Beware of allainces with WOLF

jdt14

GLOC

On this page your relations with other tribes are administered. The settings are non-binding within the game, but villages will be coloured accordingly on the map. The status is visible only to tribe members and may be changed by tribal diplomats only.
Allies
Wolf

According to the above copied from the diplomacy page of the tribe I belong to, Wolf is an ally. I understand what non-binding means.

Yet I am being attacked by a member of WOLF, elitemagoo.

I attempted to contact the leader of WOLF -but had to choose a player at random because the leader of WOLF is so confident in their abilities and the strength of the tribe that all leaders must be hidden to prevent being targetted.

The player I contacted, Khalassar, who may or may not be a tribal leader - called me a joke, denied the allaince existed, and informed me that elitemagoo can do whatever they want.

I am not whining about being attacked, looking for sympathy or asking for help - the way that elitemagoo attacks neither is necessary.

This is simply letting other players and/or tribes know that when dealing with WOLF be sure to keep your guard up. Alliances appear to mean nothing and the leaders are either non-existent or so weak that they might as well not exist.

If all the others are the same calibar as elitemagoo it doesn't matter, they will end up being fodder to a much more organized, disciplined and cohesive tribe.

DeletedUser

GLOC
Wolf
Looks like both are small tribes,
My thoughts are that maybe your diplomat wished to just mark "wolf" as allys for avoiding that some of the members of gloc atack wolf,
the alliances marked in the diplomatic zone in your tribe overview are not necesarily aproved by both tribes,
i.e i can set every tribe in the world as ally but there is no need for the other tribes to set me as an ally.

rim tribes... :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

GLOC
Wolf
Looks like both are small tribes,
My thoughts are that maybe your diplomat wished to just mark "wolf" as allys for avoiding that some of the members of gloc atack wolf,
the alliances marked in the diplomatic zone in your tribe overview are not necesarily aproved by both tribes,
i.e i can set every tribe in the world as ally but there is no need for the other tribes to set me as an ally.

rim tribes... :icon_rolleyes:

To be honest, Its sad that a player from 2008 posted this thread.

DeletedUser51138

^Some players make an account and never learn the basics of the game and just decide to come back. I'm pretty sure that's what happened here.

DeletedUser

yeah some tribe like to make it look as if they have allies, just because they wish it so, best bet for you is to leave that tribe and maybe restart, get a better tribe :)

DeletedUser

Surely if they were an ally you should have a shared forum and you would know the players in that other tribe. This seems to be the failure on the part of your tribe and your diplomat.

DeletedUser

Seriously stop crying like a baby. We have never had an alliance with you and will not have one in the future so give it up and grow up. This is a war game not a petting zoo. We sincerely value our Alliances would there be any though. Stop wasting my time with this nonsense.

jdt14

Surely if they were an ally you should have a shared forum and you would know the players in that other tribe. This seems to be the failure on the part of your tribe and your diplomat.

The following quotes were taken from a shared fourum. Does this make us allies - I don't know, but I believe that 2 tribes have to agree to some sort of alliance in order to be able to have a joint shared forum? Also from the quotes below, I believe that at least some members of WOLF believe us to be or to have been allied in some way.

Wolf/O.G> (Allies)

tomwarren said:
Hello [ally]O.G.[/ally]

chack4376 said:

SilverStars said:
Sup y'all ;)

Novawolf said:
Hi y'all :) Nice to meet ya!

chack4376 said:
our allies ha ha, nice to meet you guys. Looking forward to working with you!

As to those who feel I am whining again I repeat I am not. I never claimed to be the best player around but I can certainly handle the attacks of one player.
I have always played the game to my own personal set of standards and while I can't prove there is or was an alliance between my tribe and WOLF - I believe that there is and that other tribes should be wary of them - though I repeat if the player attacking me (elitemoo) is any indication of the skill level - there is not much concern for any established player or tribe.

Make your own decision as to whether my point has validity or not.
Remember opinions are like a**ho*es - everyone has one and they are usually full of s**t

DeletedUser51138

I cant imagine what else they would be full of.

Booze and candy?

Or is that just me?

Anyways... @op

The point we're trying to make is that if you really think you're going to spark the curiosity of anyone coming onto the externals and whining about a tribe who you thought you were allies with, then you might need a different viewpoint on the way externals work.

Some PnP's work very well in demoralizing a tribe (For a good example of that, look at the GRV vs Flow thread)

Others (like this one) unfortunately do not.

DeletedUser

We never had an alliance with O.G. and we probably never will. So do Wolf a favour and stop the whining !! If elitemagoo is attacking you then thats your problem not ours. Get someone to support you but dont come crying to us when you lose a village cause if you do, then things will just get worse.

jdt14

We never had an alliance with O.G. and we probably never will. So do Wolf a favour and stop the whining !! If elitemagoo is attacking you then thats your problem not ours. Get someone to support you but dont come crying to us when you lose a village cause if you do, then things will just get worse.

maybe someone can expain this:
as copied from page 28 of the tribal forum overview page
GLOC
Overview Profile Members Diplomacy Wars Noble planner Recruitment Tribal forum

[1] ... [26] [27] >28< [29] [30] ... [93]
Date Event
Jan 04
23:03 The tribe is now allied with Wolf.

DeletedUser

Facts

Recently jdt14 became a noble target of Wolf. I cleared jdt14's troops. Whether or not Wolf was an ally of a tribe jdt14 was a member of in the past is irrelevant. I believe you said it all in your first post:

I am not whining about being attacked
Yes...yes you are.

Oh, and does this really need to be a forum topic? Usually moaning and groaning is reserved for the mails, and towards the person who attacked you. Feel free to mail me anytime. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I am the baron in Wolf. I'm under the name wolfiets. We did have an alliance with your tribe, but this was ended almost a month ago. It appears that your tribe's diplomat have failed to update your tribal relationships. Check with him before trying to flame us and trying to destroy our reputation.

Also, if you have any doubts about our capabilities, I welcome you to challenge me. I will give you time to rebuild your lost troops before we take each other on. Otherwise, if what you've mentioned is all you have to say, please get off the externals.