- Participants can not vote for either signature
( it would give away which is theirs )

NETBOTGR2.png

vp2BqD.png

Good Luck to both participants !
Regards,
Genetic Engineer & Syntex​

Repinski

#1 looks like you didn't do anything other than make it a greyscale and then had a little tunnel lighting with the right side bright. So i voted for #2 even though that random green square looks like crap on the piece.

DeletedUser102804

Someone's butt hurt.

I took this tag I had made during the week we were making entries, and just grayscaled everything except the green box:
807b864e.jpg

It's a horrible tag, and I thought I would've lost since the C4D and splatters clash terribly, but yours is just a render that was duplicated a few times on top of some sort of alien/space background (by the looks of it), then you just added some soft brushing layers and some soft light layers. I could have accomplished all of that on less than 5 layers, which my tag has plenty more of.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Did an analysis of both entries:

[SPOIL]
analysis.png
[/SPOIL]

While I thought it was the better of the two, to be honest, the flow was nothing like what you seem to think it was, in my opinion. :icon_razz:

flows.png

Is what the flow is doing to my eyes, it leads out to the left, it certainly doesn't lead inwards to the lower right (apparently where the focal is, but it took me awhile to find) while the crossing background flow which did hurt my brain a bit, it's... Messy. :icon_razz:

I just thought the other one was boring. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Someone's butt hurt.

I took this tag I had made during the week we were making entries, and just grayscaled everything except the green box:
807b864e.jpg

It's a shit tag, and I thought I would've lost since the C4D and splatters clash terribly, but yours is just a render that was duplicated a few times on top of some sort of alien/space background (by the looks of it), then you just added some soft brushing layers and some soft light layers. I could have accomplished all of that on less than 5 layers, which my tag has plenty more of.

Butt hurt? Why would my butt be hurting?
And for the background as I mentioned to repinski I spent nearly an hour cutting out the rocks, spending most of the time at 400% zoom using 1px and 2px brushes to get a more natural cut than using the pentool would have. And why does the amount of layers count for how good the piece is? I've made pieces with nearly 100 layers that are worse than those that I have made with just 20 layers. It is down to how you organise your content and how you create the scene.

While I thought it was the better of the two, to be honest, the flow was nothing like what you seem to think it was, in my opinion. :icon_razz:

flows.png

Is what the flow is doing to my eyes, it leads out to the left, it certainly doesn't lead inwards to the lower right (apparently where the focal is, but it took me awhile to find) while the crossing background flow which did hurt my brain a bit, it's... Messy. :icon_razz:

I just thought the other one was boring. :icon_redface:

I still can't see the flows that you see harb :D Below is the only other way that I can see the leading lines going :)

[SPOIL]
screenshot20120322at190.png
[/SPOIL]

Good battle though Jalwis :)

DeletedUser104802

jalwis clearly his was more eyecatching and pretty :D doesnt matter the work u put in it,its voters choice so dont fight here !

Burning GFX

No need for any aggression, its always a learning progress and doing comps lets you know what the people think not always us "GFXer's". Jalwis you need to learn about people just analyzing and doing CnC, you always rear up and get defensive.

DeletedUser102804

I'm not rearing up. I said my tag was horrible, and then proceeded to poorly criticize his piece as he had done mine.

Tbh, I should've lost, it was a horrible tag and I haven't had much time to be making tags lately due to college, scholarships, and jones.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser92094

i dont think either tag has reached both your potential, still both amazing GFXers though. :)

DeletedUser

I've learnt from experience that it never matters what is technically right, it matters what people like. Voters don't know how much work something might take, they just vote for the prettiest, unless it's plainly obvious the work you have put in (ie. Something incredibly detailed).

DeletedUser92094

When i say over-worked, i mean too much has been done to it, when it doesn't need to be like that. so over done that it's too messy and stuff? :)