Best First Village Build Steps

DeletedUser

I go:

Statue (Since first construction is 10 mins you save roughly 10 minutes whereas with building a mine first you lose just under 5 minutes)
Iron
Wood
Clay

Also, starting on the rim you get elevated mines. This is pretty much pointless for a rim player.

---

Also, nice one, LA. I agree. His is kinda scary. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser68295

Although I don't see how PP's guide is responsible for the other players' inactivity...
He is awesome.
And yes, he is playing this world. But not as Purple Predator.
I'd tell you his alias, but he's kinda scary, and I want to be on his good side.
Hes not kinda scary, hes absolutely terrifying. But I'll tell his alias for 6 PPs

DeletedUser

No there is a hint. HE is really really scary. But as we say, kinda scrary, ;)

DeletedUser

that is because it was written by PP, and i added/took out some stuff.

DeletedUser

What exactly did you add/remove, highlight please.Can be useful in the future.

DeletedUser

5. Now this is where you have to make a choice, how many barbs do you have around you?

If you have 3+ skip the next step.

Upgrade wood, clay and iron 1 up more. While continuously farming. Personally i had to do this step and it helped. Only because i have 1 barb by me.

That and......

6. Upgrade the following while continuosly farming:

Warehouse 2
Hq 4
Hq 5
Smithy 1
Smithy 2
Reasearch axes

took out warehouse upgrade. There were 2, next...

Different Troop Amounts, you should build your troops according to your Activity. I am always active so i build around 100 and just farm and right when their back i send them out. Only this active because its summer. (Not in the Guide, but there are different troop limitations, minimuls.)

and.....
Now build 8 axes.

This is because BP is going to leave soon, and now you can start splitting up your farming crews into:

10 sp and 4 axe for 2 of the groups
10 sp and 1 pally for one group

This way you wont lose troops as long as the village is a barb or has no troops. (I meant a small barb)

Now you will get a lot of money from farming.

My own tactical farming method. Sometimes i make it one group though. and.....

Farm 2 (optional you can wait till u need to) I did immediatley though

the original guide by PP said this was a must. I made it optional because i didnt use as much farm. I did it anyway though for the future.

Those are the main ones, there are small ones i dont feel like finding.

SharkEyes

Although I don't see how PP's guide is responsible for the other players' inactivity...
He is awesome.
And yes, he is playing this world. But not as Purple Predator.
I'd tell you his alias, but he's kinda scary, and I want to be on his good side.

Nah hes a big huggable bear really :icon_razz:

that is because it was written by PP, and i added/took out some stuff.

There is no compensating for the stupidity of some people. It does always get me when people new to the game think they can improve already renowned guides.....

I personally dont follow a specific guide as there are far too many variables at the start. With a set guide only really working if everything goes exactly to plan, which never happens.

DeletedUser

This guide, while alright for a beginner, whilst they're learning how to read their area and adapt (from more experienced players, usually in a teaching tribe), it should not be followed to the letter.

10 spears and 4 axes... where'd that come from?
3 axes is the least you can send in an attack to always have your axes and spears surviving.
The goal is to distribute your troops into as many farming groups as possible, so you can keep as many farms as possible dry at all times, without ever sending an attack that won't get a full 100% haul.

I find 7 spears:3 axes to be good. Small haul of under 100 of each resource (if balanced). So if someone else hits your farm between farming runs, you don't lose as much of your farming income...

There are other areas the guide could be improved... but I'm not going to go into details about this. PP has said many times before that this is a beginners guide, which is means to help them along while they're being taught how to do things themselves. It is by no means supposed to be comprehensive. I doubt anyone cares about writing a comprehensive guide. It would only result in a bunch of tl;dr's...

LastApparatus

Writing a "comprehensive guide" would be nothing but a bunch of "if...then" type statements, and as withering states, too many people would reply with "tl;dr", especially the ones who needed the guide the most.

DeletedUser

Who is this PP guy? Some new world newb?

Just kidding, I played W21 for a few months and I think he was there as well. Obviously this guy is talented. :)

DeletedUser

Yep i know i have gotten some newbies to read this, and it should enhance their gameplay. This guide works best when you get lvl 4 resources to begin with.

DeletedUser

Yep i know i have gotten some newbies to read this, and it should enhance their gameplay. This guide works best when you get lvl 4 resources to begin with.

You only get level 4 resources to begin with on the rim.

DeletedUser

i know. That is why. I am not on the rim fully, so i got 4,4,3 Started late.

DeletedUser68295

When you start with 4 4 3 or something else already up and running you should play notably differently (most likely skip resources and head straight for farming unless you got a bad area - I believe rim starts have more starting resources to work with too)

SharkEyes

When you start with 4 4 3 or something else already up and running you should play notably differently (most likely skip resources and head straight for farming unless you got a bad area - I believe rim starts have more starting resources to work with too)

Thats what I was thinking. I didnt though, I had to pointwhore it up for about a day till a couple of greys appeared near me.

DeletedUser

Uh... pretty sure theres a part 2 to the guide. Once your finished with this...

PP I thought you had asked that these guides not get spread around?