BOTG III: Round 2 - Undead Billy Mays vs Evil Culprit

Vote for your favorite!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Welcome to BOTG III; Round 1.

Undead Billy Mays vs Evil Culprit

The theme for this round was: Vertical Freestyle.

Rules
Participants cannot vote.
Keep it anonymous.

Vote for your favourite!

Spider1.jpg

2ebbor4.jpg

Good luck to both participants!

jamesanddelo2

Voted #2 looks more creative, could use some sharpening in places imo but apart from that, really nice!

#1 I liked it, just wasn't as creative as number 2 so didn't get the edge, but nice work all the same!

DeletedUser71925

Though #2 is more creative, it lacks the quality of #1. As the saying goes, quality, not quantity, is important. Therefore, #1 get's my vote.

DeletedUser81336

Though #2 is more creative, it lacks the quality of #1. As the saying goes, quality, not quantity, is important. Therefore, #1 get's my vote.

I need a surgeon. My mind has been boned so hard it needs a doctor to repair the gaping hole. Don't flatter yourself champ. ;)

The only sentence of yours that I can agree with is the first one. Your thinking process is... mind numbing? *for lack of a better phrase*
Using the saying "Quality, not quantity" has no place in this thread. Use something that actually makes sense.
In saying quality over quantity you are correct in saying that (signature) #1 is over better quality than (signature) #2, but using the term quantity completely contradicts what you're preaching. When I, like most others, think of quantity, we think a large amount - typical associated with mass production. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Now we go back to you saying (signature) #2 is more creative than (signature) #1. How can it be more creative it is one of many, one of a say "mass produced or common signature?" The second signature is creative, it's not normal, the creator thought outside of the box. In fact, I have yet to see a signature [on these forums] like it. Now it may not be the best quality, but it is not just another signature, it's a little more than that because it is unique.

I could completely back you if you said (signature) #1 got my vote because it is of higher quality than (signature) #2, and anyone would agree; but your logic is flawed. Maybe I've gone off my rocker, but your train of thought befuddles me.

Also I'm back (at GE and Repinski), you asked for the arse hole and he's here. There is a story behind the person posting polite garbage on this account I would love to share with you sometime. :)

Edit: Notice I did not disagree with you because of a personal preference, as I have not voted yet. I just think your thought process is amusing and quite complicated.

DeletedUser

I'm not going to comment on the other dude's opinion since Oscar's already done so but the second got my vote since it broke free from the norm and did something that caught my attention. The quality could have been better but the quality in the first isn't exactly the greatest either so that's kinda null.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Congrats to Evil Culprit in a close and fair match

It's great to see these contests bring in brand new forum members signing up for the tribal wars forums to vote for single contests. :icon_wink:

ev2k2u.jpg

DeletedUser104262

Oh thanks , never thought I would have a chance lol :icon_redface:

yeah seems suspicious lol, but I have no idea who that is nor have I told anyone to vote for mine.

DeletedUser

Syntex I don't think the vote by 7 Trolls was fair. UBM's right, it's pretty obvious what happened. And one vote win? Made it way more obvious.

DeletedUser81336

No need to suddenly jump to conclusions. UBM was probably scammed out of a win, by the looks of it, but that cannot be proved until syntex (I'm not sure if he can check with his noob regular mod powers, so maybe timothy) does a background check.

Just check the IP of all the voters, if two (or more) match up without logical explanation both votes should be removed. If no IP addresses match up then I believe Evil Culprit got very lucky (which is still a big possibility, and I wouldn't even call it lucky as his tag is a good piece of work too) or someone went through a lot of effort to win an internet competition. :D

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Guys, Im not calling evil culprit out. At the end of the day Id love to feel confident that my entry lost fairly rather than unfairly. Sometimes it could be as simple as someone who identified who's work was who. and recruited a friend to vote without Evil culprit knowing. Even if some of the votes end up being disqualified then I dont want anyone to assume that Evil Culprit had anything to do with it. The first entry was well done and it's obvious that it was a very close race.

