Borg/DDB Just seem to be purely hated but why?

nQthing

Well to my understand we basically destroyed raj,mini quit he don't count anymore just more of annoying child now who cried because he broke hes leg bla bla, we took our rad, and pnik and seems to be more but that's all i know personally i was involved with o ya we just took our left side ally well they quit but still more land grabs for us, and nothing I use't to talk to you it was quiet nice in the past tbh up till now i was pretty friendly with ctrl players and never got into fights like you think Borg does all the time.

you didnt to shit to raj, he was being attacked by ddb and borg, and was surronded by enemies, he was in your territory. and you werent even able to rim him.

hes alot smaller now but still kicking...

Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: raj.channel

Side 2:
Tribes: DDB DDBBQ BORG
Players:

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 233
Side 2: 484
Difference: 251

image.php

raj > ddborg

edit: tuba based borg in total points :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

you attack him 3 tribes and you are happy with 251 villages?
soon we will take them all back.do not worry for that.
man you play 16 hours a day and your tribemates tell us that we do not have real life?
i like it.:)

DeletedUser

I left this world a couple of weeks ago and the Doc said that as part of my cold turkey program, I could continue to post here once in a while! :)

Proxking, in answer to your original question. I don't hate BORG, but here are some of the reasons why I dislike them:

1. They took over 3 months to give us an alliance when we asked for one at the end of last year. The reason they delayed so long was because they wanted to persuade GTG to merge into them.

2. When it became clear that GTG preferred to keep their identity, they put further pressure on us by taking a lot of our larger players from us. I warned all their leaders at the time that taking our players who had arrived with us from BDR would have the effect of making it more likely that we would side with CTRL in any BORG/CTRL war.. but did they listen?

At the time, we were pretty much on a par with TUBA in the rankings and BORG taking a dozen or so of our players really hurt us.

If BORG had given us an alliance when we originally asked for it, they would not have taken those players, because allies do not take players from each other without permission.

3. BORG's main spokesperson on this forum is finny. He seems to have qualified to be the main spokesperson on this forum for BORG, simply because he has the biggest mouth! :)

Well, it's OK for a representative of a tribe to be vocal on behalf of his tribe, providing he has the intelligence to go with it and providing they can back it up wioth achievements in the game. Finny fails on both these counts.

He lacks class and respect and he lacks intelligence. He contradicts himself time and again and makes BORG a laughing stock with each post he makes.

As an example, I have just noticed he contributed to GTG's leaving thread. Just about every other person on that thread managed to show some respect and sadness that GTG were leaving world 10. I delieberately did not try to claim any sort of victory for GTG in my original post, but he could not resist saying that BORG had won their war against GTG. (Even though we kicked BORG's butt for seven months and took nearly twice as many vwar villages than we lost.)

4. Most of BORG's players who were the original account holders when this war broke out have gone. All of their original leaders have gone from the game.

It's ok for a tribe to have a few replacement account holders, GTG had 4 or 5 accounts that were not played by their original owners, but once it gets up to around 75% of the accounts being run by players who did nothing to deserve the big accounts that were handed to them, then a tribe loses it's respect and identity.

Yes, I am sure GTG could have continued if I had put out a call for people to take over inactive accounts.. but then it would not have been GTG to my way of thinking.

5. Suspicions over the way accounts are transferred around between BORG players.

This is not about giving inactive accounts to new account holders, it is more about re-circulating accounts amongst yopur existing players in order to keep accounts alive and usable beyond the 60 day sitting stage.

For instance, I know of several BORG players who have transferred between 2 or 3 BORG accounts. Zhenlan has played at least 4 accounts in BORG

It's annoying in war when an account that has obviously been inactive for more than 60 days suddenly comes to life. If this happened once or twice then I could accept that the old account owner had found someone to take it over. However, it happened so many times in BORG that it raises the suspicion that account passwords were kept and accounts reactivated by the merry-go-round of account transferrance within BORG. This is not only against the rules of account sitting, it is also against the reason that account sitting was originally allowed. I.E. To allow temporary sitting of an account for an account holder who would be returning.

