Vote for your favorite!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
For the people from .nl... I know it's been said to some of you before, and I know it should be obvious to you already, but things here and things on .nl work differently. (Side note: A friend of mine recently started modding on .nl, and what I hear from him shows me that things here and there are actually significantly different.) The system developed here has worked for us so far, and it's what you're stuck with whether you like it or not. Similarly, anyone from .net is subject to the rules of .nl while posting there whether they like it or not.

This is what an elder mod has said about ripping other people's work: http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=4184192&postcount=3
(Syntex quoted part of this already, but I guess people skipped over what the mod had to say. Maybe red doesn't stand out much.)

There is a forum moderation discussion section here, if you think things really do need to be changed: http://forum.tribalwars.net/forumdisplay.php?f=256

Anyway, this argument doesn't seem to be accomplishing much other than making this thread far longer than most poll threads in this section get to be. Either GE will show up and make some sort of official ruling about whether Jalwis is DQ'd (I'm guessing he'd get to make the call because he started the competition, apologies if I'm wrong and he's not the one making the call :p) or the poll will end in 12 hours.

(Before anyone yells at me, I have no intention of commenting on whether or not I think anything was ripped. I also won't comment on what sort of punishment there should be, as MF's stance seemed pretty clear to me. And until GE says something, we won't know how he plans to handle any of this.)

DeletedUser

Well.. We aren't even referring to rules on this forum.

Ripping is legally forbidden, because everything someone makes, has a copyright on it.
So he's stealing parts off a copyrighted artwork? :/
And this forum doesn't punish that, lol that's kinda weird don't you think.

It's like supporting ripping. Next time I'll join an sotw with a ripped piece.

DeletedUser

please stop this
I think jalwis learnt his lection not to imitate other tags for competitions
and even if he copied some parts completly the majority of this tag is made by himself.
I consider these parts as a renders he used and i do not understand why you frozen are so angry
I would feel honored that my tag is used in other tags. ;-)
So please calm down and shake hands. :D

Sorry, but this is the most stupid reply I've ever seen..
It's my work, I made it and it's officialy copyrighted. So copy parts out of it is called ripping, or stealing, which is forbidden by law.
The psd was LEARNING RIGHTS ONLY.
Would you feel honored if you made a painting, and someone stole it and said it was his work? I guess not..

omg i just wanted relax the situation
this is an amateur gfx forum and of course ripping is no peccadillo,
but I think it's exaggerated to ban him
the activity in this forum is low enought and such situations you have to stick together
and have fun, i forgive jalwis if there ever was something to be forgotten
consider the relations, this competition is for fun and practise :(

I don't care or he get's banned or not, but this guy and some others are the reason why I don't share psd's anymore..
It's not up to you to forgive him, because it is not your artwork that is stolen.
I would forgive him, if he just admitted he ripped, because.. this rip is so obvious --'

DeletedUser

[spoil]
For the people from .nl... I know it's been said to some of you before, and I know it should be obvious to you already, but things here and things on .nl work differently. (Side note: A friend of mine recently started modding on .nl, and what I hear from him shows me that things here and there are actually significantly different.) The system developed here has worked for us so far, and it's what you're stuck with whether you like it or not. Similarly, anyone from .net is subject to the rules of .nl while posting there whether they like it or not.

This is what an elder mod has said about ripping other people's work: http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=4184192&postcount=3
(Syntex quoted part of this already, but I guess people skipped over what the mod had to say. Maybe red doesn't stand out much.)

There is a forum moderation discussion section here, if you think things really do need to be changed: http://forum.tribalwars.net/forumdisplay.php?f=256

Anyway, this argument doesn't seem to be accomplishing much other than making this thread far longer than most poll threads in this section get to be. Either GE will show up and make some sort of official ruling about whether Jalwis is DQ'd (I'm guessing he'd get to make the call because he started the competition, apologies if I'm wrong and he's not the one making the call :p) or the poll will end in 12 hours.

(Before anyone yells at me, I have no intention of commenting on whether or not I think anything was ripped. I also won't comment on what sort of punishment there should be, as MF's stance seemed pretty clear to me. And until GE says something, we won't know how he plans to handle any of this.)
[/Spoil]

:lol: Just love how this guy steps in, says thing or two about how nl's work. But ends with Let's all wait for GE. IF GE was here, it would never have went so far. And no Sir, we respect the mod's nor do we love drama, Just was sad he wasn't Dq'd.

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
1. Female, not male.
2. When has it been stated that he won't be DQ'd? No one has officially said that he will or won't, unless I completely missed something elsewhere in this thread.
3. I pointed out that, as people should know, we have different punishment systems in place here than .nl does. The system here works here and the system there works there. If they hadn't worked up to now, they would have been changed. I said this in response to various calls for Jalwis to be infracted/banned, despite a post from an elder mod here saying that it's quite unlikely. I don't see how that relates to waiting for GE... They were separate points.
4. Seems like quite a lot of drama to me, for a thread to get this much activity around here. You can always mail an elder mod if you want to get their take on it. Judging by MF's post, it's probably best if .FG does this as it was his work that was allegedly copied. (Allegedly is legal speak for "someone has claimed this with evidence to back up what they say, but we lack absolute proof that no one could ever argue with in a million years, and I'm not taking sides." :p)

And I regularly lurk in the GFX forum. Just because I don't post much doesn't mean I'm not here.

DeletedUser105413

At first, stealing someones art is forbidden by law, i guess you know that.

I quote from the .net Forum Rules:

Copyright
Do not use copyrighted materials of any kind in your posts.

please read the rules before discuss about them.

Besides that, you probably don't know how annoying ripping is.
The skill level at .nl is pretty high and some of our tags seem to be very popular. By releasing our psd files as LRO psd files, we want to learn people some things. I'm not coming to this forum to say that this guy needs to be banned because i don't give a shit actually. I'm coming to this forum to say that it's so disrespectfull to the original maker of a psd to rip layers without asking. That's the reason that good taggers stop sharing psd's or even stop tagging. I've been ripped multiple times and i can tell you it's not that funny ;)

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
[spoil][/Spoil]

:lol: Just love how this guy steps in, says thing or two about how nl's work. But ends with Let's all wait for GE. IF GE was here, it would never have went so far. And no Sir, we respect the mod's nor do we love drama, Just was sad he wasn't Dq'd.

I have been approached recently about several things that seemed to breaking the rules for some of you posters on this forum. Of which I will clarify a couple of things from. Because the rules you seem to be following, aren't the actual rules written as they are here. And I mean that not in the way that you're breaking them, I mean that in the way that some you think someone else is breaking them.

Point 1, I have never and most likely we will never, ban/infract/warn anyone for posting signatures that aren't his, wether he's claiming they are or not, wether he/she admits to having stolen them or not. If you think it's something that you just shouldn't do, then don't post in the topic and STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS. I mean seriously, do I really have to come in here and make a topic like this? What's next, I have to go warn and infract you for thinking that someone else is breaking the rules? You're acting like a couple of kids that are lying on the floor screaming and kicking.

Point 2, posting 'copyrighted' guides? So they're made by someone else, does that mean they're automatically useless if he posts them here? To me it sounds a lot easier then having to google it yourself. Sure, morality would perhaps be to include the links, but what is that going to change? That you don't have to press the spoiler links? And even if he claimed they were his own, what are we going to do about it? Ban a person for claiming that something was his while someone else made it? The author can pick a fight with him, not me.

Point 3, evidently my last point. If you are not going to post constructively rather then posting "He stole that" or "that's copyrighted" then it will be you that gets the punishment* , because it is not breaking the rules of this forum nor is it in the best interest of this forum. Be glad there is a change of the usual "I need sig plz".

Point 4, I know, cliche aren't I... You can discuss any of these points with me personally. That means via the messaging system of the forum, NOT via a thread.

Have a nice day,
Timo

*(unless it's actually copyrighted and you are the owner of the rights)

Maybe you didn't understand my post. So I'll quote it in full so you can read it again. Point one being the most important one there, as the rest was more situational, but don't forget to take a look at point 3.

