Best Tribe

DeletedUser

Possibly, but they weren't very good when STONED was handing their ass to them. Though Kingrich was rather smart in recruiting all those 'family' tribes to be fodder. If there is one thing I'll hand to HIRE it's the fact they just don't go away. I can't remember a time when HIRE wasn't floating around being irritating. But then I can't remember a time when I wasn't floating around being irritating.

I was in STACHE, and I still think that CHE!!! was an equal to them. So being apart of the tribe wouldn't effect me. Besides I've seen HIRE/and HIRE-S forums. They weren't that entertaining.

And I've been in a HIRE tribe, even partially led one. As a tribe... they sucked.

STACHE and CHE!! equal? I'm sorry but CHE!!! wasn't THAT bad!

joking:p

lt181

Some notes about what will be posted below:

** The opinions posted below have not been based on who I 'liked'. My favorite tribe on W6 was Rim. Which is really a sad statement as I was never a member of Rim.

** Rankings are based on each tribe at the height of their power. Sometimes external factors occur that weaken a tribe. Then another tribe comes along and smashes that tribe, which gives some people the idea that the tribe they beat was representative of the tribe that was at one point dominant. The fact of the matter is that all tribes, given enough time, will eventually die. Or at least, the probability that they will die at one point is high.

#1 Stache
I think Stache deserves the number 1 ranking for a couple of reasons. They proved their proficiency in game. I think most agree on this point. More importantly, and similar to number 2 on this list, they restricted recruitment during a point in the game where tribe limits were bloated. Also, they knew when to exit, and they did it with style.

#2 O~Sin
Lots of haters for the O~Sin crew. I am not a particular lover of them, but I do recognize the hold they had on the world for a considerable amount of time. Did I love their strategy? No. I didn't like their diplomacy much, and thought they attempted to expand to the furthest points of the world at a point when they may have been better served at taking care of business at home. That's easy for me to say now. What is indisputable is that they were good at the whole taking villages thing. Which is important. Their diplomacy may have gotten the best of them in the end, but it served them very well for a long time.

#3 Rim
Rim was one of the most feared tribes for a long time. Probably had the best forum representation as well. Played a major part in the death of Woots, and later O~Sin.

#4 Che!!
Also great forum representation. Great member list. Their problem was simply that the numbers at that point were just too much for a small member list to navigate. This hurt their ability to manipulate the world to their liking.

#5 Sov
Shevar was probably the best player on this world. He was unlucky that he had class during the time period he was attacked, or Sov probably would have been the number 1 tribe on this list.

DeletedUser

Agree with everything except the SoV thingy lt. Could easily find 5 tribes that were alot better then SoV.

And I will improve my humour when I want to aussie.

lt181

Agree with everything except the SoV thingy lt. Could easily find 5 tribes that were alot better then SoV.

Yeah, that part was a joke. I had hoped some people would jump on it. I was willing to sacrifice myself to a public flaming in order to get these forums going.

If stating Sov was one of the best tribes ever isn't going to get people interested one way or another...We may have to stick a fork in this place.

DeletedUser9021

(...)
#5 Sov
Shevar was probably the best player on this world. He was unlucky that he had class during the time period he was attacked, or Sov probably would have been the number 1 tribe on this list.

You mean, I was unlucky that Shevar just quit instead of fighting for his bloated account :icon_wink: That fight was supposed to be my last, and when Shevar didn't actually fight back, I had to pursue the end of SIN to keep the game interesting for myself, and my crew. Easy victories just make it boring. Being cheated out of that fight was very disappointing, to me. The greatest thing about it was the count-down.

I would add STONED to this list. Big example to me, personally, though I did have my forum discussions with stonerbus and alphabonkers at the time.
#1: Che!!! --- early stage Kings of the world. took down so many tribes, great forum representation, great players. Built a reputation here that seems to be everlasting.

#2: SIN -- late stage Kings. Fall well documented, and predicted by yours truly. Should have rimmed all RIM members. Should have valued DEATH more. Should not have resorted to low tricks (see Matt-'s BS about SoV splitting for example, and of course the fake alliance with RIM). But they came as close as any tribe ill come to completely ruling world 6.

#3: STONED -- biggest example to anyone playing world 6. Great tribe. Great leaders. Great wars. True war tribe. Subsequent incarnation w00t N relied too much on tricks and diplomacy.

#4: RIM: old school war tribe. Best recruitment on world 6. Best game attitude. But not a trail blazer like some of the others on this list. deserves high ranking because of purist attitude.

#5: STACHE: did not really rule w6. Did not dominate politics, the w00ts held sway when Stache was big. Also cuddled with KoD for too long. Great forum representation, good wars, larajane. Nuff said.

#6: FEAR: relatively new tribe, run like one of the old war tribes. I'm a personal fan. Pajuno reversing course and siding with RMC against SIN opened up the world.

DeletedUser

If KoD2 would've had a better forum representation back in the days I'm sure we'd be in the top 8 from alot of people. We killed lots of tribes and were destroying CBTF untill cc103 went inactive and yippeekyyay took up a dictatorship. Don't forget henchy, some of your best players were(/are) ex-KoD2 starting with litauen knigh as the first to go to RIM. KoD2 was dominant around it's entire area except for against w00t N. They would've probably dominated the entire north-east if we would've gotten a decent replacement for cc103. We were just about to overthrow KoD in the rankings.

DeletedUser9021

If KoD2 would've had a better forum representation back in the days I'm sure we'd be in the top 8 from alot of people. We killed lots of tribes and were destroying CBTF untill cc103 went inactive and yippeekyyay took up a dictatorship. Don't forget henchy, some of your best players were(/are) ex-KoD2 starting with litauen knigh as the first to go to RIM. KoD2 was dominant around it's entire area except for against w00t N.(...)

KoD2 also had too many alliances and NAPs, which restricted growth and took good expansio from active members. It was a decent tribe, definitely, but it didn't have the wolf mentality needed to separate it from the herd of sheep. People like you and LK came to RIM because we brought war. That's to say, yes, KoD2 was nice, but if it had been filled with good players who like to fight, Yippee would never have stayed in power as long as he did.

That's also the reason HIRE isn't in my top: when I was co-duke there, we did not wage enough war, and KR stopped too many of his wars too early on. I guess I am a purist :)

DeletedUser

Hench, half the players left because of yip's alliancewhoring. Before that we were always fighting 2 wars at a time. We had just utterly destroyed IMP in the west, killing a relatively smaller tribe in the south and were gaining ALOT of territory on CBTF in the north and had just almost rimmed Vankz when yip took power and not only napped to w00t N, but also napped to CBTF and even IMP. I can tell about our alliances, I was the general against CBTF. I think you're also forgetting other great players like Eigrim who was my mentor and others who also came from KoD2 but disbanded around the time Yip renamed KoD2... F~wo~F wasn't even a shard of what KoD2 used to be.

Hell, even eddy was a warmonger back in the days under the name FatimaHK his original account :D

DeletedUser9021

Hench, half the players left because of yip's alliancewhoring. Before that we were always fighting 2 wars at a time. We had just utterly destroyed IMP in the west, killing a relatively smaller tribe in the south and were gaining ALOT of territory on CBTF in the north and had just almost rimmed Vankz when yip took power and not only napped to w00t N, but also napped to CBTF and even IMP. I can tell about our alliances, I was the general against CBTF. I think you're also forgetting other great players like Eigrim who was my mentor and others who also came from KoD2 but disbanded around the time Yip renamed KoD2... F~wo~F wasn't even a shard of what KoD2 used to be.

Hell, even eddy was a warmonger back in the days under the name FatimaHK his original account :D

Eddy <3

I saw the inner workings of KoD2 somewhere along the line when a friend was in the tribe for a bit, but that was early on. From what you're saying here, they apparently improved their war game after that. Yeah, Yip wasn't the sharpest blade. Come to think of it, he was more like a spoon than a blade. Hilarious when he said he didn't need the NAP with RIM. Boy, did he come to regret that one :lol:

DeletedUser

Yeah cc103 became duke and eigrim got into the high counsil, they were 2 of my 3 most important mentors in this world(guess who the 3rd is;)) and made me general lol. That pretty much changed the war game :D

DeletedUser

I'd like to see HIRE mentioned without KR being mentioned or do i have to up my war declarations and stats :p

DeletedUser

I think that's code for "I am incapable of improving my sense of humour." =P

Yeah, that part was a joke. I had hoped some people would jump on it. I was willing to sacrifice myself to a public flaming in order to get these forums going.

If stating Sov was one of the best tribes ever isn't going to get people interested one way or another...We may have to stick a fork in this place.

The forum is just an empty skeleton; I could go and post a thread about STACHE being the uber(insertweirdslang1337languagethingyhere) tribe and I probably wouldn't get flamed for it. Which is a surprise, I remember when people used to try and flame me every time I posted something. =(

silvereclipes

I think that's code for "I am incapable of improving my sense of humour." =P

The forum is just an empty skeleton; I could go and post a thread about STACHE being the uber(insertweirdslang1337languagethingyhere) tribe and I probably wouldn't get flamed for it. Which is a surprise, I remember when people used to try and flame me every time I posted something. =(

Have to go to 42 to get flamed for being STACHE Cal..:lol:

Though their first war at least they are living up to the spirit of the old crew in eating like mofo's.

DeletedUser

That's also the reason HIRE isn't in my top: when I was co-duke there, we did not wage enough war, and KR stopped too many of his wars too early on. I guess I am a purist :)

I like to think of HIRE as 2 different tribes, the OLD HIRE and the NEW HIRE

OLD HIRE i wasn't a great fan of, because being in HIRE-S we felt like a meatshield most of the time :)
and they didn't do anything to great that i saw.

But the NEW HIRE i have a great deal of respect for what they've done and what they still can do. They have some great guys in there running the show and some greater guys fueling the fire.

DeletedUser

They have some great guys in there running the show and some greater guys fueling the fire.

Onny and Concrete FTMFW! They should have been in control of HIRE back in the day, then peoples impression of HIRE wouldnt be so bad. KR did use the family tribes as successful meat shields, which is probably why so many have a negative view of him, but according to all those in the main HIRE led by him, he was a great leader.

sjlives

I don´t exactly know what he did to Hire S as I joined in a bit to late to figure out what was going on, but he was at some points an excellent leader, but nobody is perfect and he did made some fatal mistakes.