DeletedUser

I'm going to stay out of this whole problem :icon_razz:

​Seems a tad bit odd with some of those votes but none the less both pieces were good! :)

DeletedUser

[spoil]No need to suddenly jump to conclusions. UBM was probably scammed out of a win, by the looks of it, but that cannot be proved until syntex (I'm not sure if he can check with his noob regular mod powers, so maybe timothy) does a background check.

Just check the IP of all the voters, if two (or more) match up without logical explanation both votes should be removed. If no IP addresses match up then I believe Evil Culprit got very lucky (which is still a big possibility, and I wouldn't even call it lucky as his tag is a good piece of work too) or someone went through a lot of effort to win an internet competition. :D[/spoil]

Naah not jumping into any conclusions. Checked all the other Polls, he didn't vote any of them other than this one. Lol. I'm pretty sure it's an open-shut case. ^^, And the IP thing, remember one mastermind escaped =P And you can always use another PC.

[spoil]Guys, Im not calling evil culprit out. At the end of the day Id love to feel confident that my entry lost fairly rather than unfairly. Sometimes it could be as simple as someone who identified who's work was who. and recruited a friend to vote without Evil culprit knowing. Even if some of the votes end up being disqualified then I dont want anyone to assume that Evil Culprit had anything to do with it. The first entry was well done and it's obvious that it was a very close race.[/spoil]

No no boss, I'm not saying you called evil culprit out. Loving won't make it happen, I feel it wasn't fair lol. It is so possible to ask someone from skype to sign up and vote, but isn't that breaking anonymity? And UBM after pointing about 7trolls don't chicken out, it's quite clear what your wink meant. ;D

DeletedUser

I appreciate everyone's concern - I want to assure everyone that I am committed to making sure every competition is executed with an emphasis on fairness.

Obviously, multiple votes from a single IP address are a clear sign of cheating. That would be grounds for disqualification.

However, although it is somewhat suspicious for accounts to suddenly vote in a BOTG or SOTW for the first time without having frequented the Graphics board, there is nothing I can do unless there is evidence of illegal behavior. I don't want to impugn either Evil Culprit's or UBM's work with my comments - they are both deserving of votes and it is unfortunate that the question of an illicitly gained advantage even has to be raised.

DeletedUser104262

Well then if there is nothing you can do then I may as well drop out and let UBM continue.

Only joined to have some fun nothing serious but then getting accused for cheating.. Seriously I couldn't give flying monkey about this competition, just joined for fun..

But yeah, I am happy to drop out.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well then if there is nothing you can do then I may as well drop out and let UBM continue.

Only joined to have some fun nothing serious but then getting accused for cheating.. Seriously I couldn't give flying monkey about this competition, just joined for fun..

But yeah, I am happy to drop out.

To my knowledge Nobody including myself has asked you to drop out of the continuing contest. Suspicious intent does surround certain voting but at the same time nobody has proved anything beyond suspicion. If you would like to drop out of the competition we will all respect that choice but make sure its a choice you want and not something you feel pressured to do.

DeletedUser

I appreciate everyone's concern - I want to assure everyone that I am committed to making sure every competition is executed with an emphasis on fairness.

Obviously, multiple votes from a single IP address are a clear sign of cheating. That would be grounds for disqualification.

However, although it is somewhat suspicious for accounts to suddenly vote in a BOTG or SOTW for the first time without having frequented the Graphics board, there is nothing I can do unless there is evidence of illegal behavior. I don't want to impugn either Evil Culprit's or UBM's work with my comments - they are both deserving of votes and it is unfortunate that the question of an illicitly gained advantage even has to be raised.

Can you request ip checks?

DeletedUser

Yes, the issue has already been sorted. I'm sure Harb will be able to clear everything up once the next round is announced.