bobbies sig shop

DeletedUser

IF YOU WANT A SIGNATURE

1) I need a render to use from http://planetrenders.net/renders/. No render = no sig

2) I need any font you might want from http://www.dafont.com/

3) I will need 75 PP per sig. i will make exceptions to this IF you can come up with a suitible payment. Until i recieve this payment, i will put in bold, black, letters accross the sig that you have not yet paid me

ones done using tutorials, the further down the list, the later i made them

note - i did not make these tuts, i am just saying what tut i used to make the below sigs, and what i think they are good for
[spoil]good for learning to use brushes, and the settings of layers. also good for learning how to use the render section in the filter section (if that makes sense)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMFDxWUMkAY

my result (i used a different render as i couldnt find the one he was)

assasinscreddsig.png

good for learning one of the uses of the gradient tool, but thats about it. to new users - unlike this guy, put blastoise on another layer so you can edit it in future and add effects to it if you want to. NEVER put it on the same layer as your background as this guy has done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZshWR319KLQ

my result

blastoisesimplesig.png

i would avoid using this one altogether. he doesnt explain much and the end result is nothing to write home about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Xue17wRCs

my result

optimusprime.png

heres a sig i like, but the tutorial isnt great persay. it explains how to do everything it is doing perfectly, so it would be kinda good for beginers i guess, but you dont learn much from it. the only thing i got from it was a nice brush set :p i also did something the tut didnt say to do, i destaurated the render which makes it a lot better in my eyes

anyway, heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdO6qVCpcMs

and my end result

hegetasig.png

this one is ok i guess..... good at explaining stuff but all it does is slap a render in with some brushes in front and behind it. the only one ive found so far that actually took a bit of effort to do was the first one i did with the assassins creed render in

nonetheless, here is the tut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qweu4KxDNuQ

and here is the total mess of a siggy that came out of it

bumblebeesiggy.png

this ones a decent tutorial, gives you a bit of experience with gradient maps and dodging and burning. however, with the render i used (i could not find the one he used for the life of me) it looks absolutely *%(!, i had to add aother layer with the original on so the redness didnt kill my eyes, so unless you use the right render here, it totally messes the siggy up. i also would not reccomend this tutorial for true beginners. i would reccomend using this for users that have some experience with GIMP but are still learning how to make good sigs

anyway.... the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt_r19fcsAI&feature=channel

and my outcome

waytoomanygradientmapssig.png

another mediocre tutorial below. doesnt really tell you how to do a lot, i didnt follow the tut down to the line, but did pretty much what it said to.

my differences:

i went with a dark red background rather than a bright green. to get this, do what he did (but make it red using one of the abstract gradients). then set your fg colour to a darker version of the colour your using (i used dark red), set the gradient type to value and do a short stroke upwards from just below the image

i also used a different render that i had lying around on my computer. i felt it went better with the geeral colour scheme than the ones he chose. i also made mine a lot bigger to make it the focal point of the peice. i suggest you do the same thing with this sig

also, i brushed all around the edges in orange with a brush from the dynasty brush set off deviantart and then set the layer mode to overlay. i also liked the look of it when i set it to dodge and set the opacictiy to about 40, but i decided to go with overlay

i also used a different font (if anyone cares about that) cause i didnt have the one he was using on my comp

anyway.... heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMKmm4khTZo

and my end result

nameateachsidesig.png
[/spoil]

ones done from my own imagination - the higher, the more recent

Mai first siggeh in AAAAGGGGEEEEESSSSSS

spudd4.png

edited version, with a bit more dodging and burning on the render and a different name

5anukz.png

for nithrand

33cwtxd.png

First one ive done in ages, neway, for --Destiny-- aka --Andrew--

ichigosiggehnew.png

Fallendeva

assasinscreedsiggeh.png

unserpassedfanatic

lilwaynenew.png

one for my own use instead of using the one rh0nin made

startofmistysiggy.png

tiger32k

newnewsiggy.png

edited for andyboggsy

siggyness-1.png

andyboggsy, b4 editing the text

siggyness.png

a readable version for holmant33 - text done by zach

holmant33sig-1.png

holmant33

holmant33sig.png

crackraider

crackraidersigfirsdraft.png

for greeny

kindafinnishedsiggy-1.png

for faeria

siggyforbobo.jpg

roses, but edited text colour so it didnt hurt x's eyes

rosesiggy-2.jpg

for rose

rosesiggy.jpg

for jed

jedsig.jpg

for areyoukidden (although he had someone else edit it for him... grrr)

ayk-1.jpg

for madmaz

madmazssiggy.jpg

for overlorderk

overlorderksig.jpg
- my very first siggy.... im still not much better :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Most of your signatures deserve some font work. I think a simple fix would be adding 1px outlines, or in general making the text stand out a bit more (make it brighter, or darker if it's on a bright background vice versa). I think that's why your current silentfrost signature is better than the others. Even though it doesn't have an outline, the bevel and emboss sort of gives it one...

