Biggest influence?

DeletedUser

Since this forum is the most boring out of all I thought I'd attempt to liven it up. Who would you say was/is the most influential player and tribe ever on world 16. Like hippos and lamarth etc. Don't pick your own tribe. Give reasons, and argue with other peoples decisions for fun ;)

Oh, hippos and lamarth wasn't my choice :) maybe hippos...

DeletedUser

Tribe: Complete Carnage
Reason: They haz cookies i can steal. :icon_neutral:

Player: Warhammer1

Rank Name Tribe Points Villages Average points per village
264 Warhammer1 I Wolf 0 0 0

What a legend, pure inspiration; I'd follow this guy to the end of the world. Although saying that he's already there.. :icon_confused:

MichielK

Tribe: You didn't want me to vote for my own tribe, so I don't see a valid alternative here. Call me partial all I want, but it would be tough to argue that any tribe had a bigger and more lasting influence on W16 than C².

Player: OpenEye. While it can be argued that other players had a bigger influence on W16, OE had a huge influence on TW as a whole. He revolutionised the way people think about village builds and war tactics, and while his original ideas are slowly becoming outdated, a lot of the best new strategies out there are built based on his work.

DeletedUser

Every time I hear someone say it was OE's strategies, I hear another player who was in Hippos, or played with OE, say that the guides were a tribe effort, not solely his. Just wanted to put that forward, to see if anyone else has heard the same.

monsterbro

i that when OE made his guides that he saud he haleped help and listed the people that helped him but i might be wrong

DeletedUser

Tribe: You didn't want me to vote for my own tribe, so I don't see a valid alternative here. Call me partial all I want, but it would be tough to argue that any tribe had a bigger and more lasting influence on W16 than C².

Player: OpenEye. While it can be argued that other players had a bigger influence on W16, OE had a huge influence on TW as a whole. He revolutionised the way people think about village builds and war tactics, and while his original ideas are slowly becoming outdated, a lot of the best new strategies out there are built based on his work.

Can you try again please? I don't particularly see how you don't see Plight as a valid alternative to C², whatever you think of their current state the tribe itself has had a massive influence on the world from before day one. If you can argue that players other than OE had a bigger influence on W16 then do so! Would be nice to read about those people that influenced the world if not the PnP and there's only people such as yourself that can tell us those stories, I still love reading about W16 and it would be great to hear your's and other's views about who has really made the difference here.

DeletedUser

I will try my hand at this

Tribe: CND & Hippos

I picked two tribes for this since they both contributed in the same manner to the world. Their struggle for the core of W16 allowed the mid-rim tribes that later dominated the world to take shape and consolidate their positions, eventually closing off the core victors (CND) from meaningful expansion and leading the CND's attempt to do this via C².

Player: It is difficult to come up with someone who is not currently in C² but of the possible candidates I would have to choose Seagryfn. Not only was she a part of the Hippo wars, but she survived them and wound up in Plight. After their internal problems following the ORC/Guns war she picked Plight up from the ashes defeat and led them to the final world war; and now although Plight is losing the war, it still made it to the end of the world, a feat that is the envy of many tribes.

DeletedUser

Player - For the mass of information and good advice in his numerous posts and his dedication to alcohol my vote has to go to Shveik.

Tribe - Has to go to CND, an original core tribe and still hanging in there.

Hi Pistol :icon_biggrin:

rascal-the-cat

Can you try again please? I don't particularly see how you don't see Plight as a valid alternative to C², whatever you think of their current state the tribe itself has had a massive influence on the world from before day one. If you can argue that players other than OE had a bigger influence on W16 then do so! Would be nice to read about those people that influenced the world if not the PnP and there's only people such as yourself that can tell us those stories, I still love reading about W16 and it would be great to hear your's and other's views about who has really made the difference here.

Hello Pistol!

It is hard to equate the Plight you see now with the Plight of Socrates that you would remember from your days actively playing here. Although there are signs of life over there these days, 2011 may see some resurgence!