Of course proving the above is impossible, but as I say, so many people in BORG have switched accounts to make it highly suspicious. In fact, you yourself have switched from your original account (although I am not saying that, in your case, this was not a genuine situation of you leaving and then deciding later you wanted to return to the game)

Please don't say "Well CTRL do the same". This is not a thread about CTRL and I do not know, nor do I care if CTRL do it as well. All I know is about how GTG operated and we did not resort to these methods.

6. The anonymity of those playing BORG accounts.

When you are playing a game like this, where there is inter-reaction between the players you are at war with, it's good to know WHO you are fighting against. Otherwise you might as well be playing against bots.

BORG players seem to go to great lengths to avoid saying which accounts they are playing. Finny is the perfect example.. he infers he is still playing (at least he talks like he is playing, but there is a great mystery about which account he is actuualy playing. Could be, of course, that he is all mouth again and he is not actually playing an account, although still making himself out to be the spokesperson for BORG.

7. BORG's lack of respect for their enemies.

Apart from yourself, it seems that not one person, apart form yourself, posted showed any respect for GTG, on our leaving thread. To their credit, there were several posters from DDB that showed their respect, even though we were on opposite sides.

8. BORG's inability to leave this world with good grace.

When I posted that GTG were effectively disbanding, this gave BORG the perfect opportunity to bow out of this world with some honour and dignity. It is well known that over half your accounts are sat and GTG's statement gave BORG the opportunity to make a similar announcement.

Yes, there are players in both GTG and BORG who would wish to continue playing.. but the GTG players who wished to continue went to CTRL and BORG players could have gone to one of the DDB tribes.

All our sat accounts were left to delete and all BORG's sat accounts could have gone the same way. Most of the players still playing this world want it to end within months rather than years and if BORG has disbanded in the same way as GTG did, then this process could have been speeded up.

GTG showed BORG the honorable way for a tribe to exit this world. Unfortunately BORG did not take the hint and follow suit. Instead you get an idiot like finny posting and declaring victory over GTG!

By stubbornly continuing, with their overwhelming weight of sat accounts, BORG is ensuring that this world is likely to continue for another couple of years... for what?

9. BORG's (and DDB's for that matter) apparent strategy for war against CTRL of trying to take more barbs than villages they lose in war.

Both tribes appear to concentrate more on taking barb's than fighting against live enemies and finny's statement on the GTG thread that this is an acceptable way of wining a war makes BORG look pathetic. Can I remind all BORG and DDB players that YOU were the ones that declared war against CTRL? You say that at least you had the balls to declare against CTRL and if you had not done so then this wolrd would have died, but declaring and making the taking of barb's your main strategy for victory is a bit pointless.

10. A lot of the public trash talking about GTG by finny, welsh and a few others from BORG in the first few weeks of our war with BORG.

Yes, I know PnP is about trying to demoralise and talk down your enemy, but comparing GTG to LunaW and saying that we would go the same way as that tribe was pretty insulting.

And when it became obvious that we were more than capable of holding our own against BORG and that we were in fact well ahead against them.. there were no retractions and no apologies and little public respect shown by BORG for our acheivements against them.

THESE are most of the reasons why I personally dislike BORG. It is a personal answer to the original question you posted and the reasons I have given are not intended for discussion to change my mind. For one thing, I will not be around that often to continue the discussion now I have left world 10.

Sorry it's such a very long post.. but then there are just so MANY reasons to dislike BORG!!:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Really is why I ask, why is Borg/DDB hated so much in world 10 that everyone in tribal wars that goes to the world 10 forum just seems to go against us. We are the last force that stands against ctrl, gtg, and tuba. This is the last war that will end all wars in world 10 who ever wins won't fight much anymore because everyone just wants this war to end both sides. But to geting to the point of this topic WE been here as long as ctrl has and I really seriously think that we should get sum enjoyment instead of being called the FAIL of world ten. We declared war because it was meant to be and no one can say it was not. All other major tribes have died left and its only to the last 4 major tribes. You should think about what you made this war become to be you really should.

-Eric.

Borg:

1- Talk big, nothing ever happens.
2- Members flame then cry when sh*t hits the fan
3 - the amount of members that were on here making a fool out of Borg at the begining of the war
4 - Don't deserve the place in the world they have, merging with BLT, and face it, virtually merging with half of LunaW if you want to look back through your tribe changes)
5 - All respected Borg members left.

DDB

1 - Never done anything with themselves- although they think they can suddenly overpower CTRL 2 v 1?
2 - Lied to CTRL and LunaW when they agreed they would declare on Borg within 2 weeks, that never happened, funnily after talking that they would declare on Borg, Borg doesnt mind to team with them now?
3 - All my friends in DDB have left and gone back to play RS, all the rest seem to be shockingly bad, including the leaders.

That enough reasons for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxking
Seems i got a message ooo a infraction well enjoy your forums seems im not welcome and you enjoy destroying world tens name tbh if i put you against world one you be crushed well enjoy your self's ;p

No, CTRL's creating a bigger name for itself, just ticking off more Huge tribes they've taken down.

I don't understand your logic at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser71154

Well everyone knows I'm just a pest and budgie knows why I cannot leave yet :) and been taught more about respect with my 2-3 weeks fight straight fighting with him. In the end every tribe deserved to have a place but you can hate us. The Borg you know atm is more sturbon then ever.
Final post.

DeletedUser

3. BORG's main spokesperson on this forum is finny. He seems to have qualified to be the main spokesperson on this forum for BORG, simply because he has the biggest mouth! :)

Well, it's OK for a representative of a tribe to be vocal on behalf of his tribe, providing he has the intelligence to go with it and providing they can back it up wioth achievements in the game. Finny fails on both these counts.

He lacks class and respect and he lacks intelligence. He contradicts himself time and again and makes BORG a laughing stock with each post he makes.
If you wanted my respect then you shouldn't have spit in my face when I came to you when aRamez left. You basically told me to F myself and then continued to hammer me with insults toward not only myself but toward BORG and toward aRamez.
guess you got yours in the end, I'm not to worried.

4. Most of BORG's players who were the original account holders when this war broke out have gone. All of their original leaders have gone from the game.

It's ok for a tribe to have a few replacement account holders, GTG had 4 or 5 accounts that were not played by their original owners, but once it gets up to around 75% of the accounts being run by players who did nothing to deserve the big accounts that were handed to them, then a tribe loses it's respect and identity.
Again shall we talk about your good buddies CTRL? I think half of them are Luna and some more are Nomads, not to mention some of the GTG they've probably gotten recently. Talk to them before you talk to BORG.

6. The anonymity of those playing BORG accounts.

When you are playing a game like this, where there is inter-reaction between the players you are at war with, it's good to know WHO you are fighting against. Otherwise you might as well be playing against bots.

BORG players seem to go to great lengths to avoid saying which accounts they are playing. Finny is the perfect example.. he infers he is still playing (at least he talks like he is playing, but there is a great mystery about which account he is actuualy playing. Could be, of course, that he is all mouth again and he is not actually playing an account, although still making himself out to be the spokesperson for
BORG.
You're seriously crying about this? An account is an account no matter who is playing it, seriously now you're excuses are just getting worse and worse. Next you're going to say you quit because we called you names... Pfffftttt.

7. BORG's lack of respect for their enemies.

Apart from yourself, it seems that not one person, apart form yourself, posted showed any respect for GTG, on our leaving thread. To their credit, there were several posters from DDB that showed their respect, even though we were on opposite sides.
Again, respect is earned. I've said on several occasions how I respect SOME players in CTRL (the ones whose ego doesn't overshadow them). GTG however had no one who earned my respect. Especially not you, sorry.

8. BORG's inability to leave this world with good grace.

When I posted that GTG were effectively disbanding, this gave BORG the perfect opportunity to bow out of this world with some honour and dignity. It is well known that over half your accounts are sat and GTG's statement gave BORG the opportunity to make a similar announcement.

Yes, there are players in both GTG and BORG who would wish to continue playing.. but the GTG players who wished to continue went to CTRL and BORG players could have gone to one of the DDB tribes.

All our sat accounts were left to delete and all BORG's sat accounts could have gone the same way. Most of the players still playing this world want it to end within months rather than years and if BORG has disbanded in the same way as GTG did, then this process could have been speeded up.

GTG showed BORG the honorable way for a tribe to exit this world. Unfortunately BORG did not take the hint and follow suit. Instead you get an idiot like finny posting and declaring victory over GTG!

By stubbornly continuing, with their overwhelming weight of sat accounts, BORG is ensuring that this world is likely to continue for another couple of years... for what?
I'm pretty sure BORG members didn't play this world for 2+ years just to "bow out". Whether they win or lose I'm sure BORG won't stop until the last player/village. GTG gave up on the eve of disaster, BORG has hit rough patch after rough patch and they still continue to fight.

10. A lot of the public trash talking about GTG by finny, welsh and a few others from BORG in the first few weeks of our war with BORG.

Yes, I know PnP is about trying to demoralise and talk down your enemy, but comparing GTG to LunaW and saying that we would go the same way as that tribe was pretty insulting.

And when it became obvious that we were more than capable of holding our own against BORG and that we were in fact well ahead against them.. there were no retractions and no apologies and little public respect shown by BORG for our acheivements against them.
You're still dead so the end result of GTG and LunaW is the same, so why retract those statements? However if we were dead and GTG were still alive, I would whole heartedly retract ANY and ALL statements I've said. However, that's not what happened.

DeletedUser

Can we say, Point Proven? :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Oh budgie I just wanted to point one thing out since you mentioned me.

I played THREE accounts not FOUR :icon_razz:

Sorry not giving the names though since none of the accounts are dead. You know what two of them are anyways.

With regard to the topic easy - cause the forum isn't populated by BORG/DDB members; when everyone who posts here is on the opposing side it becomes impossible to not be ... hated.

Respect? Let's not even talk about respect... it's the internet...

DeletedUser

Originally Posted by budgiebird

Again shall we talk about your good buddies CTRL? I think half of them are Luna and some more are Nomads, not to mention some of the GTG they've probably gotten recently. Talk to them before you talk to BORG.

What CTRL does is irrelevant to what GTG did or how BORG operates.

CTRL actually makes public that some of their accounts are no longer played by original owners...and most of those that are not have been played for so long by their current owners it really makes no difference. And most accounts in CTRL are still run by their original owners....BORG just has issues that many of these are no longer in their original tribes. Stupid to think that is a problem when every player has gone through at least 2 tribes in the course of this world.

GTG members that joined CTRL are all on their own original accounts (exception being one that is co-played)....so before you accuse CTRL of doing the same there, think again.

BORG however, goes to great pains to hide what accounts are no longer with original players. They keep accounts sat/inactive forever, suddenly give them life at the last minute to do damage, then they go inactive again. OK, maybe the account is sat, maybe the original owner gave information to get someone new to access and play the account. BORG may not even be stretching the limits of the rules, let alone not breaking them....but it sure looks suspicious when an account with absolutely no activity for 3 months suddenly pops to life, fires off hundreds of attacks over a week or so, then goes dead again....just to have another account follow suit a few days later.

THAT goes beyond pure co-playing. It goes beyond finding a new owner to keep an account alive. It goes way beyond long-term sitting. And it definitely gives the appearance of rule violations done in a manner that manages to elude the game moderators.

DeletedUser

If you wanted my respect then you shouldn't have spit in my face when I came to you when aRamez left. You basically told me to F myself and then continued to hammer me with insults toward not only myself but toward BORG and toward aRamez.
guess you got yours in the end, I'm not to worried.

No finny, you are the last person on this earth that I want respect from!

For respect to have any relevance, it has to come from someone who has some sort of credibility, honesty and at least a shred of dignity.

Unfortunately you possess none of these qualities and you have proved it time and time again on this forum.

I didn't tell you to F off, but I might well have said you were not worth talking to. Nothing you have said since has made me change my mind. Your ignorance is only exceeded by your lack of integrity.

Again shall we talk about your good buddies CTRL?

No.. let's NOT talk about CTRL. If you want to talk about CTRL, make another thread and spout off on there. This thread is about why BORG is hated so much and as RyanCamo has correctly pointed out.. case proven!

You're seriously crying about this? An account is an account no matter who is playing it.

No, I am not crying about it. Proxking asked for people to enlighten him about why BORG were hated so much. I just gave my personal reasons as to why I happen to dislike them.

