Bot protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I understand they bought bot protection into this world to stop CTRL from cheating (I don't know the full details).

Anyway, now that CTRL are gone who thinks we should get rid of bot protection? It just gets in the way. I'm sure if someone started cheating again they could put it back into place.

Just sometimes I get shapes rather than words as the letters blend into each other. Anyone else get that?

DeletedUser

I understand they bought bot protection into this world to stop CTRL from cheating (I don't know the full details).

Anyway, now that CTRL are gone who thinks we should get rid of bot protection? It just gets in the way. I'm sure if someone started cheating again they could put it back into place.
you understand wrong. bot protection was increased to keep ddb/borg from whining about ctrl "cheating." if ctrl was actually cheating they'd have just banned them.

DeletedUser

I'll think your'll find that some 8aa8 members are using bots. I find the bot protection annoying myself and it does not seem to stop people from cheating, but they must be doing something to stop these cheats. Or maybe thats why you want it removed.

DeletedUser27978

you understand wrong. bot protection was increased to keep ddb/borg from whining about ctrl "cheating." if ctrl was actually cheating they'd have just banned them.

Some of your members were banned for cheating. 1 in particular. lol.

DeletedUser

I guess you were in CTRL as it's only those in CTRL who say they weren't cheating. Macro's cannot be proven no matter what. It's your computer repeating something you have done in some cases so you could be sending multiple fakes going through the system properly. I do find it rather strange that CTRL fell apart and could not fight as well when bot protection was put in place. May have been a coincidence or maybe they were using bots. (either way TW staff would not have put a bot protection in place if they didn't suspect CTRL to be using macros.

I'll think your'll find that some 8aa8 members are using bots. I find the bot protection annoying myself and it does not seem to stop people from cheating, but they must be doing something to stop these cheats. Or maybe thats why you want it removed.

Well I know from inside information no 8AA8 members are using Macros right now. Sometimes players are fairly active and send out a lot of attacks. I have noticed nomads losing more villages than usual and investigated this myself. There is no pattern at all in the types of villages targeted or the times it is purely skilled players in 8AA8 working their way through the fronlint (was mainly looking at Don Piro Niro losing a couple of hundred villages in a few days to 8AA8)

DeletedUser

Some of your members were banned for cheating. 1 in particular. lol.
true... and so was the entire borg leadership lol
I guess you were in CTRL as it's only those in CTRL who say they weren't cheating. Macro's cannot be proven no matter what. It's your computer repeating something you have done in some cases so you could be sending multiple fakes going through the system properly. I do find it rather strange that CTRL fell apart and could not fight as well when bot protection was put in place. May have been a coincidence or maybe they were using bots.
they can't be proven so in other words you can't prove they cheated and you are doing nothing but guessing(except as welsh pointed out for the 1 or 2 who were legitimately suspended for it)

and your timeline is also wayyy off, CTRL were absolutely tearing DDB a new one right before DDB was disbanded, and that was well after the bot protection was increased. in fact most of the damage we did to DDB was done after bot protection increased. CTRL "fell apart" because there were no worthy enemies left.
(either way TW staff would not have put a bot protection in place if they didn't suspect CTRL to be using macros.
bot protection was already active on w10, it was just increased a ton at the time because of all the complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess you were in CTRL as it's only those in CTRL who say they weren't cheating. Macro's cannot be proven no matter what. It's your computer repeating something you have done in some cases so you could be sending multiple fakes going through the system properly. I do find it rather strange that CTRL fell apart and could not fight as well when bot protection was put in place. May have been a coincidence or maybe they were using bots. (either way TW staff would not have put a bot protection in place if they didn't suspect CTRL to be using macros.

3 attacks per second was super human to say the least.

I mean wish I could have clicked that fast back in the day.

Oh sup Welsh.

DeletedUser

dTb-

It was pretty obvious Macro's were being used. If each attack had the same distance apart to the exact millisecond (just rumours I heard I have no proof) that can only be done by a macro on a computer. No human could do that exact to the millisecond.

Most professionals can do 1 second noble trains but to do it with an exact difference of milliseconds is impossible without the aid of macros. The thing about macros is they cannot be detected but I can't think of any other reason tribalwars decided to put bot protection on world 10 and only world 10.

DeletedUser

sending 10k attacks a day means you have to click 3-4x more. imagine clicking that much in a single day.

DeletedUser

sending 10k attacks a day means you have to click 3-4x more. imagine clicking that much in a single day.

