BEST / WORST of 2012

DeletedUser

With the New Year looming on the horizon, I figured I'd jump on the year end bandwagon with a Best/Worst of 2012 list for W30

Disclaimers as necessary: this comes from the perspective of someone who spent most of the year in Phoenix, and probably doesn't represent the other tribes as well as it should. I've missed so many noteworthy moments simply because other tribes don't let me into their Skype Chats or sit accounts to read their forums. I trust that will change in the New Year, so next year's Best/Worst list will be more representative of the world at large :D

Until then, Please feel free to add your own Best/Worst awards to the thread!

BEST PLAYER of 2012:

I'd like to nominate SnafuMaster, on Blackmailed account, for excellence in both Offense and Defense.

Not only did he withstand a prolonged Multi-K incoming barrage against his front lines, but he turned it around and launched a Multi-K offensive back at his attackers and made significant ground, punching well into the enemy's K's, while consistently complaining that the only thing holding him back was his lack of nobles.

WORST PLAYER of 2012:

There's a lot of competition here, but my nominations have to include:

- Chef de Bane, of ~ME~, for completely ineffective defensive strategies including (but not limited to) launching full villas of Def against his attackers.

- Steveneven, of BH, for his 200+ hour nukes… which turned out to be full villas of D about 10% of the time.

- L-Train, of Phoenix, for doing a whole lot of nothing, and then disappearing. (We won't even mention the thing with the Churches.)

BEST DUKE of 2012:

Darkhelmet, of ~HG~, for taking a tribe which was completely falling apart, beset on all sides, and rallying the members to play for another half a year, frustrating the plans of their enemies and eventually securing alliances and future homes to protect more of his tribe members than probably deserved it.

WORST DUKE of 2012:

Does ~ME~ have a Duke? Cuz if so, I'm pretty sure that's who gets my vote.

BEST TRIBE of 2012:

Obviously whichever tribe the reader is in :p

Seriously though, if I look over the year's stats, and compare them to what I'd expect from the players involved, I reach only one conclusion…

LoEN has held it together remarkably well, putting up better stats than any individual in their ranks could be expected to post, and pressing further into their enemies territory than they had any business doing. So many people thought LoEN wouldn't last the year.. and yet they're still here, and gaining ground. So, while BH might have better players, and Phoenix may have better leadership, I'd say (from an outsider perspective) that the tribe dynamics in LoEN have got to be pretty spectacular, to keep doing what they're doing.

WORST TRIBE of 2012:

RAM. For all that month or so they lasted in 2012, they packed a lot of mistakes into it, and the legacy of their errors has marked the map since then.

BEST OP of 2012:

BH's Op to remove inflrc from "their" K's. It was quick (sudden onset), fast (highest nobling rate of many Op's I've seen), and effective. And underhanded when the ex-DECIDE accounts joined in.. but for me, that's just a dramatic element which enhances the over-all intrigue of the game.

Runner up: Phoenix' Op to Internal Dota Rifleman. I'd consider this for best Op, but it's yet to be seen how many villas end up in whose hands, in the long run.

MOST UNDERHANDED MOVE of 2012:

I'd nominate a certain individual for this, but what he did was beyond the bounds of game-play, and not worthy of the notoriety he craves. So, let his name be forgotten here. Instead, I'll go with…

SkyHawk3, for backstabbing inflrc and really kicking off Luis' downfall in his Northern K's. I'm sure your name will go down in W30 as a shining example of how trust can be used as a weapon.

BEST SITTER of 2012:

Much as I'd love to grab this one for myself, I know how much of a slacker I've been. So My vote goes to:
Bunny on cxtain account.

It seems like every time I turned around (i.e. was attacking a BH account with another Phx sit) I'd run into her, blocking/sniping/recapping and generally making my life difficult. Well done!

BEST EXIT of 2012:

Solider1stClass for sending out nearly 500 nobles against ChamichA and other Phx accounts as a farewell, before passing his sit *to the enemy* and disappearing from the face of w30.

WORST EXIT of 2012:

Bigbrt and the disappearing account fiasco (for which there have been several explanations, each more amusing than the last).

WORST TRAINS of 2012:

Green Revolution, of BH, for his 58h trains, with nobles 10 - 30 seconds apart, especially when coupled with his fake "trains" from over 100 hrs away.