Transferring dozens of accounts over to new players, when the original owners get tired of getting their butts kicked during a war and want to leave the game, is not, in my opinion, the way that this game was intended to be played. It suits the owners of this game to allow it because it keeps accounts alive and keeps people paying for Premium on that account.

However, it's a bit like having two heavyweight boxers slugging it out and then at the start of round ten, one of the boxers gets a fresh substitute to take over for him.

The only definitive way that wars can be won on this world now is not by taking villages and rimming players.. the accounts are too big for that to happen any more. The only way it can be won is by forcing your opponents to leave the game because they have had enough of being on the wroing end of constant attacks and constantly losing villages. However, if when that situation is reached, the account is merely passed on to another fresh player, then wars will never end. This of course is what the owners of the game want.

Again, respect is earned. I've said on several occasions how I respect SOME players in CTRL (the ones whose ego doesn't overshadow them). GTG however had no one who earned my respect. Especially not you, sorry.

No need to apologise. As I have said, respect from you would be pretty much worthless anyway.

There are BORG players whose respect I would value and appreciate. These are players who have shown skill and dignity in our war against them. You, I am afraid, have shown neither.

I'm pretty sure BORG members didn't play this world for 2+ years just to "bow out". Whether they win or lose I'm sure BORG won't stop until the last player/village. GTG gave up on the eve of disaster, BORG has hit rough patch after rough patch and they still continue to fight.

Most BORG members have bowed out and left the game. There are very few original BORG account holders left playing.

We gave up on the eve of disaster? That is a ridiculous statement even by your standards finny.

[sarcasm] Yeah, we looked at how badly things were going for us and saw the writing on the wall. [/sarcasm]

Let's see how "badly" we did during our final week against BORG:

Side 1:
Tribes: GTG
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: BORG
Players:

Timeframe: 27/11/2009 00:00:00 to 04/12/2009 20:05:25
Side 1: 298
Side 2: 67
Difference: 231

Or perhaps over the last month against BORG:

Side 1:
Tribes: GTG
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: BORG
Players:

Timeframe: Last month

Side 1: 450
Side 2: 195
Difference: 255

No sane or fair-minded person could look at those stats and come to the conclusion that GTG were on the "eve of disaster".

No, we were not on the eve of disaster. We were not about to get wiped out by an enemy who we were still beating convincingly to the very last day.

People made the decision to bow out for a variety of reasons, but the main one was that this war looked likely to go on indefinitely, no matter how well we did.

It is always going to be easy to replace lost war villages with barbs, which is the only strategy BORG has ever had in this war. It is also relatively simple to find new players to gift accounts to in order to keep those accounts live. Neither of these things requires much skill or endeavour.. unlike the skill and endeavour that GTG showed while kicking BORG's butt.

You're still dead so the end result of GTG and LunaW is the same, so why retract those statements?

Actually, technically we are not dead. The tribe is still in existence, even though it has just one member and one village. So, I guess by your twisted logic, GTG are still fighting this war and if BORG disbands before our final member leaves the game, then GTG have won against BORG! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

No finny, you are the last person on this earth that I want respect from!

For respect to have any relevance, it has to come from someone who has some sort of credibility, honesty and at least a shred of dignity.

Unfortunately you possess none of these qualities and you have proved it time and time again on this forum.

I didn't tell you to F off, but I might well have said you were not worth talking to. Nothing you have said since has made me change my mind. Your ignorance is only exceeded by your lack of integrity.

You ever said it yourself... You "might" have said you had nothing to talk to me about, THAT is why to this day I show you no respect. I tried to show respect to you and GTG before we ever went to war. I came to you with respect you did not show it back to begin with which is why to this day I have not shown you ANY.
So don't talk about respect when you showed none to begin with.

About everything else you said about CTRL not being relevant... They are in every way shape and form. If it were not for CTRL you would been dead and gone in the same amount or less the time then LunaW did. When we talk about "The War" it is a combined thing, you can't just take out the pieces you wish. Well, I guess YOU can... :lol:
I love to see how you treat your "allies" after you leave the game. Basically calling TUBA good for nothing and then saying CTRL is irrelevant after they kept you alive longer then you should have been... Nice.

Either way, you're tribe is still dead. Good bye. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

The issue about CTRL in relation to the original account owners, as budgie has said, CTRL openly tell that not all the accounts are the original owners where as BORG who try to hide the fact and deny it. The majority of BORG have new owners and inactive accounts which come to life just to nuke the enemy and then go back to inactivity.

There is a big difference between CTRL and BORG in that situation.

DeletedUser

You ever said it yourself... You "might" have said you had nothing to talk to me about, THAT is why to this day I show you no respect. I tried to show respect to you and GTG before we ever went to war. I came to you with respect you did not show it back to begin with which is why to this day I have not shown you ANY.
So don't talk about respect when you showed none to begin with.

Your reputation preceded you finny. :)

I had read enough of your ravings and saw enough of you contradicting yourself and displaying your ignorance to know that I wanted nothing to do with you. Respect is something which has to be earned and from what I had read from you on here long before I spoke to you, you had earned nothing but disdain from me.

I love to see how you treat your "allies" after you leave the game. Basically calling TUBA good for nothing and then saying CTRL is irrelevant after they kept you alive longer then you should have been... Nice.

There you go again..trying to twist my words and take them completely out of context.

At no time did I say CTRL were irrelevant, nor have I ever said that they were anything but good allies to GTG, as I hope we were in return to them

I said that I did not want to talk about what CTRL does or does not do. I intimated that it was irrelevant to discuss the subject of CTRL on this thread and suggested that if you wanted to criticise CTRL then you should start a new thread.

As far as TUBA is concerned, again this topic is not really the place to discuss TUBA, but I have never hidden my frustration at them for not getting involved in this war well before now. That does not mean that we were bad allies to each other, it just means that I wish we had a chance to fight alongside each other against BORG in a more meaningful way.

There are few enough topics of discussion on this forum and I don't want to give the mod a reason to close this one. Just try to keep it on topic.

DeletedUser

There are few enough topics of discussion on this forum and I don't want to give the mod a reason to close this one. Just try to keep it on topic.

Although I guess really that every time you post on this thread you are keeping it on topic. Don't you realise that you are one of the main reasons why people hate BORG so much?

You prove the point with every post you make.

DeletedUser

About everything else you said about CTRL not being relevant... They are in every way shape and form. If it were not for CTRL you would been dead and gone in the same amount or less the time then LunaW did. When we talk about "The War" it is a combined thing, you can't just take out the pieces you wish. Well, I guess YOU can... :lol:

Ummm...At what point did Budgiebird ever call CTRL 'irrelevant' or that TUBA was 'good for nothing'?????

His words are:
No.. let's NOT talk about CTRL. If you want to talk about CTRL, make another thread and spout off on there. This thread is about why BORG is hated so much and as RyanCamo has correctly pointed out.. case proven!
If you want to argue about hating CTRL, make the thread.

GTG and Budgie have always been CTRL's strongest supporter even before they were allied....GTG disbanding does nothing to alter the respect shown between the tribes. It was a sad occasion yes, but nothing CTRL cant and wont overcome.

TUBA is a different case, but it doesnt mark them as 'good for nothing'. Many in GTG dislike TUBA but honored tribal wishes when the alliance was declared. TUBA has done fairly well in the war despite being far away from BORG...they do share a far eastern front with DDB so those players have some direct contact. But the fact is, while TUBA as a whole hasnt participated directly against BORG due to distance, they have supplied CTRL with assistance, and many are now stepping up toward the frontlines.

GTG and TUBA may not have been best friends, but they were still allies; and we all worked together for a common good with CTRL.

The way you twist everything you read and interpret it in a baseless manner to suit your own shallow means is why you fail to garner, let alone deserve, any respect. There are indeed some BORG members who deserve respect and have earned it, even if they are enemies in this war.....you however, my dear Finny50, are not one of them, and never will be as long as you retain your attitude.

Pepper871

And as for GTG/Tuba relations, while not perfect they have always been respectful to us and us to them. Budgie wrote nothing that wasnt expressed to me long ago directly.
Budgie had enough respect that he went out of his way to make sure we knew his intentions to disband before going public and explain his reasons why.

The fact you, Finny, cant understand and respect that is why Borg is hated