BiP, What happened to your friends?

Mithrae

For someone that doesn't know the story of how the war between BiP & Infamy it would be interesting to hear both sides.

True dat. Within 24 hours of a merge initiated over the Christmas break, ex-C9 members had already conquered 3 villages off their former allies. Surely there's a back story there? Maybe their alliance terms stipulated only an 8 hour cooldown period :confused:

But I don't understand the logic when it seems the biggest beneficiaries here will be the TEA/2HARD alliance now free to dominate ~70% of the map largely unopposed. And worst of all, be mean to all the lovely folk in Defy!

DeletedUser118986

This thread has become ridiculous. All of this constant he said she garbage.

Al, you still have not answered the question. You keep dodging it indirectly. So let me put it on a silver platter for you. Do you have proof of a conversation (skype or in game) between Bill and Frederick that clearly states a merge was agreed upon? Not some random person in BiP who had no real knowledge of the situation.

True dat. Within 24 hours of a merge initiated over the Christmas break, ex-C9 members had already conquered 3 villages off their former allies. Surely there's a back story there? Maybe their alliance terms stipulated only an 8 hour cooldown period :confused:

But I don't understand the logic when it seems the biggest beneficiaries here will be the TEA/2HARD alliance now free to dominate ~70% of the map largely unopposed. And worst of all, be mean to all the lovely folk in Defy!

Next, there has been some accidental cross nobling instances. But each of those have been resolved. So the constant spewing of garbage that everyone keeps throwing around doesn't make you look smart. It makes you look like an ass.

Al is clearly still angry about world 83 and cannot seem to move on. So instead he spends his time making himself seem smart while assuming all of his answers. You know what they say about assuming, "It makes an ass out of you u and me".

Mithrae

Next, there has been some accidental cross nobling instances. But each of those have been resolved. So the constant spewing of garbage that everyone keeps throwing around doesn't make you look smart. It makes you look like an ass.

Zero cross nobling instances in the months beforehand... then six in the couple of days after merging into Infamy and a (photoshopped?) [url=https://i.gyazo.com/a7b938a0db3bef1e43b05192ababfd67.png]war declaration[/URL]. Gotcha.

I'm not sure there was any need to get personal, was there?

DeletedUser

Since this is all getting rather boring and I feel sorry for certain people, BiP and Infamy are not at war. I would have thought this obvious by now on a cursory look at TWstats, but obviously not. What seems to have happened is that when C9 merged into Infamy, there was some growing pains in a diplomatic agreement that was only held between C9 and BiP but not between Infamy and BiP, most likely due to a different leadership in the new merged tribe. It was quickly solved. It is not uncommon either for uncertainty to cause crossnobling, I doubt it will happen in the long term.

If C9 backstabbed BiP, you'd see BiP members/leaders flooding on the forums telling everyone so. You had about 5 DisP members posting about C9 and they weren't even a top tribe. So where are these BiP members?

That's what I get as someone who is not even in the world. How come I can figure this out* yet the leader of the rank 1 tribe cannot and proceeds to make himself look like a laughing stock?

*and I had a good idea even before I talked to Jasper but just did not know the specifics

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score

Oh, you have no idea how we are going to end you guys. No idea :D

With cuddlez and cookiez

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Al, you still have not answered the question. You keep dodging it indirectly. So let me put it on a silver platter for you. Do you have proof of a conversation (skype or in game) between Bill and Frederick that clearly states a merge was agreed upon? Not some random person in BiP who had no real knowledge of the situation.

I haven't dodged the question. I am not going to post Skype chats/IGM without the persons permission. If you would like to prove me otherwise be my guest? You won't because information proving anything other than I was right about what happened doesn't exist.

Mithrae

Since this is all getting rather boring and I feel sorry for certain people, BiP and Infamy are not at war. I would have thought this obvious by now on a cursory look at TWstats, but obviously not. What seems to have happened is that when C9 merged into Infamy, there was some growing pains in a diplomatic agreement that was only held between C9 and BiP but not between Infamy and BiP, most likely due to a different leadership in the new merged tribe. It was quickly solved. It is not uncommon either for uncertainty to cause crossnobling, I doubt it will happen in the long term.

So if I can piece this together chronologically...

046 | Barbarian village (525|390) K35
was conquered by...
RcForbes [BiP] on 2016-12-27 - 19:01:04, then by
Jon Targaryen [Infamy] on 2016-12-27 - 19:27:58, a genuine cross-nobling; then by
RcForbes [BiP] on 2016-12-28 - 01:28:37, then
The Gay Land Pirate [Infamy] on 2016-12-28 - 16:43:32, then
RcForbes [BiP] on 2016-12-28 - 16:46:10

Meanwhile
chrofarm [Infamy] on 2016-12-28 - 06:17:29
nobles a village last conquered by
The Red Cella [BiP] on 2016-12-28 - 02:35:24 (025 NeilAce... (577|303) K35)

Probably another cross-nobling, this time uncontested.

Somewhere along the line here, the leaders of one or both tribes decide that it's a good idea to make a joke or pre-emptive war declaration?? BiP declares war against Infamy. And then we have some conquests which very clearly are not cross-nobling:

Beavis and Butthead [Infamy] on 2016-12-28 - 08:38:28
Drygolin [BiP] on 2016-11-08 - 22:29:30 (Beavis 046 (466|442) K44)

Jon Targaryen [Infamy] on 2016-12-28 - 10:05:21
RcForbes [BiP] on 2016-12-21 - 12:50:12 (048 | BIP (521|393) K35)

smithythefitter [Infamy] on 2016-12-28 - 22:46:58
RcForbes [BiP] on 2016-12-20 - 12:55:49 (BIP (515|397) K35)

But apparently it's all sorted out now and everyone is happy. Especially Defy, just to put everyone's minds at ease :)