HRV in their day were a good tribe with excellent leadership, zvone was always a good guy to deal with and mLions could always be guaranteed to produce 50 words when 20 would have sufficed. :D

But there is no getting away from the fact that C² has shaped this world to what it is now due to the ability to retain and recruit active players over the past few years. Obviously CND was a crash hot tribe too and some of us are still in C² keeping the guys there moving along.

With regards to players who have shaped the world, well ... had the original Axl hung around longer he could have made a real difference to the current war. A class act that one.

DeletedUser78416

I think the tribe goes to C², obviously. They have been together going strong since the tribe first started and haven't had a decline since then.

As for players...I'd say for myself Baumir is a good one. He set himself some goals to achieve, achieved them and thus quit like he promised (his wife). I envy him in a way for being able to abruptly walk away from this game cold turkey, so to speak. His influence on me is setting goals to achieve then giving up this mega time waster. Sadly, I have not set any goals, lol, except to finish out the world so as not to have 'completely' wasted my time here.

shveik

It's hard to say only one name ... Everyone had a own vision about that ... But just to throw names is not the best way - mean that everyone talk about people that you know ... No one know the whole truth and facts !!!

Let's talk about me ... I've never talk with someone in Plight ( eh maybe ) and talk only with 3-4 persons from Hippos (eh maybe more in these forums "battles") ... But f*** me these tribe were a huge part of W16 history, the same goes to CND/Center, C2 and HRV (sorry if I miss some) ...
So above previous statement about Plight - hallo ... If they were not here maybe tribes like Hippos/Center/CND/C2 will never be exist ...

Hippos - Beauty run, vision ... Huh maybe lost the tempo to solve his problems later ... But definately huge part of w16 history !!!
Plight - here from day 1 ... And yes they are still here ... Nothing more to say - it's enough for me !!!
CND/Center - don't know, a little bit sad about but that's life, that's TW life ... C2 - kudos for them ...
Maybe my vote or whatever need to go for Plight (eh CND/Center were good too but can't vote for them :icon_razz: )!!!

About players is a little bit hard story ... Too many ...
What about SF - that dark soul, what about Russki - co-played a little bit in w45 and show me other aspect of the game in our little battle here in w16 , what about OE - for his vision, Baumir - for his solo run, Rqzaniq and vocil - at least for K45, guys in CND/Center - like Pistol, Beardsy, Aelies, Onaryc, Warhawg, TheMonkey - I'm ready to die for , Socrates , Legendry, Axl , guys from C2 to never give up in our war, MsSunhine and more ( :) ) ... Again maybe I miss some players but I'm getting old ... Eh what about Gatt and other haters - they give some good written or unwritten stories - yeah they were part of that world !!! So my vote maybe need to go for SF (eh TBH Warhawg and TheMonkey - feel them like a mentors .. No matter that Syrah said that I'm better then him :lol: ) ...

So ... That's from me ...
It's monday and Liverpool still losing vital point to prevent posible relegation ... It's sad in both ways ...

and yeah Hallo to all - Malk, Pistol , Rascal and other good boys who post here

DeletedUser

as a tribe i would say hippos, they dominated W16's early life and would have continued to do so had things gone differently for OE

as for player im not sure, a lot have had a big influence on W16. OE had a huge influence, as has Seagryfn, Sacredfool, Dopeas, adamjrose, Michielk, orel1, Zvone, mLion, gammy to mention just a few.

not to mention me :icon_wink:

not sure who i would pick as the most influential of all though

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure you're alone in thinking I had any influence on W16. Even I doubt I had any influence in W16 :icon_neutral:. Unless you call debating everything influential, that is :icon_razz:.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure you're alone in thinking I had any influence on W16. Even I doubt I had any influence in W16 :icon_neutral:. Unless you call debating everything influential, that is :icon_razz:.

Or going through loads of accounts :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Axl was a class act, I enjoyed playing alongside him even though it was short. You always knew you could rely on him to do exactly as was asked and more. Suncraft certainly won't be forgotten either, not for his playing skills (although he was a very good player), but for his ability to keep on fighting no matter what, not just in game (despite our destiny seemingly being fullfilled into the ashes), but in real life as well. The most influential player here that I've met without a doubt.

As for tribe, despite being an enemy once, ~LS~ always had my respect. You learn a lot when being beaten the crap out of day in day out by a great team unit and grow stronger because of it.

DeletedUser

Or going through loads of accounts :icon_wink:

Coming from the guy who's not on his original :icon_wink:.

I upgraded 3 times while staying in my tribe, and I took more than a few months in between my tribe switch to c2...I never switched tribes because my original tribe thought I was a spy :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser78416

I always felt axl had a chip on his shoulder. Seemed cocky in a way, as if his time was more valuable than others.

MichielK

Can you try again please? I don't particularly see how you don't see Plight as a valid alternative to C², whatever you think of their current state the tribe itself has had a massive influence on the world from before day one.

I agree that Plight had a huge influence on W16. The same applies to CND, Hippos, BANG, HRV, ORC, etc. However, the question was which tribe was the most influential.

Let's compare...C² has reached far more milestones first (18-2), has been more aggressive (55% more ODA, not to mention the entire top 10 in ODA being C² members) , has fought larger and better enemies (CND in their prime, Plight+HRV+LS+*MK* combined), and has a huge lead in the head-to-head despite fighting on multiple fronts for a large part of the war. Where did Plight have a bigger influence?

I can understand why people would vote for Hippos or CND; one was the first major tribe and owned the world early on, while the other won the core and remained undefeated until the end. Both tribes achieved impressive things that C² didn't at the time...Plight cannot claim the same.

If you can argue that players other than OE had a bigger influence on W16 then do so! Would be nice to read about those people that influenced the world if not the PnP and there's only people such as yourself that can tell us those stories, I still love reading about W16 and it would be great to hear your's and other's views about who has really made the difference here.

I'm sticking with my vote for OE, but this category is very subjective and depends on what you feel is important.

Is it a long reign at the top of the rankings? AxlTheCat topped the rankings for what feels like eons...he was second to 10 villages, and still led the rankings around 500. Or the most impressive individual achievement? Baumir was a longtime fixture in the top 3 despite playing tribeless...that's not something you see on many worlds. Or the most impressive tribal achievement? Funkmun I and rag took a rim tribe and lead it to the number 1 spot. Is it aggression? Lamarth reached 100 million ODA in early November, and months later there's still no one who even reached 90. Or longevity? Seagryfn has a longer tenure as the duke of a major tribe than anyone in the world. Zvone, SacredFool, Adam, Socrates, Tyler, Jeor, Kerbogha, Rascal, Salvkas....all deserving choices for widely differing reasons.

Heck, I've seen my name mentioned in this thread, so apparently a few "titles" as most entertaining forum poster work as well :icon_razz:

The bottom line is that it's highly personal and subjective, and that's why I said I could argue for other players...the reason I picked OE is because his influence actually transcended W16 and spread over all of TW.

MichielK

I always felt axl had a chip on his shoulder. Seemed cocky in a way, as if his time was more valuable than others.

I've always considered Axl to be a decent and civil guy, but I agree that he sometimes had trouble passing an opportunity to hint at his own achievements and position himself as 'superior'. Cocky is the right word, I think...arrogant would be too strong, confident too weak.

Then again, he led the player rankings from the early stages to the start of the endgame phase...he has the right to be a bit cocky :icon_wink:

DeletedUser78416

I've always considered Axl to be a decent and civil guy, but I agree that he sometimes had trouble passing an opportunity to hint at his own achievements and position himself as 'superior'. Cocky is the right word, I think...arrogant would be too strong, confident too weak.

Then again, he led the player rankings from the early stages to the start of the endgame phase...he has the right to be a bit cocky :icon_wink:

Not so much that, but little things like not responding to mails, ignoring direct questions geared towards him in forums, etc.

Probably, he is the not so loud, mildly quiet type in real life and players whom speak freely at times, like myself...he may have not cared for much. Who knows, but at the end of the day a tribemate is a tribemate, especially one that carries their weight and more. Just seemed that he cared more about his own weight.

No doubt he was a good active player though.