Blue and Light Blue

Shitbrick82

Want to know why you're wrong? Troops fight exponentially and not linear. Exact formulas aren't out in the open, but which flag is better probably depends on the situation.

I got distracted by your avi, love the hoff, an now I know :icon_wink:

DeletedUser79100

Want to know why you're wrong? Troops fight exponentially and not linear. Exact formulas aren't out in the open, but which flag is better probably depends on the situation.

Since you seem to have a good handle on flags, and since the reading i did on them didnt get into the exact methods the flag bonus is calc'd with.

Do you know is the final bonus say with the haul flag calc'd by the individual unit (then rounded up or down) and then each unit new haul added together. Or is the bonus calc'd by the total number of specific troops, and then rounded up or down...

Last edited by a moderator:

blablablablablabla

Since you seem to have a good handle on flags, and since the reading i did on them didnt get into the exact methods the flag bonus is calc'd with.

Do you know is the final bonus say with the haul flag calc'd by the individual unit (then rounded down) and then each unit new haul added together. Or is the bonus calc'd by the total number of specific troops, and then rounded down...

I'm not 100% sure about this, but in most situations with this sort of bonus or added/subtracted percentage both your suggestions are false. To enhance playability, but sustain quick calculations, the game uses only graphical rounding off. The actual value is never rounded up or down. For example look at speed worlds. You build spears there in like 4 seconds if the settings are fast enough. This doesn't mean you make 15 spears in a minute, sometimes 17 or 14 depending on what value was calculated and not the one shown. Same goes for the difference between level 24 and 25 barracks. They both recruit at 25% off the base time, but for axes it's still like a 9 second difference. Something similar goes for the mine production, if levels aren't 30, the amount gained per second isn't a whole number, but say you get 2 resources per second your warehouse shows +1, +2, +1, +2 every second it updates. This shows that even resources are kept at rational numbers rather than integers. This however, obviously, doesn't work for the population flag. Half an axe doesn't exist xD If it is really rounded down/up the latter thing you said is true. Only rounded down/up at the total haul, not per unit. (Just tested it)

So in conclusion, I'd say you just loot a rational number of resources rather than an integer, but not 100% sure though. If I'm wrong, the total haul gets rounded, not unit haul. But this makes absolutely no difference as the less than 0.5 resource difference per attack makes like no difference at all.

DeletedUser79100

Ya guess i never paid attention to how the system rounds the building lvl %'s.

Though after taking some of what you said to a calculator, i see what your saying. Guess i wont be paying much attention to the exact math of the flags either since when you get down to it the numbers are so small, why waste the time ;)

Thnx for the speedy response.

blablablablablabla

Well only the difference between two different flags is small, the difference between a flag and no flag is big. Always have a high level packet flag in every cluster which you send resources to for storing, for every five nobles you build, you'll get ~1 for free. Always use all of your recruitment flags, preferably levels 1-3, upgrading them higher is just a waste. Always use a high level defense flag when you have stacked a village. Try to use as much attack/pop flags when nuking (not going into the discussion with chips again :p). Save your res production flags for early early early game of the next flag world, save your haul flags for early early game of the next flag world (both have lost their uses for a medium sized player by now) And to finish off, luck flags are just complete shit.

Once again I'm saying that this is just my opinion, everyone is free to have their own and I'm not going in to any discussion because of my headache.

DeletedUser89403

And about 2/3 of my high level flags have been luck flags :(

DeletedUser

luck flags would have been useful if they only worked in your favour.
But as they can also remove your own luck bonus it kinda makes them a double edged sword.
which you just dont get with any other flag