MOST FACE-PALM WORTHY MOMENT of 2012:

Green Revolution actually taking villages with his bloody awful trains, against inflrc account, because no one bothered to blocj/snipe/set recaps in a 60 hr period. >.<

Anyone else got any nominations, or other awards they'd like to see handed out?

DeletedUser67579

I will come back for a minute just to say good post Raven

inflrc

I'd nominate a certain individual for this, but what he did was beyond the bounds of game-play, and not worthy of the notoriety he craves. So, let his name be forgotten here. Instead, I'll go with…

SkyHawk3, for backstabbing inflrc and really kicking off Luis' downfall in his Northern K's. I'm sure your name will go down in W30 as a shining example of how trust can be used as a weapon.

I think that there was a more underhanded move, because there was a pact from the leadership of a tribe: BH cancellation of the pact with former DECIDE, with no clear and explicit announcement as agreed, even keeping it secret for BH DECIDE members, so they couldn't warn us of the cancellation.

queenslater

As I have said a few times in the past, there should be a mention here of the most stubborn die-hard I think anyone has come across, echao has taken more of a beating than anyone. Well done echao.

DeletedUser79042

BEST PLAYER of 2012:

ChamichA. Attacked with intent to get him to delete. Rejuvenated and is COMING BACK FOR SOME OF YOU ! :axemen:

WORST PLAYER of 2012:

Out of those who still play, noone gets that title. To play in this world after all these years... Noone is worse, just some are simply better. I am (almost) sure that it was a stupid sitter who sent those -D- villages of steven to attack. So he gets the title. "The stupid sitter".

BEST DUKE of 2012:

Paj - nough said :icon_wink:

WORST DUKE of 2012:

BH's co-duke schema who destroyed the alliance which would have probably ended the world.

BEST TRIBE of 2012:

Phoenx
as this was my last tribe.

WORST TRIBE of 2012:

RAM at least we got to beat thataone despite them being BH's Academy in the end :lol:

BEST OP of 2012:

BH's Ops to remove inflrc ... and ChamichA I 'd go with Cham's as I had some experience at some point :icon_rolleyes:

Runner up: Phoenix' Op to Internal Dota Rifleman. This is truly amazing. internalling @ a full frontline K, whilst poor dota is kept constantly underfire from pilots and ghosts ... BH is not looking good in this P A J U N O SHOW !

I see no other than the one from skyhawk against Luis. Despite cheap excuses that Luis had quit (sth that was continously negated by many of us), that was ... meh... Who cares. Luis will regrow when he finds time and suitable vicinity. Unless he (truly this time) decides to quit.

BEST SITTER of 2012:

I suspect Raven gets the gold medal, but this is so, since almost noone ever sat me, all this year long I piloted :lol:

BEST EXIT of 2012:

McMellow

WORST EXIT of 2012:

Birdie :icon_razz: Proves that the pnp fear was INDEED AN ACHILLES' HEEL for him - BH's pnp horror came true :lol:

WORST TRAINS of 2012:

Parmenions' Trains All fired within 150 msecs (almost). But why? Noone would bother to snipe them. I never did. I just retook all the villages back from him :lol: So, they were the worse, since the time and stress to suceed in sending them, did not have an actual effect in the long run. I think I posted some stats in Phoenx forums, to back this up :lol:

Me firing a 150 nuke salvo against 2 stacked slasher vills in K44. Of course he thought I had fired 300 nukes so he stacked 4 vills instead, causing another cluster of his to be destroyed by my cats, but still... I lost 150 nukes :lol:

Cheers! :xmas rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I'm glad to see W30 hasn't lost its rich history of great OPs, backstabbing, drama and SFC antics!

As usual, thanks for the good read Raven and R2. This world still has some of the best PnP on the server. Keep going!

DeletedUser

As I have said a few times in the past, there should be a mention here of the most stubborn die-hard I think anyone has come across, echao has taken more of a beating than anyone. Well done echao.

Good point.

Most Stubborn Player of 2012:

Hands-down Echao, of BH, who keeps rebuilding every time he leaves villas full of troops to die at enemy hands, and keep nobling backwards to make up for frontline losses. It takes a special kind of stubbornness to constantly fight that losing battle.

Runner up: ChamichA, of Phoenix, for surviving the BH op against him, and rebuilding to come back and fight again. I'd say he's got that same stubborn streak as Echao, but Cham doesn't like fighting an endless losing battle. He insists on turning it around into a WINNING battle again.

2nd Runner up: Inflrc, who had every reason to quit: massive loss of villages, backstabbing friends, sitters who failed to defend for him, and plenty of RL concerns which could have pulled him out of the game. But he stuck in there, and is following in ChamichA's footsteps. At least he won't have the excuse of "I don't have enough nobles!" for quite some time. Thanks, BH!

silvereclipes

that is the scary thought who gets to face all those freed up nobles of Inflrc's "I pity the fool".

silvereclipes

sssshhhh. you will wake up BH's sleepers ! :lol:

I think they all went into a coma except a few an those that woke up are more worried about their own tails now they have EDS mad at them..:lol:

DeletedUser

Im way beyond MAD what slasher did to my account makes SFCs sitting skills look faultless. If I had been BHs duke the tribe would have been disbanded by now....... Rathae probably would not have noticed yet though.

EDS

DeletedUser

Good point.

Most Stubborn Player of 2012:

Hands-down Echao, of BH, who keeps rebuilding every time he leaves villas full of troops to die at enemy hands, and keep nobling backwards to make up for frontline losses. It takes a special kind of stubbornness to constantly fight that losing battle.

Runner up: ChamichA, of Phoenix, for surviving the BH op against him, and rebuilding to come back and fight again. I'd say he's got that same stubborn streak as Echao, but Cham doesn't like fighting an endless losing battle. He insists on turning it around into a WINNING battle again.

2nd Runner up: Inflrc, who had every reason to quit: massive loss of villages, backstabbing friends, sitters who failed to defend for him, and plenty of RL concerns which could have pulled him out of the game. But he stuck in there, and is following in ChamichA's footsteps. At least he won't have the excuse of "I don't have enough nobles!" for quite some time. Thanks, BH!

They are an inspiration to us all and at this time in particular.... ME :)
Any chimp can play this game when you are on the front foot, playing on the back foot takes more resolve and mental stamina. Weathering a massive storm and returning to your former strength is something very few in this game will ever do. Im not sure on this years efforts I would have those 3 in that order (probably the reverse) but as a whole of this world so far I would still have echao out infront.

EDS

Michael Wittman

you guys say ram was the worst tribe yet you still mention them after all this time. We had our ideology wrong. It was inevitable that we would fail as long as we sought safety rather than battle. You may now observe us on world 63. some of us anyway, where we are taking the world by storm. Pajuno and i were alike in alot of ways although he was closer to the truth. I now understand what it takes. I support phoenix on this world because only the lust for battle will bring the skills needed for victory.

DeletedUser70594

They are an inspiration to us all and at this time in particular.... ME :)
Any chimp can play this game when you are on the front foot, playing on the back foot takes more resolve and mental stamina. Weathering a massive storm and returning to your former strength is something very few in this game will ever do. Im not sure on this years efforts I would have those 3 in that order (probably the reverse) but as a whole of this world so far I would still have echao out infront.

EDS

Another left EDS??? I knew you would do that some day. You always do that when You SMell that the Tribe is Losing ... But this time you have no where to Hide ... In or Out of BH you will be rimmed :axemen:

DeletedUser

despite my sitters best efforts I am sure I can still turn things around :)

DeletedUser70594

That does not matter if you turn your things around, what matters is your stupid actions ... Because of you this war has started, BH Protected you, and Now when the sitter did not do things as YOU wished you are leaving them ... sounds like a cocky...

DeletedUser

That does not matter if you turn your things around, what matters is your stupid actions ... Because of you this war has started, BH Protected you, and Now when the sitter did not do things as YOU wished you are leaving them ... sounds like a cocky...

PMSL, so what you are saying is that if I had not joined BH this world would already have finished ages ago lol. Dam that Lauradoom the entire world revolves around EDSs actions... yeah right!

Been in a tribe is great, you fight as a team everyone has everyone elses back and when you have problems in R/L someone helps you out by keeping an eye out for you and watching your account as if it were there own until you return and when you do come back they tell you whats been happening and if anything whats they have done..... in theory!