Yet someone in 8AA8 has been doing that for weeks now. No way a human can keep up with sending thousands of fakes every day for such a long period of time? :icon_rolleyes:

Edit: But yeah, the bot protection is extremely annoying, I get it really often, and sometimes it's not even letters, or at least letters I got on my keyboard o_O

sean5500 who are you ingame?

DeletedUser

Yet someone in 8AA8 has been doing that for weeks now. No way a human can keep up with sending thousands of fakes every day for such a long period of time? :icon_rolleyes:

Edit: But yeah, the bot protection is extremely annoying, I get it really often, and sometimes it's not even letters, or at least letters I got on my keyboard o_O

sean5500 who are you ingame?

Who in 8AA8? I think to be honest you are just getting beaten. You are lucky that you are not 8AA8's main target or you would have lost a lot more villages.

As to your last question. I do not want to reveal who I am.

DeletedUser

dTb-

It was pretty obvious Macro's were being used. If each attack had the same distance apart to the exact millisecond (just rumours I heard I have no proof) that can only be done by a macro on a computer. No human could do that exact to the millisecond.
i imagine a massive amount of attacks that are the same distance apart would have been plenty of proof for a ban and i may be mistaken but i can only remember a couple CTRL accounts actually being banned for it.

either way the overwhelming majority of CTRL were not using macros so to say "it was implemented because of CTRL" or "CTRL weren't good fighters without cheating" is a pretty massive overstatement. pretty much throws the 98% of legitimate CTRL players into the same category as a couple idiots who decided to ruin everyone's fun.

DeletedUser

I lol´d :lol:

Macro's cannot be proven no matter what.
Trust me, they can be detected pretty easily.

Well I know from inside information no 8AA8 members are using Macros right now.
That sign of stupidity just made me wonder why I even bothered responding...

How can something be obvious when you heard it in rumours? god....
And btw for the exact millisecond part, it's not even possible to do it in the exact same millisecond every time even if someone was using a bot to try and due so, basically due to small server lags and the persons own computer lagging.
Either way someone macroing can be easily detected and thus this, and my above responses to your several posts, shows that you're oblivious.

DeletedUser

i imagine a massive amount of attacks that are the same distance apart would have been plenty of proof for a ban and i may be mistaken but i can only remember a couple CTRL accounts actually being banned for it.

either way the overwhelming majority of CTRL were not using macros so to say "it was implemented because of CTRL" or "CTRL weren't good fighters without cheating" is a pretty massive overstatement. pretty much throws the 98% of legitimate CTRL players into the same category as a couple idiots who decided to ruin everyone's fun.

It throws 100% of legitimate CTRL players into that category but the fact is that the 100% of legitimate CTRL players are being let down by the rest of the players and they still did not manage to report to TW staff the players who were cheating. If they did do they would have been banned quickly and got it over and done with. Instead, many players got away with cheating because they never got caught and those who carried on cheating gave CTRL a reputation across the whole of tribalwars.

How can something be obvious when you heard it in rumours? god....
And btw for the exact millisecond part, it's not even possible to do it in the exact same millisecond every time even if someone was using a bot to try and due so, basically due to small server lags and the persons own computer lagging.
Either way someone macroing can be easily detected and thus this, and my above responses to your several posts, shows that you're oblivious.

Well everything I have seen shows that macros were being used. Most of the time server lag is either 83ms or 36ms.

And to your comment on 8AA8. Check the accounts nobody is cheating it is just that the guys over there are actually just that good.

DeletedUser

It throws 100% of legitimate CTRL players into that category but the fact is that the 100% of legitimate CTRL players are being let down by the rest of the players and they still did not manage to report to TW staff the players who were cheating. If they did do they would have been banned quickly and got it over and done with. Instead, many players got away with cheating because they never got caught and those who carried on cheating gave CTRL a reputation across the whole of tribalwars.
lol the only person throwing them into the category is you and a select few others. most people on here understand that the other idiots posting stuff about CTRL are people who got owned by them in game and have come out of the blue to spew bs now that CTRL no longer exists to defend themselves.

sorry but the 2 people that were using macros weren't posting all over our internal forums "HEY WE R USING MACROS" and they obviously weren't attacking us so how on earth should the rest of us have known?

the only reputation CTRL has across tribalwars is one of the best tribes ever on .net. i'm not sure where you get your info from.. whether you are new to w10 and listening to some of the dumb stuff fed to you by old ddb players or if you actually are on older enemy of CTRL, but most of what you are saying is complete bs. although i think you already know that as half the time you admit to having no proof or knowledge of what really went on

DeletedUser

Sean seriously, stop arguing about something you know nothing about. DDB members reported every single CTRL member that attacked them for using macros. They were desperate and scared, a couple even believed CTRL was just one big robot.