You've definitely improved. Good work. :) I'd recommend you start making your own backgrounds through the filter option and stuff in PS though... Not just slapping someone else's work in behind a render. But yeah, good work bob dog. In time you'll be a pro. Like me. *cough* :lol::icon_redface::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Most of your signatures deserve some font work. I think a simple fix would be adding 1px outlines, or in general making the text stand out a bit more (make it brighter, or darker if it's on a bright background vice versa). I think that's why your current silentfrost signature is better than the others. Even though it doesn't have an outline, the bevel and emboss sort of gives it one...

You've definitely improved. Good work. :) I'd recommend you start making your own backgrounds through the filter option and stuff in PS though... Not just slapping someone else's work in behind a render. But yeah, good work bob dog. In time you'll be a pro. Like me. *cough* :lol::icon_redface::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

i use gimp.... lol.... i ent gonna bother downloading ps too and then spending yet more time learning the basics of another program lol

and yeah i do agree i need to do work on my fonts, im not really an arty person, was just doing sigs to pass the time honestly, but itll come with time

PS i didnt make my current sig, Rh0nin did.

PSS the sig i have atm does have a 1pxl border :p

DeletedUser

I'm not talking about borders. I'm talking about the font having a 1px outline.

But yeah, sigs need borders. Plain and simple does the trick but I like doing something like uka's and my sig every now and then too, especially when it's a brightish sort of sig.

You're doin well for a guy that isn't the 'arty' type. :)

But I suggest you torrent PS and learn it. I've tried both programs and highly reccomend PS over gimp. Each to their own, though.

DeletedUser

I'm not talking about borders. I'm talking about the font having a 1px outline.

But yeah, sigs need borders. Plain and simple does the trick but I like doing something like uka's and my sig every now and then too, especially when it's a brightish sort of sig.

You're doin well for a guy that isn't the 'arty' type. :)

But I suggest you torrent PS and learn it. I've tried both programs and highly reccomend PS over gimp. Each to their own, though.

oic, i did try doing a pxl outline for the text on roses sig (that one was an experimental one) and it looked awful... lol so i left out the border in that case, but i guess it depends on what font you use, the one on roses is... thin so it looked a little odd when the border doubled the thickness of the text

oh and im watching a tutorial atm for making my own backgrounds on gimp, ill try and make my own in future

DeletedUser

A dark purple would go good guns on roses. The colour of the "Blackrose" lettering is too similar to the background. It's like looking at this. ... In other words, it hurts your eyes when you try reading it.

DeletedUser

Love your work Bobby, I just started to experimant with making them but got to ask you what program do you use?
I have photoshop but dont have the patience.

DeletedUser

Love your work Bobby, I just started to experimant with making them but got to ask you what program do you use?
I have photoshop but dont have the patience.

Me in the 3rd post said:
i use gimp.... lol.... i ent gonna bother downloading ps...........

lol....

DeletedUser

/me hides in the dark corner from embarrasment........ummm.....I'm blonde.....thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it .thnx Bobby

DeletedUser

PS 7 was the best, imo. If you're gunna learn, get that. Then upgrade to cs3 or 4, or whatever it's up to now.

DeletedUser

ok here is roses with the different coloured text

even if she doesnt use it, its still me best one so far

rosesiggy-1.jpg

oops this is without the border :|

lol ill redo the border

edit

rosesiggy-2.jpg

DeletedUser

Hey Bobby, do you think you can give sarzinas siggy a shot? I've been working on it and I cant get it right or at least I dont like what I do with it. Please?
Something with EverQuest background?

DeletedUser

new sig for faeria

siggyforbobo.jpg

That sig is rather cool, actually.

But again, the text lets it down. I dunno if Gimp has 'anti aliasing' as an option for the text, but if it does... Set it to strong or sharp. I forget what it's called. Been a while :icon_redface:. It'll make the text's edges smoother and less pixelly/ugly when you look at it closely.

This is ofcourse me studying it and looking for flaws. At first glance it's great. Don't drop your head :icon_biggrin: ... Just fix the text (especially the orange two) and it'll be sex. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

alright im gonna have to start charging pp with the sudden amount of requests ive got after making faerias sig because its eating time from my rl and time that i should be spending on tw

i offered shango pop a siggy a while a go and havent got round to it yet (cause he hasnt found me the pics)
ive got blackrose wanting me to do a coa
i got greeny wanting me to make him one
i got skaterboy wanting me to make him one
and holmant33 wanting me to make him one

plus im gonna have to redo overlorderks siggy soon.... i dunno if he wants me to publicise is or not so ask him
and some sky mem (cant remember which one) thought the sig i made for faeria was amazing so ill prbs be asked to make him one

but guys, if you want me to do your siggy first, your gonna have to send me pp ingame (silentfrost is my ign) and send me the links for the renders you want to use, i will not do you a siggy until i have some of the renders and have some idea of what you would want in it, and then work off that, like with faerias, he bombarded me with renders, i chose some to use and then looked for the middle render as it had a good flow to link the blue and the red together. he also sent me the font he wanted on it.

oh and, here is faerias siggy with the orange text antialiaised, though i cant see any difference

unblendeddraftwithnotextforbobo-1.png

DeletedUser

and some sky mem (cant remember which one) thought the sig i made for faeria was amazing so ill prbs be asked to make him one

that would be me lol. although i have no idea what goes in to sig making so i really have no idea waht renders and such are. i also have no PP i use a free account =S