In reality by christmas nightmare ended with been confronted with 1100 untagged incoming, troops in the area been nobled supporting other 3Ks away and then the sitter turns up and says my account is shit! and that he had done his best... pfff thanks!

EDS

DeletedUser

im pretty sure RAM lasted longer then a month :lol: nice post though.

DeletedUser

BEST PLAYER of 2012:

I'd like to nominate RavenJ. I've seen him in action multiple times, being on the same account. Anyone who can work the miracles he does, deserves this nomination.

From the RAM days, I still remember bnkrmike24/t33cher, who has given my nukes more then a few blue eyes when they tried to take a few of his villages. Luckily a few of them managed to keep their nobles alive too, but sadly too few.

Cudos also to a lot of those silent workforces in Phoenix: bronse and bankdude

WORST PLAYER of 2012:

There's quite some stiff competition in this lot, but my nominations have to include:
- Steveneven (BH), for sending out 200hr+ nukes, which turned out to be defense in disguise
- Green Revolution (BH), for which I'm referring to his amazing performance with the trains, but also overall absence of skill
- Noah1 (BH), quite similar to all the performance shown by Green Revolution
- Hitman32 (RAM) for forgetting that he had an account, once the incomings started

BEST DUKE of 2012:

I gotta agree with Ravenj here: Darkhelmet, "of ~HG~, for taking a tribe which was completely falling apart, beset on all sides, and rallying the members to play for another half a year, frustrating the plans of their enemies and eventually securing alliances and future homes to protect more of his tribe members than probably deserved it."

Although I should also give out a shout to Pajuno, who continuously excels in riling up enemy dukes and making them declare war on peaceloving Phoenix.

WORST DUKE of 2012:

This ranking is won with a mile-length in advance by the duke in ~ME~ (if he still exists). No one likes a duke who falls asleep on the job, and continues napping for 5 months.

BEST TRIBE of 2012:

You'll note that the writer of this part of proza has a membership card of Phoenix.
Backing up the 'Pound for pound best tribe'-blabber of their leader, they have managed to keep a tribe 2x their size away from their territory, and even ensured that they outnobled them. While in the meantime continuing the search for the duke of ~ME~. And trying to find earplugs to avoid having to listen to Pajuno run his mouth all the time.

Strong cohesion and excellent players make for an amazing tribe. Add a healthy flavor of teamspirit into the mix, and you get a seasoned group of warriors who excel as the best tribe of 2012 on W30.

WORST TRIBE of 2012:

RAM, =HG= and all that followed from it. Such a large tribe, with some very capable players should not go out so easily. Some basic mistakes have led to a very fast downfall.

BEST OP of 2012:
Cannot but agree again with Raven.

BH's Op to remove inflrc from "their" K's. Quick, fast and effective.
Runner up: Phoenix' Op to Internal Dota Rifleman, ensuring an account on the frontline and under serious fire gets nobled out so efficiently, fast and with little loss of villages.

I'm avoiding this conversation partly, cause I do not wish to rile up people further and have this thread to outside of the subject.
In short :

- SkyHawk3 - for backstabbing inflrc and really kicking off Luis' downfall in his Northern K's.
- EDS/LauraDoom's mysterious sitter. When you take up a sit, you take over the responsibility for the account. No matter how 'shitty' the account is. (Which I doubt, given the large crowds of women who are screaming at me for loosing their men).

BEST SITTER of 2012:

cxtain/bunny. Not only do you defend each account you sit with verve (and each time I press 'Attack', I seem to come across you), you also are one of the very few who actually like to have a proper chat in the meantime. Only such a shame of those village names of yours :).

BEST EXIT of 2012:

Soldier1stClass. At least you went out with not 1, but 500 bangs.

WORST EXIT of 2012:

Bigbrt.

WORST TRAINS of 2012:

Green Revolution (BH) for 58hrs trains, neatly spaced with 10-20 second intervals. I gotta grant you that your intervals reduced the further out your 'trains' got, with only 2 second intervals on your 100hr+ 'trains'.
Noah1 (BH) who excelled their teacher Green Revolution, and managed to land a 70hr 'train' right into the attack break. You win by a lenghty advance.

The 40th time that my nobles fail to take a village in a 4-train noble. I think they are plotting against me on purpose.