Even I had been accused on their forums as a bot user, their proof? A few thousand attacks I bothered to send :icon_rolleyes:

The game mods got tired of DDB players sending in a ticket every time they were attacked, so they threw on the bot protection to shut them up.

DeletedUser

sorry but the 2 people that were using macros weren't posting all over our internal forums "HEY WE R USING MACROS" and they obviously weren't attacking us so how on earth should the rest of us have known?

the only reputation CTRL has across tribalwars is one of the best tribes ever on .net. i'm not sure where you get your info from.. whether you are new to w10 and listening to some of the dumb stuff fed to you by old ddb players or if you actually are on older enemy of CTRL, but most of what you are saying is complete bs. although i think you already know that as half the time you admit to having no proof or knowledge of what really went on

Well actually neither. I heard everywhere that CTRL were cheating on this world. Everytime I hear anything about them someone mentions it. I thought it was a well known fact but it appears players disagree.

We will never find proof either way apart from those CTRL players who were banned for cheating so I will take you word for it that it was only a few CTRL players cheating. It's just what I heard from everyone else (even those who were on neither side of the war) is that more were cheating but as always most cheats do get away with it.

The point of this thread is not to throw accusations or bring up old arguments it is to ask for bot protection to be removed.

DeletedUser

dTb-

Most professionals can do 1 second noble trains but to do it with an exact difference of milliseconds is impossible without the aid of macros. The thing about macros is they cannot be detected but I can't think of any other reason tribalwars decided to put bot protection on world 10 and only world 10.

You seem to know quite a lot about macro's and how to cheat with them. On top of that you say you know that no account in 8AA8 is cheating (have you personally seen/accessed them all?). Then you say you've only played this world since late August of this year, and you refuse to say what account you play. Trying to implement that we have been cheating all along.

I'm not suggesting anything, but if your so squeaky clean why hide?

and how do you get to be such an expert on cheating?

DeletedUser

The point of this thread is not to throw accusations or bring up old arguments it is to ask for bot protection to be removed.

You did exactly that when you first posted. I would bring up all the DDB/BORG players that cheated, but that would be breaking the rules.

Lets just say that many more players from your side were banned than ours, because when they couldn't beat us many of them had to cheat.

DeletedUser

You did exactly that when you first posted. I would bring up all the DDB/BORG players that cheated, but that would be breaking the rules.

Lets just say that many more players from your side were banned than ours, because when they couldn't beat us many of them had to cheat.

That might have had to do with the fact that each and every single player on our side back in the day was reported 10+ times on average "Just to be sure they weren't cheating" - as opposed to 1-3 on ours - that was during Aramez's days... not afterward.

Hell... even one of the many accounts I switched to (jcalmbr) at one point was suspended and lost some PP cause of something Aramez sent to that account 6 months prior to me taking it over - yea okay, like anyone would start digging out 6 month old records without being asked to.

We simply didn't care that much. Unlike some vigilantes there who just loved spamming the "report" button I guess. I've got no idea on what DDB did though...

The one guy we knew was cheating and actually reported actively never got banned - so what the hell would be the point eh? Based on the maps alone he still isn't banned - which is rather amusing actually. My only question is... is he still sending 50k+ attacks per day on average? Or has it dropped to a more reasonable level?

Not to mention being able to send that many attacks at several players AND still manage to click enough to rebuild 800 catted villages.

BORG I'm fully aware who did use macros however, comparing the number of BORG vs CTRL who used macros, well, the latter wins by a landslide. BORG players didn't give a damn enough to use macros had they been taught how to... well most BORG players - figure why it's always the same people attacking?

As for CTRL, the idea that all of them cheated wouldn't have been fair - there are players there that are rather skilled without the use of bots and whatever not... however, it's inevitable that you're branded along with the cheats due to affiliations.

Then again why am I posting here anyways... flogging the dead horse... I guess...

Expert on cheating - macros are something that most people if they've played any tedious online game - would have probably employed at one time or another. Considering the mass of Runescape players or I should say ex-Runescape players on 10 originally, it's no surprise.

It wasn't whether or not you knew how to use them it was whether or not you decided to employ that knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.