Blogger Wanted

DeletedUser

Thats what I expected. The unreasonable caglen. Hes back

File Not Found

Ofc, all officials are biased by PiP's definition. So, becoming a blogger, would mean you have to be as bias as I am. (that was a joke incase anyone took me seriously)

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Bloggers are permitted to be biased on the PnP. As players in the world, it's impossible to completely set aside our bias at all times. In our blogs and in posts we make in our capacity as bloggers, however, we are expected to be as unbiased as possible. Just because a person expresses bias on the PnP doesn't mean they're incapable of taking a neutral viewpoint.

If anyone wants to apply but is concerned about being biased, your head blogger and the blog admin would be willing to help you with that. It also gets easier with time.

(Also, hi Caglen. *waves*)

DeletedUser

Think that leaves it open to walsh then... Cuz honestly i can't be bothered.

DeletedUser

Bloggers are permitted to be biased on the PnP. As players in the world, it's impossible to completely set aside our bias at all times. In our blogs and in posts we make in our capacity as bloggers, however, we are expected to be as unbiased as possible. Just because a person expresses bias on the PnP doesn't mean they're incapable of taking a neutral viewpoint.

If anyone wants to apply but is concerned about being biased, your head blogger and the blog admin would be willing to help you with that. It also gets easier with time.

(Also, hi Caglen. *waves*)

Hi Druid good to hear from you again.

Well put, and hopefully a we can get some one that can fit the bill but on this world it is gonna be hard.

@FnF and no they don't have to be that biased. :icon_biggrin:

samulis

It's actually surprisingly simple to control your bias (for the most part). Just step back and think about what you are about to write before you write it (I know, sounds sooo hard, right?). I can guarantee that any one of you could do it with a bit of practice and thought.

DeletedUser

To get over the bias issue you really have to be "Well respected by your world peers" if not you won't get the big interviews, and bias itself wouldn't be a barrier as we're all biased in some way, though you expect the people in these positions to rise above that and be fair. If people have abused other positions by not being fair and balanced they wouldn't get the support of the players. Some players risk past indiscretions coming back to haunt them if they want to apply for this.

DeletedUser

Will you please drop an issue that is long past. You didnt get your way so drop it

DeletedUser

To get over the bias issue you really have to be "Well respected by your world peers" if not you won't get the big interviews, and bias itself wouldn't be a barrier as we're all biased in some way, though you expect the people in these positions to rise above that and be fair. If people have abused other positions by not being fair and balanced they wouldn't get the support of the players. Some players risk past indiscretions coming back to haunt them if they want to apply for this.

It's obvious who isn't respected and who won't be getting the position.

DeletedUser

What do you mean? Everyone has their bias whether they like it or not. It's there.

DeletedUser

I've asked if im allowed to do it with my forum record as its not the most clean here :icon_rolleyes: in fact its probably one of the worst in W48

God of War 1994

I was wondering do we have to apply here or some where else

DeletedUser

I was banned in the last two years and i have a bad record... You do it mate :)

DeletedUser

I may apply for it in the next few days if one isnt appointed by then because I just realized i forgot to use the word punkins in my forum mod application so therefore probably wont get even considered for the job.

God of War 1994

just read the requirements i cant blog for 6 months
i can blog for 2 since i am on vacation

DeletedUser

Damn guys, you talk about bias as if it is some kind of massive obsticle. A little annoing... Just objectivly report on what is going on. There are stats that are never bias. Dont write stuff like "CRASH will beat Womble in the war" Just look at the stats and how they are changing and make an educated guess on what might happen, or even better, dont guess at all. Any intelligent human is capable of overcoming his/her bias with no problem. Especially when the issue is not personal. The only thing humans should have a bias towards, that can not be overcome is when the issue concerncs the family, (perhaps best friends) or stnding up for the truth. Reporting on W48 is not exactly personl enough to have a strong bias.

Look at the facts and report them, dont inturprite them, just report (perhaps finish yor posts with an open question that is relivent to what you wrote). We will inturprite them for ourselves. If you are having trouble just reporting, then you def should not be a blogger. Watch the news a little if you like (not the US news of course) but BBC or something if you need practice. They are biast as to what stories they chose to report (that is for sure) but not when reporting the ones that they chose.

P.S. Soz for terrible spelling (PC im using does not have Firefox or Chrome installed)

Last edited by a moderator: