Biggest Impact

DeletedUser

Totally agree. Every leader past, present or future. Hell I'll be personally scraping world 6 dirt off of my hands for years to come! That's part of being a leader, making awkward decisions that are for the best of the tribe. Nicely highlighted Shaun :).

I could not agree more. That is one of the reasons why I had such a hard time with this game. I found myself up at night with the ethical dilemmas posed by the game. In the end I must confess I was not a good leader. I could not very easily justify my own actions at times to myself. And this caused me the kind of angst that one should only experience in real life where such things matter.

In my mind there were only a few leaders who played completely straight up 100% of the time. World 6 chewed them up and spit them out and no-one (except perhaps me) remembers them anymore.

For the rest of us mere mortals, we had to do what we thought was in the best interests of our tribe - even if that disappointed alot of people alot of the time - including ourselves by the way.

The easiest part of this game is the war part. The hardest part is the diplomacy.

DeletedUser

Pajuno on w30 has never lied to get where we are. (we are rank 5, declared on the rank no.1 tribe and now they are rank 3 :lol:)

Anyway Paj hasn't made any dirty moves n w30. Though i am sure he has on W6.

Indeed, there are always other ways. If you don't want to lie that doesn't mean you're going down, it just means you have to play some other cards right ;)

DeletedUser

Indeed, there are always other ways. If you don't want to lie that doesn't mean you're going down, it just means you have to play some other cards right ;)

Thats right....

I don't remember ever lying, but I certainly walked a very thin tightrope often.

DeletedUser

I could not agree more. That is one of the reasons why I had such a hard time with this game. I found myself up at night with the ethical dilemmas posed by the game. In the end I must confess I was not a good leader. I could not very easily justify my own actions at times to myself. And this caused me the kind of angst that one should only experience in real life where such things matter.

In my mind there were only a few leaders who played completely straight up 100% of the time. World 6 chewed them up and spit them out and no-one (except perhaps me) remembers them anymore.

For the rest of us mere mortals, we had to do what we thought was in the best interests of our tribe - even if that disappointed alot of people alot of the time - including ourselves by the way.

The easiest part of this game is the war part. The hardest part is the diplomacy.

I veto you saying your a bad leader!:icon_evil:

DeletedUser

I always found the hardest part of leading, not justifying decisions to myself but rather the tribe as a whole. There are so many people out there that just can't understand why even the most basic decisions need to be made to benefit the tribe. Or there were a few people who disagreed with something being done (for the wrong reasons, with the wrong arguments, and going about it the wrong way) -- but who were popular, so the sheep followed them in disagreeing; creating discontent within the tribe. You'll find the same thing in RL.

silvereclipes

Your right there Calmir its dam sure harder to explain to your own tribe why you choose a path you took then it does explaining your move on PnP since some get to close to allies an start thinking of them as tribemate's instead of a alliance that will work only as long as the two of you have a common foe,as far as choosing a path I have always looked at war in this way all is fair in war all that matters is winning the war an making the other tribe lose more players then yourself so do what is needed an win the war even if you have to make a deal with the devil.

DeletedUser

I always found the hardest part of leading, not justifying decisions to myself but rather the tribe as a whole. There are so many people out there that just can't understand why even the most basic decisions need to be made to benefit the tribe. Or there were a few people who disagreed with something being done (for the wrong reasons, with the wrong arguments, and going about it the wrong way) -- but who were popular, so the sheep followed them in disagreeing; creating discontent within the tribe. You'll find the same thing in RL.

Agree here as well. I highlight the Dom + ~Or.D~ Vs Manoka/Mcgguire mandatory sitting situation. One left, one dismissed, I stood by it. It shook the walls of the Order though, and rattled diplomatic ties with KW at the time. It's a decision I stand by to this day as one that benefited the Order overall par teamwork and unity, but hell, it was mighty contentious at the time.

DeletedUser

your right there calmir its dam sure harder to explain to your own tribe why you choose a path you took then it does explaining your move on pnp since some get to close to allies an start thinking of them as tribemate's instead of a alliance that will work only as long as the two of you have a common foe,as far as choosing a path i have always looked at war in this way all is fair in war all that matters is winning the war an making the other tribe lose more players then yourself so do what is needed an win the war even if you have to make a deal with the devil.

rawr.

DeletedUser

Well I can't count how many times I second-guessed my own decisions. But I must say that by and large most of the tribesmates I cared about backed me up on every move. I sometimes wished they would have given me a swift kick in the butt instead :). But we all do what we think is best I guess. I have had some tough times with World 6 but also some very fond memories.