Big mouth, Skill or luck. which are you?

• Thread starter DeletedUser74237
  • Start date

DeletedUser74237

Who here that is currently playing believes that you only become large because of

a) Skill
b) Big Mouth
c) Luck

now be serious.

Think back to when you first started playing a new world and how your BIG MOUTH got you out of getting farmed when you started at 50 points.

or

when you finnaly got around to nobleing villages and got targeted by another player and used SKILLto deal with that player.

Or

when you started and ended up on the rim out of reach of the players that already had millions of points which would be LUCK.

luck(mrchooks) because he didnt get noticed untill he did something very stupid.

skill(locodice3) because he is top player and would need skill to stay there.

Big mouth.(vilja) because almost everybody would agree she can derail a thread and is just a pain in the A#@.

Be honest now.

I think this thread is really important because it will bring out the cocky, the ignorant or arrogant and the down right no-it all players who think their above everything.

this is not directed at just the very top players.
it is directed at any player playing tribalwars.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

a) Skill...Skill is the most important, you have to know what to do while under attack, and a lot of it is your attitude. If you freak out when you get 100 attacks, you wont be around long. you must stay calm and think rationally. Many freeze like a deer in headlights when they see mass incoming. I played for awhile without skill, then learned a lot between here in TWE under garg, and in another world.
b) Big Mouth...I never really had a big mouth, I was too afraid of the superiors in my tribes. When I became leader of TWE@ I got into a flame war with vilja and lost all reputation that I could have had...but seem to have rebuilt it, and post much better now. :)
c) Luck...Luck is another big part. You can be the best player out there, but if one average player finds out your offline time, him and a group of others could take you down before you got the chance to call your tribe in for help. In short, you can do everything right and still not make it, or you could do everything wrong and become big.

DeletedUser

Who here that is currently playing believes that you only become large because of

a) Skill
b) Big Mouth
c) Luck

now be serious.

Think back to when you first started playing a new world and how your BIG MOUTH got you out of getting farmed when you started at 50 points.

or

when you finnaly got around to nobleing villages and got targeted by another player and used SKILLto deal with that player.

Or

when you started and ended up on the rim out of reach of the players that already had millions of points which would be LUCK.

luck(mrchooks) because he didnt get noticed untill he did something very stupid.

skill(locodice3) because he is top player and would need skill to stay there.

Big mouth.(vilja) because almost everybody would agree she can derail a thread and is just a pain in the A#@.

Be honest now.

I think this thread is really important because it will bring out the cocky, the ignorant or arrogant and the down right no-it all players who think their above everything.

this is not directed at just the very top players.
it is directed at any player playing tribalwars.

d)because i can

DeletedUser

There's only one reason for me being the player I am now. Not skills, not big mouth, and not luck. Its friends. :icon_cool:

w/o my friends i wont even be bothered to continue playing this game, let alone caring about getting my skills.

Weaselfierce

Skill..... I just now finished licking the spilled beer of my keyboard and noticed that the tip of my veteran tongue had sniped a incoming noble.
Shoot, I never even noticed the attack, but with a skilled tongue like mine who needs paying attention to such unimportant things?
...I do need a big mouth to store it in, I wonder if that counts?

DeletedUser

All 3 for me most likely :p

skill: well i wouldn't be around without, I've been in the front-line for each war i was, so i'm quite skilled when it comes to close combat.

Luck: Well in the early game i had the luck to have some Big juicy "un-skilled" targets around me, i grew fast on them. Also being so close to HAVOC was very good for my growth :D

Big mouth: Well i've been leader or co-leader for most of my W19 career so i do know how to do "the talking" :eek:

DeletedUser

mostly luck and a big mouth for me :S

i was lucky because at the start i was not farmed or anything so i actually had the chance to grow.

but i can also make friends very easily in this game which makes me a very good leader and one that people will follow :)

DeletedUser

e) Because I am a n00b with really big tribemates support.

DeletedUser

Hm, walter92, I think you forgot one important thing besides skills, luck and big mouth ( which I dont see any benefit, except that you spam your opponent to death and decides to quit ). The most important is activeness.

Your skills wont matter if you are not active, your luck wont participate if you are nota active. Well for big mouth, you dont need to be so active, but still No active no big mouth.

So I would say, I could thanks my activeness for my existence on this world. :)

PS, I agree with Without Regrets, its good to have friends on the same world. I know I have them :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Hm, walter92, I think you forgot one important thing besides skills, luck and big mouth ( which I dont see any benefit, except that you spam your opponent to death and decides to quit ). The most important is activeness.

Your skills wont matter if you are not active, your luck wont participate if you are nota active. Well for big mouth, you dont need to be so active, but still No active no big mouth.

So I would say, I could thanks my activeness for my existence on this world. :)

PS, I agree with Without Regrets, its good to have friends on the same world. I know I have them :icon_redface:

Without activity, you will not be given any lessons...I know that for me, if I had not been active and willing, I would not have learned any of the skills I know today. In fact, the only reason I was not booted from TWE like the others my size was because I was active...so I got to feed on the players who quit, and that boosted me up a bit :)

DeletedUser

All of the above are nice to have, but friends are the most important. A decent tribe working together can take out even the most skilled of individual players... except maybe groperz.

DeletedUser

I only made it this far by having a bigmouth... and lots or moral advantage >:D I spose activity has something to do with it...

DeletedUser50733

I made it this far by having one friend who taught me how to play properly, me and him did everything together as a joint thing until he quit. He gave me my skill, my luck came about when I spawned near him and he recruited me to his tribe. My big mouth started as I learned that I could say what the hell I liked as long as I could back it up ingame and look after myself :icon_twisted: without cenyong though I would have been nothing, so I think friends come above everything

DeletedUser

Big mouth - I talked bad about AD! on external forums, and sent some nukes because I thought I had so much "skill" and ended up running away from them. xD

Luck - My account is still standing today. :)