Guys, we've been over this before, maybe not with everyone that is currently involved, but for me, this is one giant deja vu. If you think someone is stealing tags, then don't vote for him/her and be done with it, don't drag it out longer than it has to be.

It's my work, I made it and it's officialy copyrighted. So copy parts out of it is called ripping, or stealing, which is forbidden by law.

The only way this entire case has any weight to it, is if that is true, so if you don't mind, I'd like you to show me the entry/application at the copyright office or give me the means to find it on their site. (PM)

To cut a long story short; if you think someone stole something, don't vote for the entry, don't go spewing accusations. I can agree that a post or 3 to make clear that it could very well be a forgery/copy is fine, but to have to drag this entire thing over 4 pages is a waste of time, energy and quite frankly, effort. Thusly I also don't see any reason to drag this any further than it's already gone, from now on I expect posts that pertain to your voting behavior on the entries and possibly the reason behind it, but no more random digs and no more need to discuss the authenticity of the entries, for reasons I already summed up 3 years ago (in quoted post above).

At the risk of sounding cliché once more, for anyone that didn't get anything of what I just said, the jest; post about an entries authenticity to be from the supposed maker now gets you a handy infraction to go with it. So be warned, if you need to say anything that hasn't already been said, feel free to do it in a PM.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

512038.png

Seriously, stop being so retarded guys...

DeletedUser105413

MasterFire said:
Point 3, evidently my last point. If you are not going to post constructively rather then posting "He stole that" or "that's copyrighted" then it will be you that gets the punishment* , because it is not breaking the rules of this forum nor is it in the best interest of this forum. Be glad there is a change of the usual "I need sig plz".

Copyright
Do not use copyrighted materials of any kind in your posts.

I seriously don't get that post lol

To cut a long story short; if you think someone stole something, don't vote for the entry, don't go spewing accusations. I can agree that a post or 3 to make clear that it could very well be a forgery/copy is fine, but to have to drag this entire thing over 4 pages is a waste of time, energy and quite frankly, effort. Thusly I also don't see any reason to drag this any further than it's already gone, from now on I expect posts that pertain to your voting behavior on the entries and possibly the reason behind it, but no more random digs and no more need to discuss the authenticity of the entries, for reasons I already summed up 3 years ago (in quoted post above).

We just want to convince people that stealing artwork is really bad.
Probably you've never been ripped and don't know how it feels, but there are massive ripcases which sold other peoples art etc, and we artists try to convince people not to rip.
It's just your opinion that it's a waste of time, my opinion is completely different i guess.

otherwise i ain't got nothing to do atm so wasting time doesn't matter :lol:

and about infractions, do whatever you want, but think about how it feels when stuff from you is stolen and you cannot do anything about it because nobody believes you ...

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
[spoil]
512038.png
[/spoil]

Seriously, stop being so retarded guys...

I know Deviantart plasters a Copyright over everything, but lets have the actual copyright office document please.
http://cocatalog.loc.gov/
or
http://www.copyright.gov/forms/search_estimate.html
And please try to use spoilers for bigger images.

I seriously don't get that post lol

We just want to convince people that stealing artwork is really bad.
Probably you've never been ripped and don't know how it feels, but there are massive ripcases which sold other peoples art etc, and we artists try to convince people not to rip.
It's just your opinion that it's a waste of time, my opinion is completely different i guess.

otherwise i ain't got nothing to do atm so wasting time doesn't matter :lol:

and about infractions, do whatever you want, but think about how it feels when stuff from you is stolen and you cannot do anything about it because nobody believes you ...

Are you saying nobody believes you? Because then you really haven't been reading. And I might not have had any artwork ripped off from me, but that doesn't mean I haven't been stolen from, it sucks, I know. And sure, I'm all for not having things stolen, but how do you figure he's going to get on your side all of the sudden, if you think he stole the entry in the first place?

Any further discussions, lets have them in a PM. For now I will close this thread, and the entry that currently has the mosts votes wins, since both the voting are well in favor of entry two, and Jalwis has said that he doesn't care whether he gets disqualified, so none of this has to drag out any further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.