i found some weakness in this build and that is the number of scouts. It is very prone to scouting which is a bad thing for preparations against attacks.

I am not an expert in tribalwars nor a newbie. There are lots of experienced players here and i would like to ask for some inputs from all of you.

I would like to build the best defensive village. I want it to be 2+ full nukes destructable, fast rebuild time, and fast support transport from one village to another.

I have been hearing Spear + Swords + Heavy Cavalry combination but they don't supply the exact numbers.

What are you currently using as your core defensive build?

DeletedUser84663

1st off... at least you're trying to keep the forums rolling...

2nd... I'll answer the last question before I go further, I will not tell you what my defense build is, nor will most anyone that is not in your own tribe... It is just Taboo and to be blunt, stupid to provide that information.

3rd... There are many different combinations that can be used between the barracks and stable. Wiki's build is one of the better ones, but everyone is different. As for taking out 2 full nukes with 1 village, good luck. best defense for any attack is using that support button. Send yourself the defense needed or ask a tribemate to help out. You are not Han Solo and this IS TRIBALWars. The same goes with the scouts in the builds, if you are not comfortable with the number of scouts, then send some from another villa as support (or God forbid, make a scout villa w/ 10k+ scouts in it central to your clusters). They are the fastest troop to move around, ya know.

DeletedUser

Well said chachINcharge, I was thinking the same thing.

Personally I use a defense of 100k spears, 100k swords, 100k archers, and 50k HC. Mine can absorb 2 full nukes as well.

DeletedUser

:lol: I'm Sorry to Disappoint you but there is truly no set Defense builds, All are different and people use what they like the most Picking your defense would best to take into account your own situation. For example, Players not on a front line in war time could build say: "5000 swords 5000 spears 7000 archers 500 HC" Yes a long build but deadly and fast to rebuild when one is using spread support like a pro. But maby you only have 2 villages on a front line. A Long build like that is impractical. So they could opt for a faster build using more HC, One Common build is: "8-9000 Spears Rest HC" Faster to build until you have a nice cluster going. Honestly the uses for defense is huge. There is even an off nuke capable of defending: "7000 axe 600 LC 2000HC 250 Ram 20 Cat" this has its uses with new solo front line villages. Then you could have 2000-2500 Cats in a village good for pally support with the cat weapon "Aletheia's Bonfire-Increases the damage of your catapults during an attack by 100% and the fighting power of the catapults in the defense tenfold." 850+ cats count as one defense worth village. there is way to many to simply have a best :icon_eek:

swordalchemist

if u want the answers ,,,then go to the general section.....there are loads of threads about defensive builds....guides...and many stuff which could help u in the game or just use the search button....personally i would say its pointless to start another discussion about troop builds....cuz if u havent noticed....out of the 50 + worlds....there has been hundreds of posts about this....:icon_eek:

SPIESAREGREAT

Then you could have 2000-2500 Cats in a village good for pally support with the cat weapon "Aletheia's Bonfire-Increases the damage of your catapults during an attack by 100% and the fighting power of the catapults in the defense tenfold." 850+ cats count as one defense worth village. there is way to many to simply have a best :icon_eek:

A pure cat build? Is this really effective?

@swordalchemists: Yes there are alot of threads about this in other worlds but not here. And come to think of it, i found a new idea of building a pure cat defensive village. Isn't that great?

DeletedUser

I just build all scouts. No one ever gets a report, thus never attacks. My entire Def OD is based on people trying to scout me. Works like a charm every time, they just think every village must be stacked:)

DeletedUser

A pure cat build? Is this really effective?

@swordalchemists: Yes there are alot of threads about this in other worlds but not here. And come to think of it, i found a new idea of building a pure cat defensive village. Isn't that great?

Yes when bonus villages are on a world the +50% in the workshop works wonders, Can also be used as a wall buster, but like many others say you would do well to check the "General section", Personally all the builds and stuff i seen on the general area is useless Spam the rest lies. No one can take into account the needs for the player asking to tell him the best build so i would have to agree with Sword there on the point of this thread,

Ill Show you a Report/simulation of a cat defense,

+25 Luck from attacker with the Battle Axe, Versus Standard Cat build with Bonfire Only
Attacker
Units: 0 0 6500 0 0 3300 0 0 250 20 1 0 883.920 583.020 1.137.040 21.120
Losses: 0 0 6500 0 0 3300 0 0 250 20 1 0

Defender
Units: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2500 1 0 800.020 1.000.020 250.040 20.010
Losses: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 722 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 17

As you can see even with an overpowered nuke and Maximum luck You will struggle against one Village of cats, Unlike normal defense its one of the only ones i know that can survive Two and a Half nukes with +25% luck and the battle Axe,

That should answer your question on the cats.

DeletedUser

People always overlook the usefulness of swords, sometimes you need to look at all the stats to see uses. If you're a half decent player I don't need to spell out their use...

DeletedUser

There is no such thing as the best defence.
people argues 20k of archers is the best, or 3.3k of heavy cav.

Its just wrong, there is no single best defence.

DeletedUser

Honestly it all depends on your area, your attacker and how you built your cluster. With so many variables there is no 1 true best defense build or 1 best nuke build.

swordalchemist

I just build all scouts. No one ever gets a report, thus never attacks. My entire Def OD is based on people trying to scout me. Works like a charm every time, they just think every village must be stacked:)

thts just suicide...some players like me will blindly nuke a village. if we dont get any reports...and wen tht happens....all ur little fury ponnies wont be able to save you....:icon_twisted:

by the way...for SPIESAREGREAT....try and make a build which takes less time....best way to do this is to make use of all the three troop producing vectors....build hc...infantry and catz....works well during war time wen...time is at the essence....and best thing to do is dodge any nukes and snipe all nobles...saves time and resources....

Last edited:

DeletedUser34483

Best Defence is Politics and Diplomacy ------> :villagers:

swordalchemist

best defence: is being surrounded by noobs...or tribe mates..:icon_eek:....tht way no one can attack you....:icon_cool: