BOTG Round 3

King Sean04

Welcome to BOTG #3

Unfortunately GE couldn't host this round so I jacked it from him.
You're going to have to deal with me now :icon_twisted:
So send your submissions to myself and I will get them to ready for Syntex to put up.

The Theme is Smudge
Entries to be submitted by : April 4th 23:59 pm (-6 GMT)

The pairings are as follows :

Jalwis2007 v Hardcore
Harbringer297 v Norman the Cat

Seems as the brackets were worked out wrong (again) somebody needed to be automatically put through,
I decided it should be the person who got the highest percentage of votes in their given pair (again),
this person being GE with 89.47% of the votes in his battle.​

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Oh yeah I see how it is ... just miss me out of the final ... fine ¬_¬

EDIT : Ummm awkward but I won the BOTG between me and HD ... not the other way around

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser92094

Oh great. i've only just started smudging and i go up against harb ?! Dayum.

battle of the aussies ! ;)

DeletedUser102804

damn.gif

Welp, smudging it is, I guess.

DeletedUser

• Jalwis2007 - H@rdcore
  • Harbinger297 - Norman the Cat
  • Genetic Engineer - N/A

So it's me, h@rdcore and GE through. How will we do the next round?

King Sean04

I haven't thought about it... I was thinking three way because that would be cool... but tradition is 1 v 1...

DeletedUser

Is it possible for me t join? Or are all the members set, or went through previous battles to reach here?

If so, I can even this out by joining.

DeletedUser

Is it possible for me t join? Or are all the members set, or went through previous battles to reach here?

If so, I can even this out by joining.

They went through previous battles to get here, sorry. We have these BOTG "Battle of the Graphics" every now and then; mainly when someone can be bothered organizing it... so keep a look out and you can enter next time :)

DeletedUser

They went through previous battles to get here, sorry. We have these BOTG "Battle of the Graphics" every now and then; mainly when someone can be bothered organizing it... so keep a look out and you can enter next time :)

Aha! That's how it works? Obviously there had to be some restrictions, I don't doubt on the passion of the youth lurking these forums, that no one other than me tried to give it a shot..
Skype-emoticons-02-bigsmile.gif

Will do sir, Just wanted to know how it works here. I thought it changed into something like FringeFx's Member Challenge. ;)

DeletedUser

Traditionally it's a simple 3 way battle.
But I suppose you could try a more adventerous every contestant battles the other 2 contestants making for 6 polls ... but then how do you everybody both wins one and loses one in like a circle if you get what I mean so for example :

Genetic Engineer V Harbinger
Harbinger V H@rdcore
H@rdcore V Genetic Engineer

For example in each battle if the bolded person won then ... how do you call a winner on that, because it literally loops round. It'd be much easier if we keep it simple with one poll ?

DeletedUser

I don't really like the 3-way battle for the final, personally, the final should be a 1v1. Given that neither me or h@rdcore has sat a round out yet and GE has, I think it should be either me vs GE, or h@rdcore vs GE, then we have our final battle after that. (We can't judge it by the previous method, as both h@drcore and I had 17 votes each, the exact same >.<)

DeletedUser

Harb, the people in the final can change depending on the number of people that started the BOTG. If it is to be a 1v1 final like a standard knock-out tournament is, then you will be looking at 32|16|8|4|2|1. However the more likely number of designers entering now is around 24, so that then lends itself to a 3 way final: 48|24|12|6|3|1. So, we can either cap the number of entrants at 16 as we will never have 32 designers taking part in a BOTG at the same time, or cap it at 24. They are our two best options so we don't have the problems that we have had with this BOTG :)

In relation for this final though: 3 ->1 is the best way to go :)

DeletedUser92094

We just need a winner, no need to be all technical, just a simple final would be just dandy.